Beinte singko

The Lexicon of Pighati
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soliloquy.

The curvi-linear forms of this painting of Maningning Miclat greeted Seulgi's eyes. 

Joohyun took her here, an art exhibit of various Filipino painters which she was able to find through her ate Taeyeon's help. Seeing Miclat's painting in the flesh is the third moment in Seulgi's map of memories. 

"Her art really spoke to you no, Seul?" Joohyun mused.

"Yes. The artist that is Maningning Miclat," Seulgi said. "Her art was our first topic."

"Our?"

"Taeyeon and mine."

Joohyun nodded. Reaching for Seulgi's hand, she directed the two of them to the next room, where in front of them was a painting which Seulgi knew all too well.

"Seul," Joohyun started. 

"This was the artwork which made me realized that it's still you."

"That it's always been you."

"I was out on a date with some random girl then abroad. She took me to this art event, where a curator presented and discussed various artworks. When this flashed on the screen, it confirmed what I think I knew all along - na mahal pa rin kita."

The painting was no other than Juan Luna's Tampuhan.

"I couldn't help but think that I'm that person looking out of the window. I may be regaled by what I saw outside, by what I witness and experience in other parts of the world, but I know - my heart has always known - that when I look back, sa paglingon ko Seul, gusto ko ikaw at ikaw lang makikita ko."

Seulgi once knew t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter