like this?

fatum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung and Mina spent a couple of minutes in comfortable silence; they just didn’t feel like speaking and were grateful the other felt the same way.

 

The two quickly stood up from their beds when Chaeyoung's mom called them for dinner. Just when she was about to open the door, Chaeyoung abruptly stopped and turned, causing Mina, who was right behind her, to look up in confusion.

 

“I’m sorry if this isn’t what you’re used to.” She looked down to avoid eye contact. Mina didn't want to get ahead of herself and assume, but her roommate seemed embarrassed.

 

It was bewildering for Mina; she had no idea what the younger meant, so she asked, “What do you mean?”

 

Chaeyoung was struggling a lot. Expressing her inner thoughts had always been hard for her, “Uh, I mean that maybe this lifestyle– it isn’t what you’re used to.”

 

Mina chuckled lightly, ' She googled me too. ' Seeing the younger, who was awaiting a reply of some sort, made her react. “Chaeyoung, please don’t worry about stuff like that,” She put her hand on Chaeyoung's shoulder, “being here is really nice, and your family is so sweet. I couldn’t ask for anything more.”

 

Having been thinking about it nonstop since her guest arrived, Chaeyoung breathed a sigh of relief. “Okay. Let's go, my mom's cooking is to die for.” They both smiled happily.

 

The two spent some time with Chaeyoung's family, who asked Mina so many questions to the point she felt she was being questioned for a crime. Although Chaeyoung complained several times to her parents, she silently paid attention to Mina's answers and wrote them down in her head.

 

She learned Mina wasn't an only child like she had initially thought, but because of her and her brother's , she spent most of her teenage years without him being home as he had already moved out. She also learned Mina's parents were doctors, which made her curious about what her house in Japan was like.

 

Mina also mentioned she started doing ballet when she was 6. The younger was surprised at the statement, she was eager to see Mina perform and wondered if she would ever get the opportunity to do so.

 

Once she thought Mina had suffered long enough, she politely rose from her seat and started taking the dishes from the table to the kitchen, signaling dinner time was over. Mina thanked Chaeyoung through a gaze, to which the younger only replied with a dimpled smile.

 

It was Mina's first time seeing Chaeyoung genuinely smile, her dimples made Mina blush because of how much cuter the younger looked with them.

 

Once they finished cleaning the kitchen they excused themselves off to their room; they both seemed exhausted.

 

Mina was about to go into the bathroom to get ready for bed when she turned around. It was the perfect opportunity to spend some time together and get to know her.

 

“Chaeyoung?”

 

“Yeah?” Chaeyoung was sitting on her bed, her hair acting as a curtain as she looked down at her phone.

 

“Do you do skincare?” Mina asked, pointing to a small baby blue toilet bag she was holding.

 

“Not really, it seems a bit complicated.” She chuckled but stared at Mina attentively, trying to understand where she was going.

 

“I can... show you, but only if you want to. I don't want you to feel like you have-” Mina was stuttering, doubt showing on every single word that left . Until she was interrupted by an excited Chaeyoung in front of her.

 

“Sure, I'd love you to teach me.” She showed her dimpled smile once again.

 

They entered the bathroom together and Mina started getting some stuff out of her bag.

 

“You know, you don't have to take your stuff back to the room every time you leave.” Chaeyoung started moving some bottles from one side of the counter to the other. “Why don't you use this side,” she pointed to the now empty space, “and I'll use this one.” she pointed to the opposite.

 

“Thanks. I just don't want to make you feel like I'm invading your privacy.” Mina was feeling shy, or, well, shyer than usual.

 

“You wouldn't be here if I didn't want you to be.” Chaeyoung had never been good at knowing what to say, she hoped that was the right thing. “So, where do we start?”

 

“Right, do you have a headband?” She asked while looking around the bathroom.

 

“Yes, wait here.” Chaeyoung exited the room skipping with joy while humming lyrics to a song the Japanese girl didn't recognize.

 

Mina smiled lightly at the act, it was impossible to feel down around Chaeyoung. ‘She’s so cheerful it’s almost con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter