Chapter 8

My Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days had passed since I found out about Mark and Mina. I wasn’t angry, nor was I hurt. I was feeling shocked, that's all. 

 

Mark and Jaehyun continued to message me despite not being able to see each other due to their busy schedules. Mark was constantly reminding me of his love for me and that it would never change. 

I knew that Mark wouldn’t hurt me. 

Jaehyun, on the other hand, was acting so much more differently than usual. He was texting me more and even telling me about how much he cared about me. It wasn’t like him to do this. 

*Beep* 

I got an email the morning of my first day of Christmas break. 

It was from an unknown user: [email protected] 

I grabbed my cup of tea to sit down on the couch, prepared to open the suspicious email. 

 

“Hello. 

    This is Yoon Seung Jo, NCT’s manager. I believe this is Kim Eunji. 

    I would like to speak to you. Kindly visit me in my office on the third floor of SM’s 

    building later today at 2pm. It’s about an important matter. 

 

    Thank you.” 


 

I could have sworn that at that moment I almost spilled my cup of tea. I had no idea why the manager of NCT would want to speak to me, especially since I knew dating was allowed as long as it was kept secret from the general public. 

I put on a comfy sweater, jeans, and a beanie since it was the first snow and the temperature was below zero. 

I took the bus to the company and could not figure out if I was shaking from the cold, or from nerves. 

 

“Hi, I’m here to see Yoon Seung Jo. He asked to see me at 2,” I told the front desk, trying to smile as much as possible. 

 

The lady at the front desk smiled, “Ah, yes. Please take the elevator to the third floor. His office is the first door to your right.” 

I quickly bowed and hurried to catch the open elevator to press “level 3”. 

I got out of the elevator and saw the first door to my right. There was a sign that read, “Yoon Seung Jo, NCT” next to the door. 

I hesitated at first as I brought up my hand to knock, but before I could even press my knuckles to make the sound, the door had opened. 

 

“Eunji. Please, come in,” he smiled, gently closing the door. 

 

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you,” I said, giving him a 90-degree bow. 

 

I sat down in the seat in front of his desk and he took his own, opening up his laptop after. 

 

“So, you may be wondering why I called you. Well, I know you’re Mark’s girlfriend,” he said, cutting to the chase. 

 

My eyes widened, “I-I…yes.” 

 

He smiled, “It’s okay. I didn’t call you for that. I actually called you because I felt that you had every right to know about Mark’s upcoming show.” 

 

“Show?” 

 

“Yes, so Mark will be on ‘We Got Married’.” 

 

My heart sank, “The show where they pretend to be a married couple?” 

 

He nodded, “Yes.” 

 

“Well, if it’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter