Family is the best

An ordinary love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was just in my room pondering if I should go to school tomorrow or not when someone knocked on my door.

Mom: Jahoon honey. Can I come in?

Jahoon: It's fine, mom! You can come in!

The door to my room opened and mom walked inside and closed the door behind her.

Mom: How are you feeling honey? Still, feeling nauseous or lightheaded?

Jahoon: I don't know mom. I still feel a little lightheaded and I'm beginning to feel cold but when I touch my own forehead it feels warm.

I got directly home yesterday with the help of Haewon since I didn't want to be met with Yujin ever again that day or have the other girl pity me and tell me that they had warned me off. I didn't to be reminded of how stupid I was. Haewon helped me home and even helped me lie to my mom since she was surprisingly at home when we came.

Mom: Let me take a look at you, honey.

Mom put the back of her hand on my forehead. Her expression turned into a worried one.

Mom: Oh my dear baby. You are beginning to become a little hotter than normal. Don't worry baby. Just stay home for today and maybe also tomorrow. Is there anything you want? I can go out and buy it for you?

Jahoon: It is alright mom. You don't have to trouble yourself too much. I know how hard you work.

Mom: Oh my sweet little. If you need anything just tell me and I will buy it for you. I have to go to work now honey.

Mom kissed me on the forehead and walked out of the door. I listened until I heard her car drive away before I got out of bed and walked over to my secret place. It was a place that Jiwon and I had found when we were kids. We would usually spend time there whenever we wanted to spend time away from our parents or just when we needed some time alone. It was a gigantic tree where if you climbed it there would be a hole to the inside of the tree. Kind of like a tree house but you didn't have to build it. Jiwon and I have spent our time since we found it making it comfy and safe so that we could stay there overnight if we wanted. I found the ladder that we had hiding behind some bushes a few meters away and dragged it over to the tree. I climbed up and undid the lock before entering. I made sure to close the door after me and sat on one of the beanie bags that we had. I just sat there for a while and looked up, wondering what I had done wrong to deserve this when I heard someone fiddling with the door. I grabbed a baseball bat near me and got ready to attack.

Jiwon: Just as I thought. You are hiding here instead of going to school.

Jahoon: Unnie! What are you doing here? I thought you went to school?

Jiwon came and sat on the beanie bag beside me with a sigh.

Jiwon: Well I thought the same until I found out from mom that you were "sick" and asked me if I would take care of you when I got home from my study session with my class. And I also happened to find out that you aren't actually sick but are just trying to avoid school because of what happened between you and Yujin.

Jahoon: You know?

Jiwon: That Yujin cheated on you with a girl named Wonyoung? Yeah, I knew from the rumors going around in school but got it confirmed when I met Haewon in front of our house. I asked her what she was doing and being the nice and sweet girl she was, she told me everything that happened yesterday. I also know that Haewon likes you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter