Cafe

To Love and to cherish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They were having lunch at their usual cafe, when Ryeowook noticed that there was a 'notice board' put up by the owner that the premise would be up for sale, as they would be closing down their business in 2 months' time.

Kyuhyun had brought Ryeowook out for lunch after their gynae checkup.  Eversince he had returned from his business trip, he had decided to work from home for a month, so that he could ensure that his newly pregnant wife would have enough rest.

"Kyu, they are selling this cafe..." she pointed at the signboard.

"Ohhh....., but it's sad, right, to give up such a good location. Maybe they want to retire..." Kyuhyun said after reading the signboard.

"Shall we buy it?" Ryeowook suddently blurted out. She thought it was a good location too and it would be nice to open her dream cafe. Previously during their trip to the beach, she told him that one of her dream was to open a bakery or food business, but she didn't know it would be fulfilled or not, as at that time, she was still single. So now, it was a good opportunity, wasn't it?

"What? No.... !" Kyuhyun looked at her with questioning look. 

"It's a good opportunity, Kyu!  I can sell home-made buckwheat noodles, sandwiches, desserts...." Ryeowook suddenly started thinking of ideas.

"No, Ryeong. Not now when you are pregnant. It's too much work and I don't want you to run a business at such a big cafe like this..." Kyuhyun shook his head.

Ryeowook kept quiet. Her dream was to expand her home business  and she thought that this was a good opportunity!

Kyuhyun became concerned that his wife was suddenly quiet. She must be upset that he turned down her business ideas.

"Ryeong, look at me..." he told her and used his hand to lift up her sad face. "I agree that this is a good location and I know you have aspiration to run a food business, but not now.  I told you before, I will not stop you for continuing your bakery business if that is your passion,  but I did say that you need to slow down or stop, once you are pregnant".

"I know..." she simply said and looked down at her food again. She understood his concerns,  and they were valid concerns, but she didn't understand herself why she became upset. Maybe she thought it was a good opportunity to grab!

"Please don't get upset, Ryeong.  There will be better opportunities in future, okay? We can explore it together..." he reached for her hand and gently squeezed it, to silently tell her that he meant what he said.

Ryeowook nodded and smile. She continued eating her food silently. She didn't have much appetite, but she didn't like to waste food, so she slowly ate her creamy chicken pasta and managed to swallow some more.

"Ryeong,  I'm not annoyed with you, and I promise you, I will look into fulfilling your dream to open a cafe. So, please.... please cheer up..?!!" Kyuhyun was worried that he had upset his wife.

"I'm okay Kyu" she smiled at him. She wanted to laugh because her dearest husband looked so worried. "I just feel bad that I can't finish this pasta..."

Kyuhyun pulled her shoulder towards him as she was seated just next to him "It's okay, Ryeong, don't force yourself to finish it. I'm already happy that you manage to eat most of it" and he kissed her temple.

He finished his food and brought their trays to the returned tray area, and washed his hands. He dropped by the bakery section to buy éclairs, 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter