just this once.

fatum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her fingers were trembling, she was crazy nervous because what if answering this question made everything go back to how things used to be? “Momo.”

 

“Yeah?” The older uninterestedly replied while reading a book for her literature class in bed.

 

“What exactly happened? You know, the day that we...” Dahyun was currently laying on the bed with her body upside down, her hair barely brushing the floor.

 

“The night of the party?” She closed her book knowing damn well there was no way of focusing on it now. After receiving a lazy nod, she continued. “Well, at the party we started talking in a different way than before and-”

 

“-we were flirting. You can say it, there’s no need to sugarcoat it.” Although she knew Momo was only doing it for her sake, Dahyun wanted the truth even if it hurt.

 

“We were flirting, and I kissed you because I thought that was what you wanted.” Momo laid down on the bed because maybe staring at the ceiling would make it easier to tell. “But you started freaking out and blabbered so much I couldn’t understand. Now I know it was probably about your family and but back then I was so confused. I tried to calm you down but you ran to the bathroom and we…” It was hard, much harder than she thought it would be.

 

Momo was aware Dahyun just wanted to be able to remember what happened, and she had the right to know even if it was from another point of view, but it hurt so ing much.

 

“You don’t have to keep going if you don’t want to.”

 

“Shut up. I ran after you and the second the door closed you pushed me against the door and… you know. It was kinda rough if you ask me.” Momo started laughing at her comment, maybe it would lighten the mood and make the story bearable to tell.

 

The younger’s face was as red as a tomato. Dahyun knew she was capable of doing things like that, she had fantasized about it too, but never thought she would actually do it. “Yeah. Sorry.”

 

“It’s okay I also kinda liked it. Anyways, we left after the with Chaeyoung and that guy went down because you said you were tired.”

 

“That’s it?” She asked hopefully. ’Please, let that be it. Please, let that be it.’

 

“No.”

 

“Oh, for s sake.” She really hoped they hadn’t done it , or she would never be able to look Momo in the eye ever again.

 

“We didn’t have if that’s what you’re asking.” Momo went straight to the point, it did look like that was what Dahyun was interested in, and the sigh of relief the younger let out only confirmed her suspicions. “Jesus, thanks.”

 

“It’s not like I wouldn’t like to-” Dahyun’s cheeks once again painted deep red, “God, what I mean is that it would be embarrassing to have done it and to not recall it.”

 

“I understand, Dahyun. It’s okay.” And Momo really did. When Dahyun had opened up, it helped her know what she was going through, but right now all Momo could do was support her and hope that one day the younger would have the courage to be who she truly is, and if Momo just happened to be around and still interested in her, even better.

 

“Did anything else happen?”

 

“Not really, just some making out but that was it.” The fact that they almost had was something she’d rather keep to herself. Just for the sake of maintaining her ‘healthy’ relationship with Dahyun.

 

— (memory) —

 

“,” Dahyun could messily reply to the kiss while she removed her shirt, “you’re just so pretty.”

 

Things were getting heavy . It’s not like any of them didn’t want to, but Momo’s head was still trying to understand what had happened back at the party. The only problem would be that asking might kill the mood, and having a half- pretty girl who was willing to have with her on top wasn’t exactly something Momo wanted to give up.

 

But it got the best of her.

 

“Dahyun,” She tried to move her head to the side so Dahyun would stop, but it only led to the younger attacking her exposed neck. “, stop!”

 

“Huh?” She was like a deer caught in headlights, her eyes darkened by lust but glistening with concern. “What’s wrong?”

 

Momo sat up, making their distance even shorter as Dahyun was straddling her. “You’re just being really rough.” She took Dahyun’s flushed cheeks between her hands and started caressing them. Since when was it easy to do something so intimate with someone she barely knew? Dahyun looked stunning even when disheveled and drunk. “Are you okay?”

 

“Mhm, I just,” Dahyun flopped on the bed and with her forearm pushed Momo to do the same next to her. “I don’t know.”

 

“Do you wanna talk about it?”

 

“ no.” Dahyun breathed out while she tried to count the lines on the ceiling. She didn’t mean to be rude, just sincere.

 

“What do you wanna do?” It’s not like her aroused state had suddenly dissipated, it had taken everything in her to stop their kissing, but knowing that they might be doing something that sober Dahyun might regret was concerning.

 

“Can we sleep? I feel like I’m gonna pass out.” She settled on her side, half-hugging a deep-thinking Momo.

 

It took seconds for Dahyun to surrender to slumber, but on the contrary, Momo stayed in that same position for hours, afraid that the younger would wake up if she made the smallest movement. Dahyun’s even breathing on her neck made her hair stand on end, and all her brain could think about was what could have happened if she didn’t have such a big mouth.

 

Eventually, Dahyun’s flowery perfume set her at ease and she fell asleep knowing they would talk about it the following morning, only that morning never came.

 

At first, Momo was not angry, pissed. Pissed at Dahyun for being so inconsiderate she didn’t even eye her twice before getting up the next morning. Pissed at Dahyun because she was living in joyful innocence (or so she thought) and couldn't recall everything they had shared. That much was true, but all that ran around her head was how forgettable she was to Dahyun.

 

--- (present) ---

 

“What the ity is wrong with you?” Chaeyoung pushed her middle finger from her thumb, flicking it on Tzuyu’s forehead before taking a seat next to her.

 

Math was one of the few subjects she didn’t share with Mina (because the latter had picked advanced Math and Chaeyoung picked the easiest) so this gave her the perfect opportunity to ask Tzuyu what she had been dying to know since the previous night.

 

“Auch?! Good morning, it’s always delightful to see you, you .” Tzuyu sighed and let her head fall on the table, cushioned by her own forearms. She knew it was coming the moment she woke up, because of course Sana had told Mina, who told Chaeyoung.

 

“What the hell happened?” Chaeyoung lowered her voice and positioned herself the same way as Tzuyu. “I thought you liked her.”

 

“I do!”

 

“Literally no one thinks you do, so you should definitely find a better way to show it.” She softly combed Tzuyu’s hair out of her neck, trying to comfort her.

 

“I just freaked out and didn’t know what to say. Is it that bad?” Her eyes were shiny with hope, but lying to her would be straight-up mean.

 

“It was- something.” She shortly giggled before a groaning Tzuyu stopped her. “You can fix it, you just have to show her how you really feel.”

 

“God, it was so ing awkward after. Like top ten worst moments of my life bad”

 

“But that was it? You were just nervous?” It’s not that Chaeyoung didn’t believe her friend, but Tzuyu could be quite hard to get to at first.

 

“It’s just- I think she’s more experienced than me. She just walks with so much confidence and I don’t know how to do that. What if I at kissing? God, I’m just so ing embarrassed.” Tzuyu rubbed her eyes to keep herself from falling asleep. She had spent the whole night thinking about her and Sana at the ice cream shop, and just when she was about to fall asleep, the alarm rang.

 

“I understand, but how do you even know that? How do you know she’s more experienced?”

 

“Chaeyoung, just look at her. She has to know things we don’t.” Tzuyu wouldn’t think less of Sana for being ually active, but it did scare her how behind she would be in that department.

 

“First of all, talk about yourself. Second, if you don’t tell her that, she will think you’re not interested! So please take me out of my misery and kiss her already.” Chaeyoung pushed her hair back, thinking about just how cute her Tzu and Sana would look together.

 

“You’re one to talk. You think I haven’t seen you with Mina?” She wiggled her eyebrows and smiled, her eyes getting smaller in the process. Tzuyu knew Mina had a crush on Chaeyoung, not only she’s at hiding it, but the look they had shared when Sana asked her friend out in front of them was all the evidence she needed to confirm her theory.

 

At first, she thought about telling Chaeyoung, it would be what she’d usually do. But Mina was Chaeyoung’s roommate, it was dangerous territory, so she kept it to herself and decided to silently support the girl instead.

 

Chaeyoung didn’t have the best taste in men, that much she knew, but maybe girls could be a completely different story.

 

“Tzuyu, how many times do I have to tell you I’m not into women?”

 

“All I’m saying is that you two have great chemistry and she’s really pretty.”

 

“Well, you’re really pretty too and that doesn’t mean I like you.” Chaeyoung thought her argument was completely valid, but deep down, she knew it was full of . She knew she doesn’t stare at Tzuyu like she does with Mina, she knew that Tzuyu’s perfume doesn’t have the same effect on her as Mina’s, but admitting it would mean having to decipher her feelings and that was something she was not ready to do. At least not yet.

 

“We’ve known each other for way too long for that to happen, it’s completely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter