Chapter 8

Blind Date

 

Jang Ri In - Why

 

 Changmin’s first day of work was boring for him. Of course, that kind of stuff is not on his field of interest even though he has knowledge about it.

Throughout the day of work, his curiosity towards Eun Hye wasn’t gone. It just keeps on bothering him.

After he completed doing some records, he went to Yunho’s office. Yunho is currently resting on the sofa and noticed someone went into his office.

“Oh, Changmin, you need something?” he asked him.

Changmin just sit across him and sighed deeply. “Nah, I can manage so far.”

“Really? That’s good then.” Yunho replied with a grin.

“I would just have to ask you something about Miss Yoon Eun Hye.” He said frankly which made Yunho to have a surprised expression.

“What about her?”

“Uhm, doesn’t she look familiar to you, hyung?” Changmin asked as if he was expecting something from him.

Yunho thought for a while. As long as he could remember, they only knew each other during the blind date and also working with the same company he is managing right now. Besides that, there’s nothing else he could think of.

“Uhh, not really. To tell you the truth, we just met on a particular event. That’s just it. Why do you ask?”

“Annyeo. Don’t mind me, maybe I’m just meeting too many people that I think I met everyone in this world.”

Changmin’s instincts weren’t wrong ever since. Just this time. He thought that maybe not all things that he thinks are always right.

Yunho just chuckled on his reaction. Changmin was still pondering at that time.

Later that time, Eun Hye decided to go to Yunho’s office to submit some reports on the sales. She was about to go in when he heard a familiar voice speak.

“Hyung, you remember that little girl when we were still kids?”

“Who? Tae Hee?”

She thought for a while when she heard the name. It was the blind date organizer’s name. Eun Hye decided not to cut their talk and started to walk back to her office.

“Yeah. Her. And yeah! Do you remember princess?”

Eun Hye stopped when she heard that. Was it just a coincidence??

It might be wrong to hear people’s conversation but her curiosity to know where her friend just made her listen to them secretly.

“Princess? Was that really her real name?”

“Hmm, I don’t think so. You know, we used to call her princess but we don’t really know her real name. That’s what I can remember.”

Eun Hye’s tears started to form in her eyes and decided not to continue to hear their conversation. She walked away and unexpectedly, Ri In was on her way to her desk. Eun Hye stopped when she saw Ri in.

“Ms. Yoon? Are you alright?” Ri In asked her.

“Huh? Uhh, yeah. Please hand this to Mr. Jung.” Eun Hye replied shortly and handed the reports to her. After that, she left immediately.

Ri In wondered on what happened to her. She just didn’t mind it and knocked on Yunho’s office and entered. She noticed that Changmin was there when he bowed to Yunho.

“Sir, Ms. Yoon asked me to hand these to you.” She said as she handed the reports to him.

“Thanks. But isn’t she supposed to hand these to me personally in case if I have some clarifications?” Yunho asked as he scanned the reports.

“Uhm, sir, I just saw her outside your office a while ago. She saw me and handed it to me. I think she was on a hurry on something.” Ri In responded honestly.

After that, Ri In immediately left his office and went to her desk.

“Don’t you think Ms. Yoon resembles princess?” Changmin continued from their conversation a while ago.

“Maybe. I could hardly remember the person you’re talking about since we left Korea when we were still kids.” Yunho replied shortly.

“Haha. Yeah, you’re right. I just hope we’ll meet her again one of these days.”

…………………………………………..

Eun Hye reached her office as tears started to fall from her eyes.

“Changmin is…Hao-chan?” she blurted out. “That means…he remembered me.”


That night, Eun Hye went to the bar that Jaejoong was managing. Jaejoong had just entered the bar when he saw her drinking liquor with Yeonhee accompanying her. He wondered and went near her.

“Hey.” He said as he sit beside Eun Hye. “Hi Jae.” She greeted him and smiled widely.

Then he shifts his attention to Yeonhee. “What happened here?”

“She dragged me here and after that she just drank alcohol non-stop. She keeps on saying things about a person called Hao-chan. I tried to stop her but she insists and told me that if I try to stop her again, she’ll fire me.” Yeonhee blurted out to him.

Jaejoong shook his head from side to side. Did she discover something about Hao-chan? Or was she reminded by him again?

“Eun Hye, stop this.” He said calmly to her. She just looked at him oddly.

“Leave me alone.” She was about to drink another glass when Jaejoong grabbed it and drink it all. She pouted with what he just did.

“Yah~~ that was mine.”

He doesn’t want to be embarrassed to many people. Jaejoong can’t take it no longer and dragged her upstairs to a private room. Yeonhee just followed behind.

The room has a single bed and a sofa on the side. It was well-lit and has a pretty ambience.

“What was that all about?!” Eun Hye yelled as she shrugged his hands off him.

“What’s wrong? Why are you drinking non-stop, huh?” Jaejoong yelled back.

Eun Hye’s tears started to fall from her eyes again. She dropped on her knees to the floor and cried. “Changmin is…Hao-chan.” Then she looked at him. “Can you believe it?”

Jaejoong was shocked by her words. Changmin?? The new vice president? Is Hao-chan??

“How can you be so sure?” he asked her with a serious tone.

“I overheard his conversation with Mr. Jung. And he remembered me, Jae.” She said and showed a bit of smile on her face.

“Eun Hye, please. I have seen you suffer enough for that guy. If what you’re saying is true, why are you being like this?” he said worriedly.

“Because…I still love him even though a long time has already passed.” She blurted out.

Yeonhee was still there. Unexpectedly hearing their conversation, she doesn’t know how to react since she doesn’t know anything about it on the first place.

She noticed that Jaejoong was still in the state of shock upon hearing those last words Eun Hye said.

After that, Eun Hye fell asleep as he brought her to the bed and covered her with a blanket.

He turned around as he faced Yeonhee. His expression was melancholic. He looked at her blankly.

“Uhm, Jaejoong, sorry if I had heard your conversation. I didn’t mean to, really.” Yeonhee tried to explain to him but his expression still hadn’t change.

He walked towards her and it made her nervous. She was afraid that he might scold her.

“Mian—“ Just as she was about to apologize to him, he fainted towards her. “Omo!”

She caught him as he landed on her on the floor. “Oh My God, what happened to this guy?”

Then she remembered that he drank the glass of alcohol that Eun Hye was about to drink.

“Is he drunk?” she thought. “Jae, you’re quite heavy you know.” She yelled at him. “Aish!”

She gets him off of her first and carried him to the sofa. “Phew!” she blurted out when she was done.

She looked at him once again and took a closer look of him. ‘I never knew you had such innocent face when you’re asleep, Jae. I wish you’ll just be like this forever if that’s the case. It’s just that you become so cold all the time when you’re conscious.’ Then she poked at him as she looked around.

Yeonhee was threatened by Eun Hye’s words a while ago that she will fire her. That’s why she decided to just sit on the chair on the other side and just fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------


[-Ri In’s pov-]

That particular time, the photoshoot wasn’t done yet. It was already 10 pm and I really need to go home but I can’t due to this responsibility Mr. Jung entrusted me.

Taeyeon did some poses alone with a y racer girl concept while Junsu just steadied himself and wore a rich-kid style outfit. It was nice actually. Just a little more time Ri In and this photo shoot will be over.

The photographer finally signaled that it was already done. *sigh* after several change of clothing for them and several hours of waiting for me, finally!

“Ri In-sshi, are you alright?” Taeyeon asked with a smile.

“Ah, yeah. I’m fine.”

“You should have gone home a while ago. It was unnecessary for you to wait for us to be done.” Junsu suddenly blurted which made me and Taeyeon to look at him.

He was adjusting his tie and loosens it up as he looked at me in a cold expression.

“If I left earlier, I can’t write something on my report to Mr. Jung.” I answered bluntly.

“Right. We already finished the photo shoot so you can go home now, right?” He asked me in an obvious tone.

“Uh, yeah. Like what I’ve said, I’m leaving. Bye.” I said bluntly to him as I bowed to both of them before leaving.

‘Aigooo! That Kim Junsu is really irritating. I hate him!’ I thought while I was riding a taxi back home.

---------------------------------------------------

[-Yeonhee’s pov-]

I woke up facing the ceiling and my neck really hurts. I looked around and noticed that it wasn’t my room. By then, I recalled what happened last night. Ms. Yoon is still on the bed and Jaejoong on the sofa sleeping.

I was looking at them when I noticed Jaejoong moving to a sitting position on the sofa while touching his forehead with his right hand. Unexpectedly, our gaze met.

“What?” He blurted out. Geez, so early in the morning and yet he becomes so cold again.

“Nothing. I just realized that you easily get drunk.” I said. His eyes were shifting to other directions while he cleared his throat. Then his eyes met mine again. Now, with a colder look.

“For your information, the liquor that I drank last night has a very high alcohol level and my body can’t tolerate it. That was the second time I fainted due to that reason.” He replied straightforwardly. “Eun Hye can tolerate those kinds of drinks that’s why she didn’t fainted early like I do.”

“Yeah, whatever.” I replied shortly. He’s too reasonable towards his actions. And, really, it’s kinda weird to hear him say those things.

“Nerdy people have very low tolerance against alcohol even with mild liquors.” He said as I shot him a glare. He was just looking at me with an evil grin.

“Y-Yah! Are you challenging me?!” I stood up as I yelled in anger. He’s really getting into my nerves!

Before he could say anything, Ms. Yoon woke up from her sleep. Even though she drank too much last night, she doesn’t look like it at all.

Jaejoong immediately went to her side. “Good morning.” He said as he showed her a small grin.

She looked at Jaejoong innocently and looked down with a frown. “I’m really sorry for what I did last night.” Then she shifted her attention to me. “I’m sorry Yeonhee if I have said something that might offend you.”

“Uh, annyeo. It’s alright Ms. Yoon. It was a good thing, Mr. Kim arrived in time.” I said to her in reply. It was really awkward for me to call him formally like that.

Jaejoong looked at me for a while and then to his wrist watch. “Oh no, it’s already 7:10 am. You better take a shower fast.”

Then he stood up. “There’s a bathroom in there and I have stored ladies clothes and garments in here just in case if these kinds of situations would happen. I’ll see you in an hour. I’ll be preparing myself on the other room.”

What? Just in case? Well, it was a good thing since it came in good use.

With that, he left the room. Leaving me and Ms. Yoon.

“Ma’am we better ready ourselves or we’ll be late.” I said worriedly to her.

“Yeah. You’re right. Come on.”

Of course, as a respectful secretary as me, Ms. Yoon bathed first before I do. While waiting for her to be done, I looked on the cabinet for the clothes Jaejoong was talking about.

My eyes widen when almost all of it were cocktail dresses but there are also some fabulous tops. I tried to find something not too showy and good thing I found a simple one. CLICK ME!

 

So after I bathed, I put it on and just put on the leggings I had to match the outfit. Then I wore these nice flats. CLICK ME!

 

On the other hand, Ms. Yoon wore a blue long top matched with a medium-sized and dark-colored beads and a pair of pink heels.The outfit really fits her title as the CMO.

 

Later on, we both went out of the room when Jaejoong texted Ms. Yoon.

We heard a door closed on the room next to ours and we turned to look. It was Jaejoong. CLICK ME!

I noticed Ms. Yoon smiling to him as he approaches to us. “Thanks for these clothes, Jae. And for the shower.”

“Sure.” He smiled a bit as the three of us left the bar.

Ms. Yoon let me ride with her while Jaejoong drove off with his car. “Yeonhee-sshi?”

She called me as we were on our way to the company. “What is it, Ms. Yoon?”

“Please don’t be too formal towards me especially at times when were outside work. Just call me Eun Hye, okay?”

I was surprised when she suddenly said that.

Well, to be exact going back in high school, I was still a junior while she is a senior, she’s been a member of the student council. So, I’m not wondering why she became the CMO of the company I’m working in too. Yoochun and Jaejoong were also seniors at that time. Well, they’re both kingkas of the school. Eun Hye and Jaejoong were close friends since then but I don’t know if there is something going on or not. I’m not that updated with news. She’s a very friendly girl that’s why we became friends. But we’re not that close.

“Uhh, okay, Eun Hye-sshi.” I replied shortly.

I heard her chuckle. “Gomawo.” Then there was total silence again. “Yeonhee-sshi, about last night. Uhm, can we keep it between the three of us?”

I looked at her and shifted back on the road again. “Sure. My mouth is zip regarding it.”

“Thanks. I knew I could trust you.”

We arrived at the building and went on the elevator together. Then work started again.



At the end of work that day, everyone let out a sigh of relief when everything was done. The new endorsers’ photos were sorted out during the board meeting. The concept was really nice. It gives out a new mood for the buyers.

Ri In said that Mr. Kim Junsu a.k.a. one of the endorsers was such a jerk. I don’t know why she said that, but he looks so innocent and cute for me. Well, Ri In sure doesn’t like him. That’s what I can conclude based on the things she told me during the board meeting.

Also, I was reminded of one more thing. Kim Jaejoong. He told me something when Eun Hye-sshi went to the toilet when we were still at the bar.


[-Flashback-]

“Ya.” He said behind me.

I turned to face him with a questioned look.
“What?

“Yes, I am challenging you.” He said. At first I didn’t understand but I knew what it was all about a few seconds after thinking.

“Oh, that. What kind of challenge?” I questioned him, confident on winning.

“Just a little drinking session tonight called Alcohol tolerance test in here.” He said with a smirk.

Oh dear. I thought he was just gonna let that pass. Now, he
’s taking it seriously?? I sighed and looked and looked at him once again.

“Fine. Then the winner can ask for anything from the loser.

“Deal. You better prepare for it. Be here at 7 pm.” He said in a low tone since Eun Hye-sshi is already approaching towards us.

[-End of Flashback-]



I can’t believe I actually agreed with him. And now, I’m standing in front of the bar. I took a deep breath and went inside.

Loud music was everywhere. I try to find Jaejoong and found him going upstairs. So, I followed him and try to catch up to him.

“Ya!” I said calling him.

He stopped walking on the hallway and turned his attention to me

“Oh, I thought you’ll never come.” He said in a boastful tone.

]”You should KNOW that NERDS like me NEVER back out.” I said emphasizing some words.

He just looked at me typically. “Tss.” Then he shook his head. “Fine.”

Then he continued to walk again. I just followed him from behind as he stopped in front of a door and opened it. He went inside and signaled me to go there too.

As I went in, I saw a Yoochun sitting on one of the seats. He noticed us coming in and smiled to us.

“Oh, Jae.” Then he shifted his attention to me. “Yeonhee-sshi? What are you doing here?”

His face showed a curious expression. Jaejoong looked over his shoulder and looked at Yoochun.

“We’re gonna have an Alcohol tolerance test.” He replied bluntly.

Yoochun showed a grin. “Ohhh, that. But aren’t you—“

“Let’s start.” Jaejoong said, cutting Yoochun’s words.

Jaejoong took a seat and I just sit across him. Seems like he’s really serious about this. There are five bottles of unopened alcoholic drinks on the table. I haven’t seen them before but it looks strong on the taste. But why five bottles??

Yoochun just sits on the chair in between me and Jaejoong. “Are you sure about this?” he asked with a worried expression.

“YES.” Jaejoong and I replied in unison.

“Okay. Let’s start this then.” Yoochun said and served the first drink.


3 hours later….

Oh God. We’ve already finished four bottles. And I’m starting to feel dizzy. On the other hand, Jaejoong looks sleepy already and was pouting.

“One more!” He said while supporting his head with his right hand.

“Ya! No support systems allowed!” I yelled at him.

“]Hahahaha. Am not. I’m not drunk! My head is just heavy so I supported it with my hand.”

I just laughed with his reason. What kind of reason was that?? So immature.

“Kim Jaejoong! Why are you so conceited??”

His tired eyes turned into a glare.

“What?! Me? Conceited?! Ha! I’m a whole package! I’m handsome, smart, and rich. Every girls dream are in me! So I don’t give a damn if I’m conceited in your eyes! Get it?!” he said in a-matter-of-fact tone.

Geez, I want to punch him right into his face right now. We just exchanged glares and none of us were saying something after that.

“Hey, slow it down you two. You’re just drunk, that’s why you said those things.”

“I’M NOT DRUNK!” we said in unison while looking at Yoochun.

“Okay, okay. I’ll just stay quiet here.”

[-End of Yeonhee’s pov-]

-------------------------------------------

Yoochun just sit quietly and patiently. He doesn’t want to get scolded again.

“Yeonhee-sshi, I think it’ll be good if you go home. It’s getting late already.” Yoochun said to her with a concerned tone.

“Yoochun, stay out of this. She’s with me. So don’t ask her to go home.” Jaejoong blurted out which made Yoochun have goosebumps. His tone was scary.

“Uhh, sorry Jae. I’ll stay out of this.” Yoochun was about to go out when Yeonhee called him.

“Yoochun.” She called as Yoochun turned his gaze towards her. “I apologize for this.”

Yoochun just smiled at her. “It’s alright. I’m used to it. I’ll be going now.” he said and went out of the room.

“Why are you apologizing to him?” Jaejoong asked him in a serious tone.

“Because this is too much. And it’s so childish. Yoochun has nothing to do with this.” Yeonhee blurted out.

“Ha! Is that really the reason? Or you have other motives?”

“Ya! Kim Jaejoong! Grow up will you?” Yeonhee said angrily at him.

“You still like him, don’t you?”

“What if I still like him? It’s none of your business!” Yeonhee is pissed by Jaejoong’s childish words. She decided to stand up and walk out of the room when someone grabs her arm.

“What?!” she yelled angrily.

“Take your glasses off.” He said calmly.

Yeonhee was confused by his words. “And why would I do that?”

She didn’t take it off as what he asked her to do. So Jaejoong took it off himself.

“Hey!”

”You look much better without these.” He said while looking at her.

Heat trails up to his face as those words were heard. She never expected him to say such things because he had been so cold and hostile to him ever since. Especially when he knew that she likes him back then.

“Shut up. Just give me back my glasses.”

“No.” He said while pulling away her glasses.

Yeonhee glared at him. “What’s your problem?!”

He didn’t respond to her and just looked at her weirdly which makes her confused. He started walking towards her and it made her wonder.

“Jaejoong? Are you feeling alright? I think you’re drunk.” She said while walking backwards as he was still walking towards her.

He was still holding my arm at that time and his grip became a bit tighter. Still staring at her, his sight was focused on something.

Then he just pulled her towards him and their lips met.

“Kim Jaejoong! What do you think you’re doing?!” Yeonhee said on her thoughts. She was struggling on his grip on her but he doesn’t seem to let her go.

Yeonhee finally managed to push him away from him and he just landed on the floor groaning in pain.

“What the heck was that?!” she yelled in

“Ouch. That hurts.” He groaned in pain not paying attention to her question. He tried to get up but ended up on the floor.

She wondered why he suddenly became quiet. She went to check on him but he was already sleeping on the floor.

“Geez. What’s this guy? He’s so weird when he’s drunk. And why did he kiss me all of a sudden?! You better not let me see your face or I’ll definitely kill you!” Yeonhee yelled at him and went out of the room.

She saw Yoochun on the hallway. “Oh, you’re finally done.”

“Ah, yeah. Uhm, I gotta go.” She rushed that she almost tripped. She’s feeling funny already and her head hurts. Yeonhee had just taken a few steps from Yoochun when she suddenly fainted.