who is she?

fatum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ms. Myoui:

 

Our team is happy to inform you that we have located a Korean student willing to host you during the school year. We ask that you visit your school as soon as possible to fill out all the necessary information...

 

Immediately after reading the email, Mina stood from her desk and searched for her phone, shuffling her hand under the pillows until she found it. Immediately, she video called Sana and Momo, knowing they would probably be in bed at this hour.

 

"Girls, I did it!" Mina yelled with ecstatic joy, followed by small jumps until she sat down once again.

 

“Darling, what are we talking about?” Sana asked with a sleepy voice. Mina had guessed correctly.

 

“They- The school emailed me saying they found a host!” She wore a huge grin on her face. Among the three, Mina was the only one who did not have a place yet, which was very scary for her since if they could not find one on time, she would be left without her best friends for the rest of the year. Although Mina's father was hesitant to let her go, after many promises and strong arguments, he finally relented, knowing there was no way of making his daughter to stay willingly.

 

“OH MY GOD” Momo, who had been chewing on her breakfast the entire time, spoke up after swallowing.

 

“OH MY GOD, MINA!”

 

“I know, I'm so happy.” Her voice was almost singing from excitement.

 

“We should do some shopping or something to celebrate.” Sana just wanted an excuse to buy stuff, but Momo agreed immediately. The plan didn't matter as long as they got to spend time together.

 

“Okay, but we have to stop at school before. There's some stuff I have to fill out there.” Mina was excited, to say the least.

 

“Okay, I'll drive,” Sana reminded, hanging up shortly after giving them an approximate time she would be arriving.

 

About an hour later, Sana and Momo honked and Mina joined them in the vehicle. The drive was short since Mina's place wasn't far from their first stop: school.

 

“Agh, hell!” Momo joked while pointing at the building. After some giggles Mina walked inside, where she knocked on different doors until someone responded. It took a lot longer than expected.

 

On the other side, the two older girls in the car were bored out of their minds while waiting; at this point, they had probably played `I spy´ with every possible object there was around.

 

When Mina finally got inside the car, she had an extremely crucial update.

 

“We have to write a letter.”

 

“Huh?!” Momo and Sana asked in unison, surprised that was the first thing that exited Mina's lips.

 

“We have to write our host a letter,” Mina repeated, this time being a bit more specific.

 

“What do you mean?” The eldest questioned.

 

“Before texts were born, people wrote something called lett-”

 

“Don't be a , you know what she means.” Sana defended her friend from the teasing after giggling quietly.

 

“We have to tell our hosts about ourselves. What we like, dislike, our hobbies, the typical stuff. They also said that this afternoon they'll post the lists with the names of our hosts so we can check them out.” Mina was explaining to them everything she had heard inside during her wait. Their plans were probably going to change now.

 

“Yeah, we're not going shopping. We have very important stuff to do.” Sana put the keys in the lock cylinder, turning the engine over and driving back to Mina's place without even asking if they could hang out there; she already knew the answer.

 

“We're gonna look up our hosts and stalk them, aren't we?” Momo asked while sipping from her coffee. She knew Sana too well to not be aware of was what going to happen.

 

“Definitely.” Mina and Sana answered at the same time.

 

They drove back to Mina's place because it was the biggest house out of the three of them, and they always loved how spacious and beautiful Mina's house was. On the contrary, Mina didn't think it was worth it. Her parents were out most of the time and by the time they got back, they were too tired to engage in conversation with the only child that still lived with them. Mina would rather have a simple house with a family that was around instead of this house that always felt cold.

 

The three girls were now in Mina's room, the owner sitting on her desk while her two friends were laying on her bed.

 

“It's out!” Mina screamed, waking Sana and Momo from their slumber state the second the clock hit 6 o'clock.

 

“And? Who are they?”

 

“Okay, let me see. Hirai Momo," after scrolling on the long file, Mina found the name she was interested in. "your girl is called Kim Dahyun.”

 

“Is she pretty?” Momo asked with a straight face, like her roommate being attractive was her number one priority, 

 

“There aren't any pictures here. It's up to you to figure it out.” Mina turned her chair around and found her friends attentively listening to her.

 

“What about me?” Sana pouted.

 

“Let me find you.” Mina turned back to her computer and searched for a couple of seconds. “Yours is called Chou Tzuyu. Doesn't sound Korean, so she must be a foreigner too.”

 

After receiving the information, Sana nodded before moving her eyes down to write down the name in her notes.

 

“A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter