Surgery

To Love and to cherish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Kyu, seriously, how could I be pregnant? We just got married" Ryeowook refused to do the pregnancy test.

They had dropped by a pharmacy once they had returned to central Paris, and bought 2 pregnancy test kits.

"Just test, Ryeong. It's okay if it's negative..." Kyuhyun insisted once they were in their hotel room. "We made love once you were cleared of your menses, remember? And that was 2 weeks ago. So you might be 2 weeks pregnant" 

"What if I'm not?" she looked at him. 

"It's okay if you are not, at least we know for sure" he smile at her. "And if you are, then I will shout happily to tell everyone that I'm going to be a father!!" he laughed, mainly because his wife gave him a "seriously?" look!! 

Ryeowook took a deep breath, grabbed the test kit, and stepped into the bathroom. She checked the guided diagram on what to do because everything was in French. 

Suddenly she noticed that Kyuhyun was next to her at the wash-hand basin! This man! 

"Kyu, I can do it myself" she said and slowly push the man away.  Kyuhyun laughed but stepped out nevertheless. 

It turned out to be negative!! Ryeowook showed the result to her eager-faced husband. 

"See?..." she told him. 

It baffled Kyuhyun because his wife had started showing most of the pregnancy signs. But oh well, if it's negative, then, there's nothing much that he  could do. 

He hide his disappointment "It's okay my dearest wife. At least we know for sure" he smile and pulled her into a hug. Of course he wasn't in a rush to start a family but it was a beautiful feeling to know that he was going to be a father. Well, maybe not yet, but coming soon. He smile to himself and he felt better. 

For the next few days, they went shopping at rue Saint Honore, Champs Ellisse, and at Galaries Lafayette. Mostly because Ahra gave them a list of bags that she wanted and also to get a bag for their mother's birthday. 

"I'm going to charge noona for getting us to buy things for her!" Kyuhyun was nagging because they had visited two LV boutiques but the handbag design that she wanted was not available. 

And Ryeowook looked tired already.  "Maybe we have lunch first, then we continue? You've already buy 1 YSL bag for me, so that is enough for me" she smile at him with gratitude. 

"Okay let's have lunch. I want to get you a pair of shoes too. So later we drop by Ferragamo boutique" he smile at her, and wrapped his arm on her shoulder. 

"Thank you, but I have enough shoes. I don't think I need another one..." she told him, being humble as usual. 

"Nope I still want to get you a pair of shoes. We are in Paris, Ryeong! Best place to get all the expensive brands!!!" he raised his eyebrows and gestured her to step into a lovely Cafe Saint Honore. 

Ryeowook slumped on the soft leather seat and rested her back. She don't understand why she was feeling tired. She missed her garden! Usually if she felt unwell, she would boil herbs and drank it and she would feel better. 

Thinking about her garden, luckily her usual courier guy, Hyunshik, agreed to look after the garden. He promised to drop by every evening to water her plants and Ryeowook had already paid him some money. Poor guy, his baby was sickly, and he had been taking extra work to pay for his medications, and had been the one Ryeowook engaged as her courier person to deliver her cookies. 

"You okay Ryeong?" Kyuhyun came and sat next to her and wrapped his arm across her back. "I think we better go for a complete checkup once we are back in Seoul" 

"I really don't know why I'm like this. Yeah..., maybe I go for a checkup. You don't have to go with me, Kyu. He will be busy once you go back to work" Ryeowook told him honestly. She didn't want to disrupt with his working schedule or his work. 

"We can always make appointment on a Saturday. Do you have a regular clinic or hospital that you usually go to?" He asked her. 

"Yes, I have, and it's in Seoul itself actually, in Apgujeong. It's a Women hospital, and they have both hospital and medical facilities. Halmeoni introduced her doctor, Dr Chung, to me when I accompanied her for her checkup, and halmeoni was the one who made appointment for my checkup, and she accompanied me during my checkup too" Ryeowook smile fondly everytime she thought of halmeoni. 

"You are such an important person to halmeoni. I wished that I visited her more frequently last time, at Ieast I would get to know you" he grinned at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter