Memories

Soon We'll Be Found

Third pov

Mina goes to the kitchen to prepare their dinner. She planned to cook Chaeyoung's favorite dishes to celebrate Katarina and Chaeyoung's birthday for the three of them. She opens her drawer and grabs the 

Sony Digital Voice Recorder that Chaeyoung's mom gave her 15 years ago. She walks to the kitchen, prepares everything she needs, and cooks. She already knows how to cook all of the recipes into that recorder, but she really wants to hear Chaeyoung's mom's voice. While cooking, she heard a beep sound. She knows that Chaeyoung is already home. She quickly goes to Chaeyoung and hugs her.

"How are you? How's work? You look tired." Mina said while caressing Chaeyoung's hair.

"I'm good. Just a little bit tired, but I'm okay." Chaeyoung kissed Mina's forehead, and she smelled Mina's cooking from the kitchen.

"Are you cooking? It smells so good." She holds Mina's hand and pulls and goes to the kitchen.

"Wow, this is my favorite-"before she could finish her word, she heard something familiar.

"Mina, you need to saute the onion and garlic first, okay? Chaeyoung doesn't like too spicy and salty too." Chaeyoung became weak. She's finding the voice where it came from.

"M-mina, is that mom? Do you hear that? Where is she?"

"Chaeyoung, I'm s-sorry if-"She didn't even have the chance to finish her word when Chaeyoung found the recorder.

"Where did you find this?" Chaeyoung asked. She didn't bother to look at Mina.

"Mom gave that to me 15 years ago, Chaeyoung. She taught me how to cook because she knows that you will miss her food when we go to our college back then and live in the dorm."

"Mina, when you are cooking, make sure that you are wearing your apron, okay? And cook the food with love. * Chaeng's mom chuckled* okay, I'll go now. Jeong hun is annoying me. Tell Chaeyoung that I love her! I love you both, and please take care of each other."

Chaeyoung leans on the table and drops the recorder. She bows her head and starts to cry. Mina hugged Chaeyoung on the side and rubbed her back.

"I thought I already forgot her voice. Mina, I miss her. I miss them." She's choking with her own tears

"I know Chaeyoung. Believe me, I know." Mina is just comforting Chaeyoung because she knows how for Chaeyoung to remember her family.

"we will be going to visit them on Sunday, okay? It's okay to cry, I'm here" she guided Chaeyoung to sit on the sofa, and they stayed for an hour. Chaeyoung fall asleep because of crying.

"Mom, dad, and baby bro, I promise, I'll take care of her." she slowly lay down Chaeyoung's body. She went to her room and got a blanket. She fixed the blanket making sure that's Chaeyoung felt warm. 

"Goodnight, Chaeyoung. Sorry, I can't take away your pain, but I'll be here." She kissed Chaeyoung's forehead and left.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Chaeyoung woke up in the middle of the night and checked her phone. She suddenly feels dizzy.

"n-no no, please!" she was screaming and crying. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

Mina woke up when she heard Chaeyoung's scream. She quickly goes to the living room where Chaeyoung. She saw Chaeyoung sitting on the floor while hugging her knees.

"Chaeyoung, what happened? Are you okay? tell me what happened." Mina said while rubbing Chaeyoung's back.

"Mina, we need to go to the hospital. My family needs me." Chaeyoung faces her with her eyes swelling. Mina was shocked by Chaeyoung's words. She just thought that Chaeyoung had a dream.

"oh, Chaeyoung." She also cried because maybe Chaeyoung is still in the trauma of the past and still haunting her.

"W-we need to go there, Mina. The hospital Called me a while a-ago. They said my family needed me. M-mina, we need to go there." 

"Chaeyoung." She cupped Chaeyung's face. "They are already gone. I know you had a dream about your family, but they are gone, Chaeyoung." 

"No! they are still there!!." Chaeyoung stood up and pulled Mina.

"They are not gone, Mina! They are-"Chaeyoung collapsed, and Mina quickly caught her head so.

"C-chae? Chaeyoung!" Mina doesn't know what to do, and she is panicking right now. Mina finds her phone and calls Nayeon. "Unnie! Please come here faster! Chaeyoung Collapsed, and I didn't know what to do. Please come here!"

"Okay, calm down, Mina. I need you to calm down, and I'll be there."

"o-okay, Unnie, please faster." She hung up and threw her phone. 

Mina lifts Chaeyoung's body and lays down on the sofa. "hang on, Chaeyoung Unnie will be here soon." She then kissed Chaeyoung's head.

After an hour, she heard the doorbell. Mina goes to open the door revealing their friends are already there.

"What happened to Chaeyoung Mina?" the pale girl goes to Chaeyoung and checks her temperature. "she has a fever! Let's get her to the doctor!"

"Really, Mina? Chaeyoung collapsed, and the first thing you will do is to call Nayeon Unnie? You should've called an ambulance!" Tzuyu said while holding her waist.

"Guys, stop blaming Mina." Nayeon said while sitting on the floor. "can you get me a towel with cold water, Jeongyeon?" 

"Okay."

"Okay, guys, calm down. It's Friday, right? Remember when Chaeyoung's family got into the accident? That was Friday, and Chaeyoung's episode remembers that scene every Friday. She always likes this every Friday. Her trauma is messing with her and repeatedly recalling her memories about that day." She then wipes her tear. "she doesn't deserve this, right?."

"Unnie, you've done enough to Chaeyoung. You did well. You stayed, and you didn't fail to be a good friend, sister, and a mother to her." Jihyo said and sat beside Nayeon, patting her head.

"We are here now, Unnie. I know you are having a hard time too. We will get through this. You're not alone." Sana joins them and hugs Nayeon. Their friends joined them and cried as well.

"Mina, what made her trigger her CHaey? She was having an episode rarely like this. She's having an episode once in a month now when she started therapy."

"last night, she heard her mom's voice in my recorder Unnie. I'm sorry."

"it's okay. Give it to Chaeyoung. Trust me, and it will help her."

"Okay, Unnie."

"guys, you can now go. I'll take of this. Mina, you need to sleep. You have work later."

"I'll sleep here, Unnie. I don't have work tomorrow." Tzuyu said.

"me too," Dahyun said.

"I'll take a leave tomorrow," Jihyo said.

"me too," Momo said.

"Mina, I'll sleep now in your room," Sana said while walking away. "Goodnight, guys."

Nayeon just smiled at them. 

"Unnie, why do we just sleepover here tomorrow and have some fun like the old times?" Jihyo said.

"Good idea."

They stayed at Mina's House. They stay because they want to have more time with Nayeon and Chaeyoung, especially with Chaeyoung. Eight years is not a joke for them. They waited for Chaeyoung for eight years even though they were visiting them in America, but it still wasn't enough for them. 

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit."

– Albert Schweitzer