strange feeling.

fatum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina had just woken up and before opening her eyes she was already thanking God for it being Saturday. She noticed it was a lot earlier than she usually woke up and stayed in bed for a while contemplating whether she should try to sleep more or get her day started.

 

By 8 o’clock she was already up; she wanted to avoid her and Chaeyoung wanting to go to the bathroom at the same time. Mina picked light blue jeans from her drawer and paired them with a tank top and a flannel. Some may say it was too simple, but she was too tired to think of anything better.

 

She was brushing her teeth when suddenly, her phone started ringing. Mina ran to the room as fast (and silently) as she could but it was too late, Chaeyoung had been woken up. The younger was sitting on her bed with disheveled hair, yawning. 'She looks like a tiger,'  Mina thought and lightly smiled.

 

“Sorry for waking you up.” She spoke, covering as she still had her toothbrush in . Sana had called her,  but she would get back to her later.

 

“It’s alright. I should get up anyway.” Chaeyoung seemed in a bad mood, it was evident she hadn’t gotten enough sleep but Mina didn’t want to talk about the younger’s adventure the night before.

 

Mina hummed and went back to the bathroom to finish her business. By the time she was back in the room, Chaeyoung was already dressed and her mood had improved a lot. Still, it was clear she was definitely not a morning person.

 

Mina sat on her bed and played some games on her phone as she had infinite lives for 30 minutes. She couldn’t let an opportunity like this slip.

 

“So, wanna go to a party tonight?” Chaeyoung settled on the edge of her own bed, looking at Mina attentively.

 

“Hmm… Who invited us?” Mina didn’t look up from her phone, she was too immersed in her game.

 

If Mina had to be honest, she wasn’t the type who went to parties often (or ever). It’s not like she didn’t like them, but her parents wouldn't allow her to be in environments like that, arguing it wasn’t a place for a lady. But now that they weren’t around, she could go to at least one to see what they were like, right? It's not like anyone would snitch on her.

 

“No one in specific. Everyone’s invited to the beginning of the school year party.” Chaeyoung was now with her hair falling off the bed as she lied upside down. Mina looked at her, she found the position the younger was in funny.

 

“Is that how it’s called?” Mina chuckled.

 

“Very funny, Myoui. So… Wanna go and have the best time of your life and meet new people or would you rather stay here?” Chaeyoung needed Mina to go, not only because it had been ages since she had been to a party herself, but also because she wanted to see what Mina was like there. Was she a drinker or more of a mom friend type of girl? Chaeyoung was very eager to find out.

 

“Depends. Are my friends going?” She was sure Chaeyoung knew who Sana and Momo were, and she couldn’t go by herself to the party, even if Chaeyoung would be taking her she barely knew the girl. She needed the emotional support of her friends. Especially Momo, who was used to places like that and knew how to deal with her asocial self.

 

“Probably, they’re staying with my friends and my friends are going, so...”

 

“If they go, I’m in.” She was excited even if she wasn’t showing it; it would be her first time and she didn’t know what to expect.

 

“Do you like parties?”

 

“I don’t know, I’ve never been to one.”

 

“Are you a drinker? Don’t lie.” She pointed with her index finger as if she was scolding Mina.

 

“No? I don’t know. How would I know when I’ve never been to a party?” Mina raised her brow.

 

“Touché. I guess I’ll find out tonight.” She offered Mina a crooked smile. “Also, my friend Nayeon is driving us there. It’s not that far but she offered.” She smiled.

 

Mina’s ears perked up at that and she looked up. 'If she’s driving us it means she lives close, could it be?' She cleared and replied with doe eyes as if she hadn’t put all the pieces in her head together, “Who’s Nayeon?”

 

“She’s a close friend, she lives right,” she obliviously pointed out the window to the house across the street, “there.”

 

After asking more questions about the party, they were interrupted by Chaeyoung’s mom, who suddenly texted her.

 

Mom <3 – 11:43

I got a shift last minute.

Left money on the counter in case you don’t feel like cooking.

 

Chaeyoung – 11:45

oki, i'll figure something out

 

Chaeyoung sat back in place because her head was starting to hurt from being upside down. She was nervous again, what would Mina thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter