Katarina

Soon We'll Be Found

Third pov

After that call, Mina can't face Chaeyoung without her awkwardness, but she won't have any choice because today is a special day for Katarina, and Chaeyoung was the one who planned this for Katarina. 

Mina woke up with the sound of her alarm. She grabs her phone and checks if Chaeyoung is already awake. Then, she sits on her bed and ties her hair. 

"Son Chaeyoung, you should be awake by now, or I'll kill you later," Mina said while scrolling to her phone and searching for Chaeyoung's name. 

"Chaeyoung, wake up! It's already 4 am, and we should get ready for 7 am because we have a plane to catch!" Chaeyoung is not answering.

"SON ING CHAEYOUNG, I SWEAR TO G-"Mina was shocked when someone grabbed her phone. She can't see who that person is because It's so dark and she just woke up. She suddenly feels a hand that is now roaming around her waist.

"Mina, why are you so loud in this early morning? Why are you always shouting when waking me up. Just sleep, okay?" Chaeyoung is now hugging her, and Mina is caught off guard. 

"h-how did you get here? I mean, why are you here?" Mina is still processing what just happened, and she's thinking about how Chaeyoung got inside their house.

"what kind of question is that, Minari?" Chaeyoung said and changed her position. Her head is now lying on Mina's thigh. "did you forget that I woke you up before sleeping here? Plus, I prepared everything we needed. I didn't sleep because I was busy preparing, so please let me- *yawning* sleep." 

"How did you get inside Chaeng? You don't have the spare key. You don't even know the pass-"oh , Mina, she told herself. 

"oh, come on, Minari. We both know that you can't change your password. You always use our birthday because you always forget if you have a new password. 324423. Now, can you let me go back to sleep? You don't need to worry about our stupid friends because I already told them to come here at 5 am." Chaeyoung goes back to her position and faces the other side of the bed. "wake me up later. I need to sleep for an hour or 2 hours."

Mina can't believe that she slept with Chaeyoung beside her. She gets up and goes to the kitchen to drink some water. She checked Katarina and prepared to pack the clothes that they needed.

Flashback

Chaeyoung is busy preparing for Katarina's birthday. She also went to the resort for Katarina's birthday celebration because Katarina wanted a beach theme for her day. She also checked the venue and the food. She is supposed to do this with Mina, but she doesn't want Mina to get tired on her Daughter's birthday.

"Okay, guys, thank you for your help. You guys can go home now. Thank you again." Chaeyoung told the staff. She rubbed her nape and stretched her head because she was tired. Then, she goes to the parking lot and fetches her phone to check what time it is. 

"oh, it's already 2 am." She cratches her eyes and opens her Nayeon Unnie's message.' Chaeng, I have work in my office that I need to finish to enjoy tomorrow. I'm not going home so, and please behave. Love you :*.'

"I don't like to sleep alone." *sighs* "should I sleep in our house or I'll sleep in Dahyun's? hmmm" she stares at her car's roof for a second. "okay, I'll sleep in Mina's house. Final answer."

She drove to Mina's house and stayed in her car for a while. Then, she hesitates to go there because she doesn't know if it's okay with Mina, and there is another problem: she doesn't know the passcode.

"come on, Chaeyoung, you don't have time to go to Dahyun's house or our house." She can't decide whether she will push the doorbell or stay outside. "arghhhh! I don't want to wake her up." She lean front of the door and suddenly she remembers something. She tried to guess the passcode. *door unlocked* Chaeyoung was surprised when her guess was correct.

"Mina didn't change. She is still stupid and uses this passcode." She chuckled and went inside.

She goes to the living room, lazily takes off her shoes, and lies down on the sofa. She's staring at the ceiling and realizes this is not her house. 

"I still can't sleep. What the hell." 

She stands up and goes to Mina's room to check if Mina is awake. She slowly opens the door and peeks, and she sees Mina is sleeping peacefully. Chaeyoung walks closer to Mina and sits on the floor. She is not aware of what is she's doing because she's been awake for 24 hours now. She is just staring at Mina's face.

"after all these years, Mina, you are still the same." She tucked Mina's hair and rubbed her cheeks.

Suddenly, Mina opens her eyes, and she quickly pulls her hand.

"Did you just get here?" Mina asked.

"y-yes." She doesn't know what to do because Mina caught her staring at her.

"Did you already eat dinner? Do you want me to cook for you?" 

"no, no no just sleep. I have already eaten, and I'm tired. I need to rest."

"Okay." Chaeyoung was startled when Mina pulled her head and kissed her. "change before you go to sleep, okay? Go." And after that, Mina closed her eyes. Chaeyoung was shocked by Mina's action. She's confused about what is happening and why Mina kissed her.

End of flashback

It's now 6 am, so she decided to their breakfast. She prepared not that fancy breakfast but a bowl of simple fried rice, omelet, and bacon. After that, she wakes up Katarina and then goes to her room to wake up Chaeyoung. Before she wakes up Chaeyoung, she leans and kisses Chaeyoung's forehead.

"Chaeng, wake up." she lightly shakes Chaeyoung's body. 

Chaeyoung groans and stretches her body. "I'm still sleepy, Minari."

"I know, but you need to get up because it's Katarina's birthday, remember?"

After hearing that, Chaeyoung gets up aggressively. She almost forgot that it's Katarina's birthday because she was tired and lack of sleep.

"What time is it? I need to go to Nayeon Unnie's house and Change. I'll fetch you later, okay?" 

"Chaeng, wait!" Mina holds her wrist. "hey, calm down. Just eat breakfast first, okay? and I already bought our summer costume yesterday, so just wear that."

"Ah, really." She sat on the bed while holding her head.

"Sorry, Mina, I slept here just.." she paused. "I don't like to sleep alone in our house, plus I'm too tired to drive there, and your house is near than mine.

"it's okay. Do you have a headache? Let's eat breakfast and drink medicine." Mina is about to stand up, but Chaeyoung holds her hand.

"Hug me first." She looks at Chaeyoung, smiling at her. "I miss your morning hug."

Mina smiles and guides Chaeyoung to stand up. She hugged Chaeyoung's waist and rubbed her back. "okay, now let's eat breakfast." 

They both go to the kitchen, and Katarina is already there. Chaeyoung and Mina sat in the opposite position.

"Goodmorning, princess." Chaeyoung kissed Katarina's forehead.

"Goodmorning, mama Chaeyoung. Did you sleep in Mom's room?" Mina got choked on her coffee, and Chaeyoung is panicking.

"N-no, I slept on the couch." Then she drinks water.

"Mama, lying is bad. I saw the both of you cuddling each other when I woke up."

Chaeyoung looked at Mina, and she saw Mina is blushing so hard. 

"Uhm." Mina fake cough. "okay, baby enough. are you done eating now?"

"yes, mom."

"Okay, then go to your room now and change your clothes, okay?"

"Okay, mommyyyyy."

Mina then sighs. She looks at Chayeoung, who's digging up her food. "did we really cuddle last night?" Mina asked

"Yeah. You can't remember?" She didn't bother to look at Mina because she was busy eating her food.

"oh god."

"stop pretending you didn't like it, Mina." Chaeyoung smirk. She wants to tease Mina so badly at this moment.

"Can you not Chaeng? Katarina saw us." Mina and her legendary eye roll.

"So? We are best friends. Bestfriend can do that. And I'm the one who supposed to feel harassed because you kissed me last night."

"w-what are you saying. Shut up. I didn't kiss you. You story maker." 

"Stop blushing, Mina, as if you didn't taste my lips before." Chaeyoung winked at her. Mina is really blushing so hard, and she doesn't know how to end their conversation.

"Are you sure we were just cuddling last night? Because it looks like you are harassing me with your words." 

"Maybe you are right. I am not so sure if we were just cuddling-" Chaeyoung didn't finish her words because Mina covered .

"Okay, shut up. Now finish your breakfast and take a shower. We will leave in an hour." After that, Mina gets up and goes to Katarina's room, leaving Chaeyoung in the kitchen.

"I really love teasing her." Chaeyoung chuckled and continued eating her breakfast.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

After an hour of travel, They already arrive at the beach. Chaeyoung gets out to her car to wake up Katarina, who's sleeping peacefully.

"Princess, wake up. We are here." 

"Wow." Katarina is in awe, just looking at the beach. "Thank you, mama and mommy." Then she hugged Mina and Chaeyoung.

"Okay, wait a minute. I'll call you aunties."

Chaeyoung fetched her phone and called her Nayeon Unnie.

"Where are you guys?"

"We are already here, pabo. Look behind you. Stop being so short-tempered in this early morning Chaeng-chaeng." She hangs up and goes to her friends.

"wow, we really are in a summer costume, huh? Did you plan all of this?" Momo said.

"Chaeyoung did." The pale girl said.

"Okay, let's go now inside to set everything we need to do."

They got inside, and they were surprised that everything now is done. The theme, the setup, and the foods.

"I thought me and Sana were in charge of decorating the event?" Tzuyu said while wandering the area.

"well, Chaeyoung did it too. She did all of that alone. That's why she slept in our house because she's too tired to travel to Nayeon Unnie's house." 

"WHAT? YOU DID YOU GUYS SLEPT WITH EACH OTHER?" they said in synchronize.

"will you guys stop overreacting? It's not what you think!" Chaeyoung is now facepalming.

"yes, we slept together," Mina said, and Chaeyoung is now looking at her. She knows Mina so well. Mina is taking her revenge because of what happened earlier. "can we focus now on my daughter's birthday?" Mina add.

"oh my god, I can't believe this. Mina, mark this day."

"noted." Mina then left them to call Katarina, who is busy playing in the sand.

"what the was that, Chaeng? Is there anything you want to tell me?" Nayeon said while holding her hand is on her waist.

"We didn't, okay? She's just teasing me. You know her."

"Why are you blushing then?"

"Because you guys are teasing me! Ahhhhh, this is so exhausting. I need water." Chaeyoung left them to find some water because she really is blushing.

.

.

.

.

.

It's already noon, and their guess is now arriving. The nine are currently busy assisting the guest and hosting the event. Katarina and the other kids are enjoying the Disney theme inside the resort. On the other side, Chaeyoung and Mina secretly glance at each other. Chaeyoung and Mina did their best to support Katarina because their classmates constantly bullied Katarina for not having a father. They made all of their efforts to show Katarina a complete family. 

"What are you doing here?" Mina asked and sat beside Chaeyoung, who was drinking her beer.

"Just resting. The view here is nice." Chaeyoung took a sip and put the beer can on the table. She looks at Mina, who's facing the view.

"Are you happy?"

"of course I am. Just missing Katarina's dad. He will have done this too if he's here." 

"hmm." Chaeyoung understands Mina because it's not easy to become a single mom. She knows how workaholic Mina is, and just imagining how Mina manages to raise a kid and work is really tough.

"Look at me," Chaeyoung said. Mina quickly faces Chaeyoung with a curious face.

"I promise you that I will take care of both of you, okay? I'll try my best to protect you and Katarina." 

"You don't need to do that, Chaeyoung. You have your life too, and besides, soon you will have a family to take care of." Mina took a sip of Chjaeyoung's beer.

"You are my family Mina. Katarina is like my daughter too."

"I know Chaeng. Thank you for being there for me and to our Daughter." She smiles at Chaeyoung.

"You know it's weird that I dreamt about this moment when I was in America. This beach, this view, us sitting right here on the same spot talking about Katarina. Though I can't remember the name of the child back then." She chuckled. 

FLASHBACK

Chaeyoung's Pov

I woke up with the sound of my alarm. I quickly grab my phone to look if what time it is already.

"Oh. It's Saturday. I don't have work."

I stare at the ceiling, remembering what is my dream was.

"Wow, that's really weird. You really still imagining yourself having a family with Mina, huh self?" 

I'm just staring at the ceiling for I don't know how long just thinking of that dream, but suddenly, my eyes get blurred. I miss Mina.

"It would be nice having a family with you. We used to dream about having two babies. When I bought that house, not far from the beach, I had many plans for that house, Mina. Us, the kids, grow old with you." I quickly wipe my tears because this is not fair to torture myself again.

"Okay, self, just go back to sleep. It's still early."

end of flashback

"Really? Maybe that's not me. It's one of your women." Mina smirk.

"oh, come on. I'm being soft here and sharing a moment with you, but here you are, teasing me. And for your information, I was just dating back then, and they had a hard time being with me because I was drunk or sleeping every time. I keep calling your name, and they thought I'm cheating-" she paused. She was surprised that she said that in front of Mina. Chaeyoung quickly avoids Mina's eyes and clears .

"it's not what you think, okay." She opened another can of beer and drank it continuously until it was empty.

Mina, on the other side, is just smiling. Hearing that makes her feel relieved that she doesn't know how to explain.

"it's okay, Chaeyoung." She stands up, walks closer to Chaeyoung, and sits on Chaeyoung's lap. Mina hugged Chaeyoung, and that embrace was not a simple hug. That hug is for someone she has been longing for a long time.

"Thank you for coming back, Chaeyoung. Please don't leave me again," hearing that makes Chaeyoung cry, but she's holding it and quickly wipes it.

"I promise, I'm not going to leave again. I'll stay no matter what." Chaeyoung means it. Before, she promised herself that she would not leave Mina even if it was hurting her. She is selfish, she knows, but Chaeyoung discovered that everything changed since she met Mina again. She feels like she has her old self again. The Chaeyoung who's free-spirited and strong. Mina is her home, and she's sure of that.

"Okay, enough with a hug time. Let's go back to Katarina." They both stood up and decided to go back inside. While walking, Chaeyoung grabs Mina's hand and smiles at her. "let's go."