Beinte-uno

The Lexicon of Pighati
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sight of the verdure expanse of the freedom park stirred something inside Joohyun. Here, in its mist, its lightness, a whole swath of gaiety, lies Seulgi's second most treasured memory. 

Three months have passed since they were able to revisit the first one. Joohyun had to wait for this particular gathering so the second one could eventuate again.

Thankfully, her job as a research assistant in a university allowed her to be always up-to-date about the happenings of students, shenanigans included, so she was able to drag Seulgi to this just in time. 

"Huy, hindi lang basta shenanigan itong Naruto run a," Seulgi corrected her, pouting as she sat beside Joohyun below the shade of the fertility tree. 

"Alam mo ba na may aports ako, pinagbawalan sila mag-Naruto run sa university nila. Baka daw kasi maaksidente sila, sagutin pa ng school authorities. Pero hindi naman binago required tasks sa kanila - so nagtatakbo pa rin sila sa field para sa PE, tapos nag-iinterview pa rin sila at nag-sho-shoot sa madaling araw sa Maynila para sa mga prod nila, na may concomitant risks rin naman," Seulgi said, shaking her head. "Shows that the prohibition was made not out of anything logical, but just because they hold the power in their hands, just because they can."

"Hindi na rin naman siguro nakakapagtaka. That same university once 'suggested' to their student paper to just write about school events and activities and disregard current issues. Pero

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter