Lettin go

Soon We'll Be Found

Okay, self, you need to win her back. You need to make it up to her. Lets go. 

She knocked at the door and turned the knob, "Chaeyoungieh?" She peaked and saw Chaeyoung standing on the balcony. She put the tray on the table and went to her. She looks at Chaeyoung, who is busy watching the sky. 

"They are now in a better place, right?"she was surprised that Chaeyoung speaks first.

"Yes. Mom, dad, and Jeonghoon are safe now, Chaeng." she saw Chaeyoungs tears running down her cheeks, and Mina wiped them. She pulls Chaeyoung into a hug. A hug that Chaeyoung needs the most. Even if Chaeyoung already knows the truth, she never hated Mina. She blamed herself for being busy and not finding a way to have time for Mina. She understands Mina even if its hurt. She still loves her. Her undying love for Mina never fades. But now, Chaeyoung blames herself more because she didnt notice that she was busy planning a future with Mina, but her family is longing for her. She is blaming herself for that. She had many regrets. If a time machine is real, she wants to go back to the time shes earning money for their future and focus on her family instead. 

"i'm sorry, Chaeyoung. I know this is not the time, but-" 

"I already know the truth, Mina. I found out a year ago. And please dont be." Chaeyoung hugged Mina tight, and Mina was crying so hard. Shes sobbing so hard because she just discovered that Chaeyoung already knows, but she didnt get mad at her. She imagines how Chaeyoung suffered. 

"that day when we fought, I told you that I was going to work, but the truth was, I was buying a house for us. I finally reached my goal, Mina. I was planning to propose to you, and our parents knew that." Chaeyoung chuckled. Mina is still crying so hard and gripping Chaeyoungs shirt. "I went to a jewelry shop to buy our wedding and engagement ring, then I saw you. I was shocked because you drive well, Mina" she chuckled again. "so I followed you to that fancy restaurant. At first, I thought that that guy was just your client, but her voice cracked when you guys were about to leave, I was planning to surprise you, but you kissed him in front of me." Chaeyoung finally cried. 

"I'm sorry, Chaeyoung. Please forgive me."

"Shhh, Its okay, Mina. I understand. I never hated you. I was blaming myself."

"no, no, no, please don't, Chaeyoung. This is all my fault."

"Mina, I already forgive you. I still love you so much. Since the first time we met, I still love you," Chaeyoung said while crying and hugging Mina. She then kissed Minas forehead. 

"I love you too, Chaeyoung. I know I hurt you so bad, but please lets start again. Ill make it up to you." Mina begged. 

"Mina, Im sorry, but everything that happened now, Chaeyoung paused. I think I cant handle any of it. I need to fix myself, Mina. I want to forget the pain, and you are one of them." Chaeyoung pulls the hug and looks at Mina. She wiped Minas tears and tucked her hair. 

"I am going to die, Mina, if I'm not going to choose myself and to forget the pain. I need to fight. I can't face you while I'm fixing myself because you will remind me of that pain. 

Mina is just silent. She doesnt know what to say because she's scared to lose Chaeyoung. She doesnt want to lose Chaeyoung. Not now. 

I will tell Nayeon Unnie that Ill leave this country and be back when Im already better. 

w-what? No Chaeyoung, please dont leave me please I dont want to lose you! she hugs Chaeyoungs neck and shakes her head.

You will lose me forever if I stay here, Mina. I need to fight and live. Ill try my very best to live. And please, while Im away, dont wait for me. You are free to love someone else, Mina. 

no, dont please, Im begging you. I love you so much, and Ill wait for you. Take all the time and space you need, but please let me wait for you! 

I dont know what to say anymore, Mina. I already told you what I need to say she held Minas arm and lost her hug. Chaeyoung cupped Minas face and kissed her on the lips. Its not just a kiss. It is a long farewell kiss. They both closed their eyes and tasted each other's tears that were running down. 

Stay safe and healthy, Mina. Goodbye." Chaeyoung let go of her hand and left her on the balcony. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Mina was just crying and crying the whole night. When she wakes up, Nayeon tells her to stop chasing Chaeyoung for a while because they will both hurt each other. Mina can't do anything because she wants Chaeyoung to be better. She is selfish enough back then, so this is when she needs to let Chaeyoung chase her happiness and peace of mind. Mina finally accepts the reality that Chaeyoung is leaving her, her worst nightmare. 

Chaeyoung's pov 

Every day is like winter to me. I feel so cold inside, even if it's hot outside. There is always what I want and need. I feel incomplete, and I'll be incomplete forever. I don't want to live anymore. I want to join my family in heaven because I know they are already waiting for me, but my other self told me that I need to hang in here for a while. I need to be strong and live my life to the fullest, so my family will be proud of me. I'm trying so hard, even if sometimes I can't. I'm eating because they want me to. Because they don't want me to starve. I'm living because they want me to. I saw their effort to support and cheer me up, so I'm trying for the sake of them, especially to my Nayeon Unnie. 

"oh, Chaeyoung, you are already awake. How are you feeling?" Nayeon Unnie said while coming to my bed and sitting beside me. 

"hmmm, better?" lie Chaeyoung. 

"do you want to go outside? You didn't get out to this room for a month, Chaeng. Dont you miss going outside?" 

"Unnie," I sigh. I want to remind her that I'm ready to leave Korea now. "I'm ready to go now, Unnie. I want to live in America." 

"Chaeyoung, you know that I can't let you live alone. I'm coming with you even if you don't want to." 

"but Unnie, how about your work here? Your companies?" 

"I already told this to Jihyo and Jeongyeon. I assigned them to my companies since they volunteered too. So let's live in America together, okay?" Nayeon Unnie smiled at me. She is really like my mother. I know that she's trying too, but I know she's tired of helping me. 

"Okay, Unnie. Thank you for being there for me always." 

"I already gathered all of our papers and Visa. We just need to book a plane flight. When do you want to leave?" 

"on Thursday, Unnie. I don't like Fridays here." I don't like Fridays anymore. I am always crying in the morning because I think mom is calling me again, and that nurse is repeatedly telling me that my family needs me. 

"okay. We still have two days to pack. And don't worry, I have already told Mina's parents that we will live in America and get back when you are ready. I also told my parents since they are in new york too." 

"thank you, Unnie. I'm still sleepy. Let me sleep again." 

"Okay, okay," she kissed my forehead before she left. I hope there is a new life in America. I'm hoping that living there can ease my pain. 

"Mom, dad Jeonghoon.. I'll try my best to live my life, so please give me strength and tell Lord God that I need more strength. I miss you guys, and please visit me in my dream." 

 

Mina's pov 

Since that night, I can't eat or even sleep properly. I lost her. I lost Chaeyoung. I want to visit her every day, but my friends told me that It's not a good idea, so they need to tell me and update me on what is happening to her. It's hard because I can't do anything but watch her from afar. 

"oh my god, Mina. Don't tell me that you are still not taking a bath? And eating?" Jihyo said. She knows our passcode in our place since she always visits me here. 

"Mina? Are you trying to kill yourself? Get up, wash your body, and let's eat." she left me in my room. Jihyo is the one who's taking care of me because my other friends are busy taking care of Chaeyoung, but sometimes they visit me and tell me to be strong and understand Chaeyoung. 

After taking a bath, I went straight to the kitchen and sat while waiting for the food. 

"thank you, Jihyo." 

"what for? I'm your best friend, don't you dare say that" we both smiled. 

We were eating peacefully, and her phone interrupted our breakfast. 

"Hello, Jeongyeon? 

Yes? I'm here in Mina's place. Why? 

Oh, okay, I'll be there before they leave. Okay bye" 

"what happened?" I'm curious who is leaving 

"We need to drop Nayeon Unnie and Chaeyoung at the airport. Today is their flight to America." I feel like I'm going to throw up. Reality hits me that Chaeyoung is leaving me. 

"c-can I see her just for today, Jihyo." Im so desperate to see her right now. Ill do anything just to see her. 

"Sorry, Mina, but Chaeyoung is not in a good state right now. And you know the reason, so please, Mina" I can't hold my tears anymore. 

"Chaeyoung is really leaving me, huh? Of course. I don't deserve her because I hurt her so bad." I know it sounds selfish, but this is what I feel 

"Mina, stop. I know you are both hurt. This is not the right time." I know she only wants the best for us, but I really want to see Chaeyoung. 

"Can I at least see her from afar? I'm not going to chase her. I promise, Jihyo. I just want to see her before she moves to America." 

"Mina-" 

"I'm begging you, please! I know she will forget me and bury our memories in the past, so, please. Please," she sighs and stares at me for how many minutes. 

"okay. But promise me that you will help yourself too to get better after that. You need to start a new life, Mina. You have a life, too." she comes closer to me and hugs me. "I know that you are suffering too. That's why I'm doing this because you and Chaeyoung are like my younger sisters," I heard a sob, "please, you need to let go of Chaeyoung for now and start a new life." 

"I love her so much, Jihyo. I know what I did was wrong. I cheated on her, but she's my life, Jihyo-yah. I can't let her go. I will let her be for now, but I'll wait." 

.

.

.

.

Jihyo dropped me first at the airport so I could hide somewhere. She said that this was stupid, but this was the only thing I could do for now. My phone vibrated, and I think it was Jihyo because she said she would send a message to me if they were already here. 

"Mina, we are already here. Please don't do anything stupid, okay? Don't make a scene." 

After that, I went to the place that she told me about. While walking in the crowded area, finding where they were, I saw Chaeyoung. She looks so thin and sick. Her bubbly face changed into an emotionless one. I saw her hugging them one by one, which was so unfair to me. I should be the one who's comforting you, Chaeyoung. I should be the one who's taking care of you, but I can't do anything.

When she takes off her mask, I didn't expect it. 

"Chaeyoung oh baby, please take care of yourself. You look so pale," I cried so hard. I can't take it anymore. "are you eating on time? Why do you look so pale? Do you still drink your vitamins?" I don't know why I'm walking closer to them, but I want to hug her. I saw Nayeon Unnie tell them that they need to go now. No, I need to embrace her for one last time. I ran to them, but they were so far. I think I can't make it. I ran so hard and bumped into the people who were walking around me. 

"Chaeyoung!" I shout so hard, but there are many people, and my voice is not loud enough because of crying 

"C-Chaeyoung, please come back!" I tried and tried, but Chaeyoung didn't even look back. They have already entered the entrance. They disappeared. I didnt make it. Why? Why do I need to feel this kind of pain? Why! 

"I'm sorry, Chaeyoung. Please come back," I kneel and cry. I don't care about the people around me. I feel so much pain right now. I'm now hitting my chest to ease the pain, but I can't. 

"Mina!" Jihyo already found me 

"Mina, I told you not to do anything stupid!" 

"I just want to hug her, Jihyo. I just want to tell her that I love her so much," she hugged me and guided me to stand up. 

"I know, but Chaeyoung is not the Chaeyoung we knew anymore, Mina. She needs to find herself to live with no pain in her life. She needs to start a new life, so are you" I don't know what to say. I just want to cry and cry. Jihyo guided me until we reached the exit. 

"You are really stupid, Mina. How many times do we have to tell you that if you can't do this for her own sake, at least do this for your own!" 

"Stop it, Momo." 

"Why? Why would I stop Sana? My two friends are suffering! They are suffering, and I can't do anything! C-Chaeyoung she's in pain. But I can't do anything" I cried so hard when I heard it from Momo. I know not only Momo is like this but all of our friends. 

"I wish I could take away their pain. If only I could take away their pain, I would have done it by now. But even if I can, I know that I couldn't take away much of their pain." I saw Sana turning her back on us. She is crying. I'm so selfish because I'm only thinking about myself. I didn't know that they were also suffering and having difficulty taking care of Chaeyoung. 

"Momo, I know how you feel, but we need to be strong for now. Stop crying and help me with Mina. Jeongyeon is waiting." 

We are all not talking while we are on our way home. Jihyo told me that they are staying at our place for a night and leaving in the morning because they are already tired, but I know they just want to check me because Im not feeling well. 

When we arrived at our place, I went straight to my room and flopped my body. I suddenly smell her perfume. I dont have the energy to cry, but I miss her. I hugged her pillow and cried. 

Chaeyoung, I will wait for you. I will wait for you even if Its too long. Ill wait for you to 

come back. 


Flashback 

Chaeyoungs pov 

We arrive at the airport, Nayeon Unnie and I are ready to leave. When we were already done saying goodbye to our friends, I saw Mina walking to get closer to us, but I ignored her. 

Lets go now, Unnie I hold Nayeon Unnies wrist, and we are walking in a rush now. 

Chaeyoung! I heard her calling me. Mina, please dont do this to yourself. 

is that- 

Unnie, dont look back. Yes, its Mina. she nods. 

C-Chaeyoung, please come back! I closed my eyes because I wanted to look back and go to her and hug her, but I couldnt. I need to choose myself just this once. 

We are already here at the entrance, but I need to check if someone is helping her. I need to make sure before I leave. 

Unnie wait I peak at the place where she is and see her crying on the floor. 

Im sorry, Mina I started to cry because it hurts. I dont want to leave her, but I dont know how to fix myself if I stay here knowing that she is one of the reasons why Im in pain, and she will just remind me of the past I love you and Goodbye Minari. 

end of flashback

Chaeyoungs Pov TW 

America is good so far. We have been staying here for almost a year now, but as others say, time is mysterious and unpredictable. Some nights, its hard for me to sleep, and thats just the dark side of me. I thought I was already okay, but I will never be. Whenever I see a family in a restaurant or in a place where I am, I will suddenly cry. I cant handle it, and Im sick of this. I want to see them so bad. I fetch my phone and type something. 

September 23. Suicide 

Im tired. I know Nayeon Unnie is also tired, but shes showing that shes not because she wants me to live, but I dont like that anymore. She needs to live and have a family, not taking care of me forever. I just want to see them. I really want to see them. 

September 23, after Nayeon Unnies birthday after Nayeons birthday, Im ready to go. 

Thursday night, I cooked and prepared a surprise dinner for Nayeon Unnie. I need to make sure that this is the best birthday she will ever have, and this is the last time that I will celebrate her birthday with her. I know this may sound selfish, but I need to go. They need to let me go. Seeing them wasting their time helping me makes me want to kill myself more. I dont like to see them canceling their own schedule or taking aside their most important plan just to take care of me. I want them to have a life. 

When I was done preparing my surprise for Nayeon Unnie, I organized my text and messages every year. I scheduled a massage for her every day like she needed to eat on time. While I was typing, I heard a beeping sound, and it looked like Nayeon Unnie was already there. 

"happy birthday!" while I'm handling a cake and there is a letter that says 'Happy Birthday, mother.' 

"oh my god, you surprised me," She said while holding her chest. "thank you, and what's with the lights off?" she noticed no and checked our surroundings. 

"ah, Unnie, we have a date now. Mother and daughter date. I never cooked for you, so I cooked for us now. You are always taking care of me so, and I'll take care of you even just for today." I said while smiling at her. 

"Chaeyoung, you don't need to do that. You know that you are like my real daughter, and I love you so much," she said while caressing my hair. I almost cry, but I force myself not to because this is her day and this is the last day that she will celebrate her birthday with me, 

"Okay, okay enough with the drama, let's eat." 

I guided her to our table and presented my dishes to her. She looked so surprised because this was the first time that I cooked. When we are starting to eat, I just look at her to look at her reaction if my dishes taste good or not? And she is nodding and telling me that my dishes are good. So I'm happy now and satisfied. 

"Unnie, thank you for everything," I said to her and looked into her eyes. 

"what's with the clinginess Chaeyoung?" she said while chewing her food. 

"nothing I just... I'm just thankful that you are here with me. I love you so much, Unnie, and you know that," forcing myself not to cry. 

"I love you too, baby cub. Thank you for this date. I really love this kind of vibe, and seeing you smiling is already enough for me" she suddenly hold my hands "remember that I will never get tired of you, okay? Unnie will never leave you" she smiles and continues digging her food. 

After that, she said that she was full now and needed to go to sleep early because she has work tomorrow, so I decided to prepare myself too, but I wrote a letter to her before I went to sleep because tomorrow is the day I will leave this place. 

When I woke up, I checked Nayeon Unnie's room to see if she had already left or not. When she was already gone, I prepared the Rope and arranged my letters to them. 

"This is it, Chaeng," I said to myself. I stand in the chair and hold the Rope guiding to my neck. "see you soon, my beloved fam" I close my eyes and jump. 


Nayeon's pov 

I checked Chaeyoung's room to see if she was still sleeping, and yes, she was. I go down and prepare her breakfast, so she has something to eat when she wakes up. After preparing her breakfast and lunch, I organized my stuff and was ready to leave because I had work. I did light makeup since I'm not a fan of makeup. While I was doing it, my driver called me, that he was already here in front of my house waiting for me. So I rush to go down because damn, I'm so late. 

"good morning, ma'am," my driver said and opened the door for me. 

"good morning," I said and hopped in. While on or way to my office, one of my employees message me 

"Ms. Im, I just want to remind you that we have a meeting at 10 am." 

"oh ." I cursed because I had forgotten my documents. "Mr. Lee, can we go back to my house? I forgot something." 

"Okay, Ms. Im." 

When we arrive home, I rush into my room and pick up my documents. Suddenly I heard a loud thud sound. 

"what's that?" I heard it, I think, from Chaeyoung's room. "maybe she already wakes up, but what is she doing?" I go to her room to check if she's already awake. 

"Chaeyoung?" I knocked, but no one answered. Again, I heard a loud thud in her room, so I slightly opened her door and was surprised at what I was seeing right now. 

"Son Chaeyoung!" I ran to her because she couldn't breathe. She's choking to death. Chaeyoung is trying to hang herself, so I run to her and try to Cut the Rope. I'm lucky because there are scissors at her desk. I quickly grab the scissor and cut the Rope because her lips are already purple. Im struggling to Cut the Rope, so I need to give all my strength.

"Chaeyoung! What are you doing? What the are you doing!" she's coughing and gaining some air that she lost. 

"U-Unnie, why did you save me? Please let me die. Let me go!" trying to grab the Rope again, I hold both of her hands and hug her. 

"Chaeyoung, please don't do this, please don't leave me," I cried while hugging her. I don't know what I will do if I lose Chaeyoung. 

"Chaeoyung baby, please, I don't know how to live without you. Don't do this. Please, you are one of the reasons why I want to live." 

"Unnie, I don't wanna live anymore. I'm so tired I want to rest and see my family!" 

"no, please, no! How about me? How can I live without you, Chaeng? Isn't it so unfair to me? I used to live my life with you! I can't lose you, Chaeyoung! I can't live without you, so please, please don't do this to me" I'm crying so hard because I really can't lose her. Chaeyoung is my life now and happiness, and I will never forgive myself if I let her die like this. 

"Chaeng baby, please don't leave me here. Please, you are my life now, Chaeyoung, please. Unnie will never leave you. I promised you that, so please promise me too that you will never leave me! I will die, Chaeyoung. I will die if you kill yourself!" I just want her to know what she means to me. 

Please, Im begging you, Chaeng. Dont do this to me. Please dont leave me. I used to live my life with you, Chaeyoung. I cant imagine if you leave me, how about me? I used to take care of you every day, and you want to leave me just like that? How can I eat every morning without you? Whom will I cook every morning? Who is going to eat my pancake every morning, huh? When Im going home, I check your room, and if you die, I cannot handle it, Chaeng. I cannot. 

I feel that she is now hugging me and kissing my forehead. 

"shhh, Unnie, don't say that. I'm not going to leave you. I'm sorry. I am sorry," she cried and hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry, Unnie. I'm so sorry. I promised I would never leave you. I don't know what I was thinking and why I did that, but I promised I will never leave you. Sorry Unnie, please stop crying now." 

Chaeyoung's pov 

Nayeon Unnie is crying so hard. I'm so selfish. I didn't think of Nayeon Unnie's feelings and all of her sacrifices because of me. 

"don't you dare, Chaeyoung? Please don't do that again, please" she was sobbing so hard. 

"I'm sorry, Unnie. I will never do that again," she loses her energy from crying. 

It's been 3 hours since we were sitting on the floor, and Nayeon Unnie is already sleeping. I carry her in a bridal position and put her on my bed. When I'm about to leave, she grabs my hand. 

"Chaeyoung, please stay here. Don't leave me." she is starting to cry again. I lay down beside her and hugged her. 

"Unnie, I promised you, remember? Don't worry. I will not go anywhere. Let's go to sleep." 

We fell asleep together. When I woke up, I cleaned everything and threw it into the trashcan. I prepared dinner and decided to wake her up. I sat beside her and heard her saying something, but I couldnt understand. I saw her crying again, so I woke her up. 

Unnie, wake up. Its just a dream. 

dont leave me, Chaeyoung. I cant. I-I 

Shhh, stop crying. Im not leaving you, okay? I tried to calm her down, but she was still crying, so I hugged her and fell asleep again. Maybe she was exhausted, and for the first time in 1 year, she never cried in front of me just now. She always looks so tough because she doesnt want me to worry about her. 

I fixed the blanket and tucked her hair. 

"Chaeng, please live for Nayeon Unnie. She needs you."