Tears

Soon We'll Be Found

Minas pov 

It's Friday, and I don't have work to do so, I decided to stay in my place...no in our home.. alone since Chaeyoung is not coming here anymore. I miss her, but I don't know what happened to us. I tried to fix Everything, but she pushed me away every time I tried. Yes, I cheated. I cheated on her. I admit it, but it's not like I love that guy, so before Chaeyoung finds out, I end Everything to that guy. I know it was wrong, but I feel so lonely. I feel like Chaeyoung is not the Chaeyoung I knew before. She barely asks how I am. If we have a plan or a date, she will cancel it at the last minute. I know that it is not right to cheat, whatever my explanation is. I Regret Everything. I really want to fix what I've done, and our relationship, but Chaeyoung is stubborn. I decided to let her be, but it's been a year. I feel so lonely in this big room. I miss her so much, but I'm also tired. 


"Hello, mom." 

"is Chaeyoung beside you? Where is she? She's not answering my call!" I suddenly feel nervous 

"What? Y-yes, she's here doing.. uh doing some of her work. Why, mom?" 

"let's talk later. We will go there now." she hung up without saying goodbye? Wow. Oh wait, I need to call Chaeyoung to go here because mom and dad will get suspicious. 

I get up in my bed and go to the kitchen to make some coffee. After that, I go to the living room and sit on my sofa, and the t.v 

... in a car crash involving a U.S. armored vehicle. Police said the crash took place in Bongpyeong Tunnel at 8:00 am." 

Gosh, I am not too fond of this kind of news. I want to relax. I turned off the t.v and thinking of what am I going to do in my free time? Maybe I'll invite the gang later. 

I heard someone is ringing the doorbell. Maybe it's Chaeyoung? She will pick her stuff then leave after. I lazily get up and open the door. 

"Mina! What the are you doing? I can't contact you!" Jihyo is shouting at me. What is wrong with her? 

"oh my God, lower your voice, will ya? I changed my number yesterday. Only my mom knows my new number, but I'll give it to you later. What's with the shouting?" she holds my wrist and pulls me inside, and we sit on the sofa. 

"Mina, please don't go panic." 

"what?" I am confused now, and she looks so nervous? Why 

"Chaeyoung.." 

"Jihyo, just tell me," 

"okay. Chaeyoung is in the hospital right now at Ajou University Hospital. I go here because I thought you already knew and something was bad happening to you. I'm so worried." 

"w-what? What happened to Chaeyoung? No. Let's go. We don't have time to discuss this!" I stood up and went to my room and took my key. I am trying to calm myself right now. 

"Jihyo, what are you doing? let's go!" I saw she didn't even bother to move 

"M-mina... Mina... C-Chaeyoung needs you," she started to cry. 

"I know, so please, Jihyo, get up and let's go! I am worried sick right now" she finally stands up and wipes her tears. When I was about to open the door, she stopped. 

Flashback 

"3 killed, one injured in a crash between U.S armored vehicle private car in South Korea. According to KBS World, three South Korean citizens were killed in a car crash involving a U.S. armored vehicle. Police said the crash took place in Bongpyeong Tunnel at 8:00 am." 

While eating my pancake, suddenly, my phone vibrated, and mom was calling. I excitedly answer the phone. 

"Hello, mom? Where are you?" 

"Hello, Chaeyoung? 

"yes, why?" 

"Is this her Daughter?" 

"uhuh" 

"This is Nurse Bae from Ajou University Hospital. Your family is now in our hospital due to a recent car accident in Bongpyeong Tunnel. Please come here as soon as possible, ma'am Chaeyoung. Your family needs you. Take care on your way." 

"oh, okay." 

This can't be. This can't be. I lost my grip on my phone, and I suddenly felt weak. What did just happened? 

"Chaeyoung? Are you okay? What's wrong?" 

"i- I need to go, Unnie." 

"where are you going?" Nayeon Unnie was holding my wrist and tried to stop me. 

"let me go. I need to go to my family" I stood up, and suddenly I fell because I felt dizzy and my vision now is blurred because of tears. 

"Hey hey hey shhh, calm down. Tell me what happened?" 

"U-Unnie, my family... let's go to Ajou University Hospital, please Unnie, please," I beg Nayeon Unnie. I just want to see my family. I feel like I'm going to collapse. 

"calm down, Chaeyoung. Okay, we will go but let me talk to my driver first so we can go there, okay?" 

I get up, and I'm really dizzy. I don't know what is happening. Please, self not now. My family needs me. You need to get your together, Chaeyoung. I tried to support myself with the chair, and I successfully stood up. 

"Nayeon unnie-" 

"Chaeng!" 

end of flashback

 

"What is wrong with you?" I'm starting to get mad. 


"Mina, please be strong for Chaeyoung and yourself. I want you to be ready and prepared. Mina .. Chaeyoung-" 

"Jihyo! Just please shut up and let's-" 

"Chaeyoung's parents and brother are dead due to the car accident. I'm sorry, Mina. I just saw this on the news before, and I go here straight to check if you are okay." 

What? No. This can't be. 

"What are y-you talking about, Jihyo? Mom, dad, and our little brother are still alive!" 

"Mina, please. Be strong. I know It's hard, but you need to be strong, especially for Chaeyoung. Now give me the key, and I'll drive." 

" no, no-no-no. Jihyo, tell me, this is all a joke? Chaeyoung cant handle this." I kneeled and cried because what did just happened? I can't process all of this. Im thinking about Chaeyoung right now because I know she will never accept this. 

"that's why I told you to be strong, Mina. Please, Mina Chaeyoung needs you. Come on. I'll drive and rest while we are on our way." 

I still can't believe this. God, please give us the strength to handle all of this, especially Chaeyoung. Please, please. 

Chaeyoung, wait for me, honey. Please stay strong. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Third pov 


Chaeyoung, wake up! We are going to get late! her mom said 

She woke up and felt her tears still running down, and she immediately wiped them. She feels heavy in her chest that she cant explain. 

aish, did I sleep too much again? And whats with the weird dream? Thank God its just a dream. And oh, its Friday now. she said because they have a family bonding on Jeju. 

She gets up and washes her body. After preparing herself, she runs down in the kitchen, seeing Nayeon Unnie, her mom, dad, and brother cooking and preparing their Breakfast. 

good morning, family! she happily greeted them and hugged them one by one. 

whats with the mood and hug, sis? Jeonhoon asked 

nothing, just happy, and I miss you guys so much. 

you are still a baby to us, Chaeyoung, so dont be shy telling us that you love us every day, her dad said while putting the plate on the table. 

Yeobo, your daughter is an adult now. She and Mina will get married soon, remember? And dont say that to your daughter in front of Nayeon. She will get embarrassed, her mom said while tasting her cooking. 

Auntie, you know that Chaeyoung is like my daughter too, and she is so spoiled. Sometimes she will sleep in my room because shes scared or sad. 

They are all laughing. 

Okay, guys, enough with the teasing. Can we eat now because Im so hungry and we are late? 

They are all eating now and talking about stuff and life. Chaeyoung went to her room to pick her stuff when they finished eating. She suddenly heard a knock. That person opens the door revealing her mom. 

oh, mom, what are you doing here? Im done preparing. Im just checking my stuff if I packed Everything I need, she said without looking at her mom because shes busy checking her stuff. 

Her mom sat in the corner of her bed, come here for a minute. 

Chaeyoung obeys her mother and sits beside her, and hugs her. 

oh my daughter, you are so beautiful and so strong, her mother said, caressing her hair and hugging her so tight always remember that I love you so much, and dad and your brother. 

Okay, mom, whats up with you? she looks up at her mom. 

what? I cant say that my daughter now? she chuckled. 

I had a nightmare, mom. I dreamt about you, dad and Jeonghoon died because of a car accident. I love you so much, mom. Please, always remember that. Im going home soon, mom. And I have something to tell you... M-mina I- her voice cracked. 

Shhh, you dont need to tell me, dear. I know what happened to you and Mina. Please hear her explanation and decide what you will do next, my daughter. You are always welcome to our home. Its okay. Im here. 

Chaeyoung started to cry so hard and gripped her mothers shirt. 

Everything will be okay, Chaeyoung. You are so strong. You can handle it. When you were still a kid, you told me, mom, Im a strong person who can handle everything, and I believed in you. You can get through this, honey. 

thank you for always believing me, mom, and for supporting me, Chaeyoung cried so hard like a small kid. 

Suddenly she felt another hand hugging her, revealing her dad and brother, and she cried harder. They stayed like that for an hour. 

She looks at her family one by one, and suddenly her vision becomes blurry. She cant move. The background becomes white, and her mom, dad, and brother are walking away while Chaeyoung is helpless because she cant move. 

mom, dad? Jeonghoon where are you going? 

Shes calling her family, but they are just smiling. 

you need to wake up now, Chaeyoung. Please, you need to be strong, her dad said 

noona, dont cry. You are going to get ugly, Jeonghoon said with his finger heart. 

I love you, Chaeyoung, my little sunshine. We are always here watching you, her mom said while smiling, and her family is gradually disappearing in her sight. 

its time to wake up, honey, and please dont blame yourself too much Chaeyoung, we are in a better place now. We love you. 


"yes, Unnie." 

Mina is preparing and convincing herself that she needs to talk to Chaeyoung. She knows that she did something wrong, that is why she can't face Chaeyoung. She feels disgusted with herself. She feels so much guilty. She can't afford to meet Chaeyoung yet because she is one of the reasons why Chaeyoung is hurting. 

"it's all done. Could you bring this to her now? And if she doesn't like to eat, just leave the tray on the table, okay?" 

"yes, Unnie," she picks up the tray and goes upstairs. When she's already in front of the door, she's contemplating whether she will just leave the tray on the table and leave or talk to Chaeyoung. 

"Okay, self, you need to be there for her and win her back. You need to make it up to her. Let's go."