Trials

Soon We'll Be Found

Third pov 

Mina and Chaeyoung's relationship went well. They became Normal couples at their school and didn't bother what other people would say to them. Chaeyoung and Mina decided to tell their parents what was happening between them and their relationship because they didn't want to hide, especially to their parents. At first, Mina and Chaeyoung's parents were surprised, but as the times went on, they got used to being a lovey-dovey in front of them. They became the Strongest couple to their friends. Even though there are times that they are fighting with a simple matter, or sometimes they are fighting because of misunderstanding or jealousy, they can fix it right away. For example, when Chaeyoung got jealous of Mina's partner on her thesis. 

Flashback 

Third Pov 

"Really, Mina? Flirting with a guy in front of me?" Chaeyoung said while holding Mina's wrist and dragging her outside the library. 

"what the are you saying, Chaeyoung? Is that a flirt to you? We are just talking and laughing. Is that wrong? And I invited you because you said you don't trust him, remember? I let you because I know you don't want to see me to some other guy, but Yugyeom is not like them, okay?" Mina pulls her hand to massage her wrist.

"so you are telling me that It's okay if you are leaning your head in his shoulder while studying? In front of me, Mina? Are you telling me that was not a flirt? You were hugging him and flirting your partner in ing front of me, Mina!" Chaeyoung is really mad right now because she can't believe what Mina is saying. 

"oh my god, Son Chaeyoung! You are so cute when you are jealous" Mina pulled Chaeyoung into a kiss, and Chaeyoung didn't even bother to kiss her back because she was mad. She looked away with an angry face. Mina is just laughing at her. 

"Chaeyoung, Yugyeom, is Gay okay? He has a boyfriend. Can you stop being stupid? Did you forget about what I said last night?" Chaeyoung was shocked. She then recalls and tries to remember what Mina said last night. She forgot because she was tired, drained, and sleepy, so she was not in the right state of mind. 

"Oh " She feels embarrassed right now. She hides her face in her palm. 

"I forgot because I was tired last night" Mina pulled her into a hug and caressed her back. 

"it's okay, Babe, I understand. I know you are on your period too, so I understand." she hugged Mina and felt a terrible girlfriend because she was falsely accusing her girlfriend, and she taught that she hurt Mina by dragging her aggressively. She cried, and Mina noticed it. 

"Are you crying? Why?!" 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you. And hurt you." 

"No, baby, I'm not hurt, okay? I told you I understand, so please stop crying" Mina is trying her best to calm Chaeyoung because they are in the library. 

"still I'm sorry" Chaeyoung pulls the hug and kisses Mina on the lips. 

"I'll go home now. I'll cook for our dinner, and please call me when you are done with your studies so I can fetch you, okay? I love you" by that, Chaeyoung leaves Mina without answering her. Mina is just smiling while watching Chaeyoung disappear in the crowded hall. 

End of flashback

Time flies. Mina and Chaeyoung have already graduated from college and started working. They stayed in the same place because the condominium was a gift from their parents as a graduation gift. Chaeyoung and Mina's parents bought that because they know their daughters will have a future. Everything went well as we expected. Chaeyoung is working as an architect while Mina is handling their company. She's a med student supposed to be a doctor, but their parents are getting older, and her brother doesn't have any interest in business plus, Kai was married and became a celebrity football player. Mina doesn't have an option, so Mina gave up her dream-like Nayeon. On the other side, Chayoung is the one who's so busy in this relationship, and she's working so hard to earn for their future.

Chaeyoung even plans to buy their own house, a car and build her firm. She already plans to marry Mina in the future, so she needs to work hard. Chaeyoung wants the best for Mina, and she doesn't want to ask her parents for help at their wedding. Of course, she's an adult woman who needs to earn money for her own need. Chaeyoung and Mina are different. Well, Mina, even if she's not working, she's rich. Mina doesn't need to give money to her parents or her brother, but Chaeyoung, her family, is expected. Not poor nor rich, but still, she needs to support her brother and give a little amount of money to her parents. That's why she's working hard.

Chaeyoung's pov 

"Chaeng, I'm going to my office. I received an email from one of my employees we have an emergency meeting", Mina said while drying her hair. 

"Okay, babe, are you going home, or you'll sleep in your office again?" I said without looking at her because I was busy sketching a house for my client. 

"I don't know, honey. I'll text you when I'm not going home." 

"You are sleeping in your office often, Mina. It's not healthy. Are you even resting properly?" 

"Babe, you know that being a CEO is not that easy. I'm so stressed, but I don't have a choice. I can't give my position to Kai Oppa. You already know the reason," she sighs. 

"Okay, okay, but I missed you. We didn't even have a proper date or seeing each other these days." At the same time, turning my chair to face her. She positions her hand in her waist and looks at me with her serious face. 

"Chaeyoung, you know we are already adults. We're not the highschooler who always have time to date. We are busy with our work, and one of the reasons why we rarely see each other is because you are working even on your rest day" she rolled her eyes. I get up, and I back hug her while she's picking what she's going to wear... 

"I know. You know the reason why I'm doing this because of our future, right?" I kissed her cheeks. 

"But you don't have to do that. I can help you, you know? Your girlfriend is a CEO, remember?" she faced me and kissed my nose. 

"But Babe, we suppose to help each other remember? Just be patient with me, Mina. I need to work hard and earn the right amount of money for my goal, and then I'll stop working even on my rest day. I'll start my own firm." 

She defeatedly sighs, "all right. I'm sorry," she lowered her head. 

"no, no no shh, don't be sorry. I know it's hard for both of us because you are in your office when I'm home. When you are home, I'm working. I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you soon, okay? Just give me more time, okay? I love you" I kissed her forehead. 

"I love you too, Chaeng." we kissed passionately. We are both feeling burning inside. She pushed me, and I'm now sitting on the bed. She sat on my lap and kissed me again. She takes off her bathrobe, and my hand is now roaming her body. 

I stop and pull the kiss. 

"What's wrong?" She asked 

"You said you have an emergency meeting, honey? Aren't you going to get late?" 

"Oh, , right." I chuckled. Hearing her coursing in her tiny voice is so cute. 

"language, babe," I smiled because I could see her panicking face right now. 

"Okay, now put on your bathrobe and get your clothes. Prepare for your meeting, honey," she nods. 

I was going back to my chair and was starting to sketch again. While I'm sketching, I feel her hands hugging me from behind and whisper something, "I missed your touch. Please don't go to work tomorrow. I really miss you." She bit my ears 

"Okay, okay, now go before I can't stop me from kissing you" we both chuckled. 

"Okay, I love you. Bye," she kissed me. 

"Okay, baby, take care on your way, and please tell your driver to drive safely," I shout because she's already outside of our room. 

"I will!" 

.

.

.

.

I woke up with my alarm. It's already 8 am, and Mina is still not here. I checked my phone to see if there was a message from her. 

"Baby, I'll sleep here. Wait for me there at 9 pm "oh . I quickly get up. 

"Damn it," I cursed because I needed to cook for our breakfast or brunch, whatever. I rushed to the bathroom, took a quick shower, and cooked our breakfast. After that, I waited for Mina on the sofa, and after 20 min I heard a doorbell, probably my girlfriend, soon to be my wife. 

"Hi," she smiles. She looks so tired. 

"Hi, how was your sleep?" I pulled her closer and hugged her 

"I'm so tired. I had 3 hours of sleep. Wait, did you cook for our breakfast?" She walked through our table while checking the dishes that I had cooked 

"Yes, ma'am, let's go eat some breakfast, shall we?" I kissed her cheeks 


"So, how's the company? It looks like you are always in an emergency meeting", I said while chewing my food and looking at her. 

"Well yeah, my schedule is so hectic now, unlike before." 

"You can do it, baby. I know you can do it", I reassured her. 

"Thank you," she smiled. 

While we were eating, my phone rang. 

"Yes, hello? 

Yes. 

I'm on my day off. Why? 

To Busan? 

I have the blueprint already. 

Right now? 

Oh.." I looked at her, and she seemed upset, and she was shaking her head. 

"Okay, boss, I'm on my way," I hung up. 

"Honey-" 

"No, it's fine, go to your work," she's not even looking at me. 

"Baby, I'm sorry you know that-" 

"Yeah, I know. It's been how many years Chaeyoung? 4 years? It's always like this. I'm begging you just for today, Chaeyoung, just for today, and still, you can't say no to your work! Don't ing use the same reason to me, Chaeng. I'm tired of it." She got up, leaving me behind. I followed her into our room because I knew she was furious right now. 

"Mina, I'm sorry. I know you don't want to hear my explanation, but I can't say no to this because... ugh , I'll be here in the afternoon. Please don't be mad". I said while she was changing her clothes. 

"You know what, Chaeng? I don't care. Just go." 

"Mina-" 

"Just ing go!" 

I sighed and prepared for leaving. She's so upset, I know, but I can't ditch that person. That person is the house owner, and I mean our home. I can't tell her the real reason because it's a surprise, of course, damn it. 

When I was done preparing, I saw her reading a book, and I kissed her on her forehead, without looking at me. I peak at her once more, and wow, she really doesn't care if I leave. 

I started my car's engine and drove to what that person gave me his address. I parked my car in front of the black gate saw a big modern house with a large yard because Mina mentioned before that she wants a big yard for our kids. We did a small tour, and while I was looking at the house, I felt so proud of myself. I mean, I earned it for how many years. I go to the garage to check if our new car is already there and there is it. I smiled, and once again, I shed a tear. All of my hard work and sacrifice for not having time with Mina is worth it. Now, all I need is to buy a wedding ring. I'll propose to her on our anniversary, and I'll quit my job to start my own company. 

"Okay, Ms. Son, if you have something to ask, just call me, okay? And congratulation. He said, " I'll take my leave," and gave me the key. 

"Thank you, sir. And sorry before, I can't answer your question in front of her, so yeah," I scratch my name.

I hop into my car and go to the nearest jewelry shop. I'm panicking. I didn't know what I would choose, so I texted Nayeon Unnie and called her. 

"Mother, I don't know what to choose," I am starting to bite my nails. 

"Chaeng, don't be nervous. It's just a ring." She then pauses. "Wait... what? Are you buying a wedding ring? Like now?" 

"yes, mother, now, stop acting like you didn't know, okay. Help me" 

"I know, but you told me before that you need to buy a house and a car first. But okay, okay, I'll help. How about what Mina likes? you know mina so well, so you can pick what she likes". 

"you are not helping me, Unnie. Okay, I'll talk to you later. Love you" 

I have already chosen the simple one. I think Mina will love this? Or no? . 

When I was about to hop in my car, I saw Mina had bought something. Wait? Driving a car? Since when? When did she learn to drive? I told her not to drive because she was too careless. Am I that busy to not even notice that she can drive now? I'm confused because her driver is always fetching her when she's going to her office. 

I followed her, and I was amazed because she drives so well. I just followed her I didn't know where she was going. Maybe in her parent's house? Office or in her friends? I don't know. Suddenly she stopped at this not-so-familiar restaurant. 

"maybe some client?" I said to myself. I stayed in my car and watched her not that far from their table beside the window. 

I decided to wait for her and watch her. They are just eating and talking about business, I guess? She looks so respectful in her office suit. They are smiling and laughing. I'm a little bit jealous right now. "No, Chaeyoung, stop, it's just her client or colleague." so I waited for another 1 hour. When they finished eating, they already got up and bid their Goodbye, I guess? I get out of my car and go to Mina to surprise her. 

Before I go to her, I need to make sure that there is no car before crossing the road. I saw her and called her name, but I stopped in front of them. What did just happened? Wait... Am I dreaming? If this is a dream, please wake me up right now. Please wake me up. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

They kissed. Mina kissed him. 

"Oh , what did I just I saw" before they could see me, I turned around and started walking back to my car. I don't know what to feel. Is she cheating on me? Is Mina cheating on me? Since when? 

". . !" I just stared at my wheel for a while. Suddenly I feel my tears are running down my cheeks. 

"Oh, Mina, why?" I'm sobbing so hard. I can't believe that she's cheating on me. 

Suddenly I remembered that yes, I was too busy. I'm too busy, so Mina finds another person to fill her needs. "I'm sorry, Mina. I'm sorry". 

Third pov 

After 2 hours of crying, Chaeyoug decided to go home. She can't feel anything but pain. When she arrives in front of their door, she knows that Mina is already waiting for her. When she's about to enter the passcode, the door suddenly opens, revealing that Mina is already there waiting for her to come home. 

"Chaeyoung, I'm sorry about what happened earlier. I didn't mean to." 

"Act normal, Chaeyoung," she said to herself. She goes straight to the living room, and Mina holds her wrist. 

"Chaeyoung Baby?" 

"Hmm?" 

"I said, I'm sorry. I just miss you, that's it. I didn't mean to say those words to you" Mina hugged Chaeyoung, and it feels so good, and it hurts at the same time. 

"It's okay" Chaeyoung's voice cracked, and she started to cry. 

"You know how much I love you, Chaeng. I don't want us to fight like this. We rarely see each other, and I don't want to waste our time fighting like this" Mina looked at her and wiped her tears. 

"I'm sorry, please don't cry." 

"I love you too, Mina, and it hurts."

"What do you mean?" 

Chaeyoung is in pain. She's too hurt that she starts to feel Nothing. She can't confront Mina about this because Chaeyoung already told her parents and Mina's parents that she would propose to Mina on their anniversary. And if her parents find out that Mina is cheating, they will hate Mina, and Chaeyoung doesn't want that because Mina is like a daughter to her parents. 

"Nothing. Just do whatever you want. Say whatever you want. If you are tired of all of this, then you can leave me. I'm tired, I want to sleep". 

Then she left Mina in the living room and went to their room. Chaeyoung feels exhausted, suffocating, tired of thinking and crying. She flopped her body to their bed without changing. 

"Just let her be Chaeng. Just go with the flow until you get tired," she said to herself because she didn't know what to do. She closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep. 

Chaeyoung's pov 

I woke up in the middle of the night. I checked my phone, and it was already 3 am. I got up and went to the kitchen to drink water. "why do I feel so thirsty." 

When I was about to sleep again, I saw her phone. Someone is calling but in a silent mode. I checked who's that person, but there's no name. I answered the call, but I'm not going to talk. 

"Hello, Mina? Are you there? I can't sleep," he chuckled. "Oops, don't talk. I just want you to listen to me. I know I know it will perhaps sound cringy, but I'm just thinking of you. It's been a year, huh? I just want to say that I love you so much and thank you for letting me into your life. And.." he paused, "I want you to meet my parents next week. I'll fetch you again in your work, and I'll see you soon, okay? Goodnight, I love you," he hung up. 

I gripped her phone tightly. I want to punch him. No, what if he doesn't know about our relationship. It's not his fault Chaeyoung. It's not his fault.

I put her phone back and decided to go outside. When I was about to leave, I heard her. 

"Where are you going, Chaeng?" While scratching her eyes. 

"I just want some fresh air. Go back to sleep". 

"Chaeng-" 

I left her. Without thinking twice, I left her. It hurts like hell. I can't even look her in the eyes. Is it been a year? How can she kiss me and hug me like she's not cheating on me? Crap, I don't like to think any further because it hurts.

I'm just walking and walking and walking till I got here in front of Nayeon Unnie's house. It's raining, and I don't want Nayeon Unnie to wake her up at this hour, so I stayed here. Still thinking about what happened makes me so numb. I can't even feel the raindrops. Maybe it is not raining anymore. 

"What the are you doing, Chaeyoung?" Oh, there she is, my mother, who never gets tired of believing and supporting me. 

"Hi, mom," I smiled, trying to hide my tears. 

"Mina called me that you left her without saying where you are going! What the hell Chaeng?!" While guiding me to sit down. She gets a towel and starts wiping my hair and my body. 

"I know when you are like this, you will go to my house even if this early in the morning. Tell me what happened? And why you didn't call me or ring the bell? It's raining, for sake, Chaeng, and you will get sick!" 

I can't hold it anymore. I hugged Nayeon Unnie and cried so hard. 

"she--She's cheating on me, Unnie. Mina is cheating on me" I choke while saying those words. I can't stop crying; I just feel empty and in pain. 

"How did you know? Did you catch Mina? Did you tell her?" while caressing my back and trying to calm me down 

"Yes and no, Unnie. Yes, I caught her. Remember when I called you when I was in the jewelry shop? I saw her driving a car and followed her. I saw her with a guy I don't know who he is, Unnie, and that guy called Mina before I got here. He said that it'd been a year since Mina let him in. And no, I didn't tell her. I don't want our parents to find out, Unnie, you know what will happen. Please just keep this between the two of us." I begged. 

"Oh my baby, I'm sorry," she started to cry too. We stayed like that all night. Nayeon Unnie said that I better stay here for a while, and she told Mina that I needed time. Mina is confused because she only knows why I got mad was because of that fight. 

It's been four months since that incident, and I have rarely seen her since that night. I'm going home when she's not in our place. We sometimes text each other asking how our day went just that, Nothing more. I became cold to her and working none stop. Well, she's not complaining, maybe because she has someone else to fill what she needs. She always asks me my problem, but I'm always leaving her without talking to her. We became a stranger, and our friends noticed that we had changed. We act normal in front of our parents. Of course, we don't want them to worry about us. The only person who knows about this is my mother, Nayeon. She told me many times that I needed to tell Mina that I already knew about her affair. But I'm stubborn. I know she doesn't want me to suffer, but I just can't. Not now. I can't handle any emotional scene right now. I feel like I'm going to explode. 

While packing my stuff, I heard the beeping sound of our door. " I know that Mina is already home. When she saw me, I grabbed my things and was ready to leave. 

"Chaeyoung, please let's talk. It's been months, and we are still like this." she's now holding my wrist. 

"what do you want, Mina? I need to go now. I don't want to be late for our meeting," I said In a cold tone. 

"what's your problem? Are you really going to let us like this? I want to fix this, but you are too stubborn. Are you cheating on me?" 

I'm so angry right now. How can she accuse me of her own doing? I need to calm down before I can't control myself. I need to get out of here. 

"really, Mina? Ask that to yourself. Now, please let me go. I need to go to work." 

"Okay fine. Let's end this." she let go of my hand. "I give up. Let's end this" then she went to our room and left me in the living room. 

Without checking her, I left our place and went to the parking lot. My legs are shaking. I am shaking. I feel my legs are getting weak, so I rush to go to my car and start to cry. Why is it so hurt? You are giving up on me that easily Mina? I fought hard, but you are giving up on me that easily? Why? Is it because you have someone else? I just need some time and space but are you really going to end us like this? I got tired once, Mina, and you want to finish that quickly? I am trying so hard to find a reason not to leave you and to stay, and now you will give up just like that? 

"I will let you be, Mina. If that's what you want."