Regrets

Soon We'll Be Found

Chaeyoung's pov 

It's been a year since Mina and I stopped talking. Even if we saw each other at our place, we acted like we didn't see each other. I never sleep in that place again. I'm just going there because I need to change or I need my stuff. I'm living with Nayeon Unnie since that night. I can't take all of my things because our parents are visiting us and it looks suspicious if they see that my stuff is gone. 

It is a sunny day today. I'm standing here on the balcony, and I feel like I want to travel with my family since I have a 3-month vacation. I fetch my phone and call my mom. 

"Mom?" 

"Oh, Chaengie, why?" 

"Uhm, are you free on Friday? Tell Jeong hoon and dad that we will Jeju for a vacation. Maybe four days? Is that okay?" 

"Hmm, Chaeyoung, what happened? Are you okay? I know you so well, my daughter, so please tell me what's bothering you?" 

I want to tell her everything, but not now. Maybe on our vacation, I'll let them know. Oh god, I want to cry, but no, I need to hold it. 

"Nothing, mom. It's been a year since the last time we had a vacation. Please come here on Friday, okay? It's my treat, mom. I love you bye". 

I wipe my tears and look at the sky. "It's been a year, but still, it hurts." 

"Chaeng chaeng? Are you ready?" Unnie said 

"Yes, wait for me." 

Nayeon Unnie and I planned to go to a grocery store because of our vacation. We bought some food and everything we needed on Friday, and yes, Nayeon Unnie will join us since she's my second mother. After we had bought everything we needed, we decided to eat lunch at the nearest restaurant. 

"are you that excited, baby Chaeng? You are smiling all day, and it's been a while since the last time I saw you smiling as that Nayeon Unnie looked at me while smiling. 

"of course, Unnie, we have a family bonding on Friday. I miss my family so much. I want to spend my whole vacation break to them and with you, Unnie," I winked at her. 

"you are really so cute. You got that from me." 

After eating, we went to a mall to buy some hiking stuff and everything we needed on Friday. 

"guess who's excited on Friday." I smirk at her "Unnie, and we should stop buying, you know? Are you that excited." 

She hit my head 

"ouch! Unnie, why did you hit my head?" 

"shut up and help me here, kid." 

"ahhh! This Unnie really" 

We spend our day buying the things we need, and we are so tired. We decided not to eat dinner and sleep early. I flopped my body in my bed. "what a day. See you soon, my beloved fam" I close my eyes. 

"goodnight, self." 

 

I woke up because of my alarm. I check my phone. 

"FRIDAY!" I shout 

I get up from my bed, go to the bathroom, and wash my face. I brush my teeth while humming Feels Special By Twice. After that, I go to Nayeon Unnie's room. I hug her and make her arm as my pillow. 


"Unnie, wake up. My parents will be here at 10 am, and we have a flight at 3 pm, remember." I whisper to her ears 


She hugged me, and she's trying to sleep again. 

"yah Unnie! Wake up, and hello? I can't breathe." 


"Chaeyoung baby, it's only 5 am. Too early to wake up Chaeyoung. Let's sleep again. I would not say I like to sleep on the airplane, and I know you don't like it too so, stop blabbering and sleep. I already set my alarm to 7 am, so don't worry," she closed her eyes again and tried to sleep. 


"Okay, Unnie." I close my eyes and try to sleep too 

 

"Chaeyoung, wake up! It's already 9 am. Get up and take a bath! Your parents and your brother will be here soon!" I flopped my body into the floor because of Nayeon Unnie's loud voice. And what? Is it already 9 am? 

"Unnie, why you didn't wake me up at 7 am!" 

"excuse me? I did wake you up, and I don't know how many times you are still sleeping. Now, get your in the bathroom and prepare. I'll cook our lunch before we go to the airport." 

I get up and rush myself into the bathroom. After I took a bath, I prepared my things and stuff. Suddenly I hear my tummy growling, "oh... I'm hungry. Thank God I'm done preparing." 

I run down to the kitchen and look for Nayeon Unnie. There she is preparing our food. 

"oh, Chaeyoung, you are here. Eat this pancake. I know you are hungry because we didn't eat breakfast. Eat a light meal so you can eat later with your fam" she is serving me a pancake with a strawberry on top of it. 

"you are the best mother," I widely smiled, and she patted my head. Naeyon Unnie is watching the news; what a boring woman she is. 

While eating my pancake, my phone vibrated, and mom was calling. I excitedly answer the phone. 

"Hello, mom? Where are you?" 

"Hello, Chaeyoung? 

"yes, why?" 

"uhuh" 

"oh, okay." 

After that call, I get up, and I'm really dizzy. I don't know what is happening. Please, self not now. Please not now. My family needs me. We have a plan today, so please, you need to get your together, Chaeyoung. I tried to support myself with the chair, and I successfully stood up. 

"Nayeon unnie-" 

.

 

"Chaeng!"