Chapter 15

Blind Date

Yoochun and Boa were already on their flight going to China together with three of Yoochun's staff.

They were sitting beside each other but Boa seems tensed and Yoochun noticed it. She kept looking around and had a worried look while pressing her palms together.

"Hey, are you okay?" He finally asked.

She just looked at him shortly and nodded without answering him further.

Yoochun just went back into reading the magazine provided.

Few minutes later, their plane finally took off. Boa sighed deeply and closed her eyes. She was holding on to her seat belt.

Suddenly, earphones were put unto her ears with a relaxing instrumental music on. She slowly opened her eyes as she met Yoochun's eyes beside her.

He looked at her with an amused expression and she just flashed him with an annoyed face.

Then Yoochun held her hand that was clenching and intertwined it with his. She resisted at first but he won. He just rested his back towards his seat and closed his eyes.

Boa looked at him weirdly but just let the situation be. She somehow felt relaxed with what he did.


After a while, they finally arrived at China.

The staff went on ahead of them at the arrival area and met with the representatives who invited Yoochun.

Yoochun and Boa followed behind them as they carried their bags. They walked side by side going to the car that was prepared for their arrival and they were immediately taken to a hotel and into their individual rooms.

That night, preparations were made for the event on the next day. Boa arrived inside the room of one of the Chinese staff were all of Yoochun's team are.

"Oh, you're finally here." He noticed him at the door and went to her. "Let me orient you on what's gonna happen tomorrow aside from me being a judge."

"Yes please." she responded shortly as one of Yoochun's staff went to them and gave him a box. He opened the box before her and her face was in awe.

"That's pretty." she commented while still looking at the item.

"You're gonna model this item. This is a spiral hoop specially made in Europe. Spiral hoops are to be worn by the models with different designs on the final round. I'm in charge on that round and they told me to prepare something challenging. There will be a pictorial that's gonna happen for this." Yoochun explained to her.

"So why am I gonna model for it? I'm not a part of the contest." She asked.

"The fashion designers together with their team will have to imitate the idea or even just close to what our team will do."

"Ooohhh so it's just gonna be about the expression?"

"Yes. As I told you, it'll be about the attitude and confidence." Yoochun replied with a smirk at her.

"All you need to do now is to sit there and we'll just figure it out." he added

After that, Yoochun together with his team and the Chinese staff just observed her. Boa just distracted herself by grabbing on a magazine and scanning it. Then she was asked to try on some fabric and dresses, different colors of eyeshadows, glitters, lipsticks, hair styles and brooch.

It took around two hours and a half for all the brainstorming of the team.

Boa was starting to feel sleepy that she secretly yawned.

"Mr. Park, we'll pack our things now to get ready for tomorrow."

"Okay. Good job everyone." One by one they went of the room carrying the things they used.

Boa was about to stand when Yoochun grabbed her elbow. "You stay here for a while."

She looked at him with a confused look. "Why? I thought we're done."

"Not yet. I still have something to do with you." Then he went near her ear. "Alone."

Boa immediately shoved off his hand and went away from him. She noticed that everyone in the room left already and the two of them were the only ones there.

"Hey! What are you trying to do?"

"What? I'm not doing anything yet." Yoochun said innocently.

She looked at him suspiciously. They just stared at each other for a couple of seconds before Yoochun bursted out laughing.

"What's so funny?" she exclaimed and crossed her arms.

"Hahaha...nothing. Hahaha what were you thinking? I'm your fashion designer for tomorrow. You should trust me."

Boa felt embarrassed and sighed. "You should have said so earlier. I don't trust you completely."

Yoochun smiled a bit and pulled a chair in front of him. "You should. Come and sit here across me."

She followed obediently with arms still crossed and sit across him. She was just looking straight at him.

"What?" He asked while opening the box with the spiral hoop.

"Nothing. Just do what you need to do." She exclaimed shorlty and rested her arms on her lap.

Yoochun just smirked and looked at her fo a while. He tugged her hair at the back of her right ear making her ear visible to his sight. He then got one spiral hoop earring and worn it on her.

"Woah. It's surprisingly light. I thought it'll be heavy." She commented with her head her left side. He then shifted onto her right ear and worn the other pair.

He reached out a mirror and handed it to her so that she could see herself.

"Wow. This is really pretty, Yoochun."

"Yes. Gorgeous."

She was smiling while looking at the mirror for a short time and put it aside.

"Oh by the way, I forgot to say thank you for earlier at the plane. I don't really feel good when it's about to take off."

He was somehow surprised with her words and cleared his throat for her not to notice.

"You're welcome." he replied shortly while gazing at her. "Just one thing."

"What?"

"Put that smile on for tomorrow. It's really genuine."

Boa felt her heart beating weirdly after he said those words. "S-Sure. I'll be on my best tomorrow."

Then she remembered m. "By the way, Eunhyuk will be on the event tomorrow, right?"

Yoochun took off the hoop earrings from her that time and nodded.

"We're done. You can go and take a rest."

"Okay. You too."

Boa finally left the room and walked towards her room.

 

The next day, a lot of models and contestants were present at the venue. Yoochun and the team were all at the dressing room. Boa was there being prepared.

A few minutes later, the program started. Yoochun just left a piece of paper on her hand before he left as he was being introduced.

"Miss Kwon, we'll just wait for Mr. Park for the signal for your exposure."

"Alright. I didn't expect it to be THIS major." she exclaimed since she started to feel nervous.

"Don't worry, Miss. Mr. Park is a pro. Just trust him."

'Trust him?' she thought. She remembered the note he gave her earlier and opened it.


'Just smile hon :)'

She had a confused face after reading it and felt weird again. 'He's playing with me again.' she thought.

There was a television inside the dressing room. Boa and the others watched while waiting. The program went on smoothly in three rounds that lasted within a few minutes.

The last round was finally on. The final three contestants were given a five minutes break as well as the judges.

Not for long, Yoochun went back to the dressing room to check on her and get the special item for the night.

The hair and makeup artist just made some finishing touches after she worn the elegant dress prepared. Her back was exposed with a V pattern and the length of the dress is just above her knees.

"She's ready, Mr. Park." the staff said and made way for him.

Boa was sitting in front of the mirror and just looked at herself for a while. Then noticed Yoochun at her side with a smirk and winked at her.

"Ready?" he said and offered his hand.

"It's just between Yes or Yes, right?" she replied with a smile and held her hand to him.

The both of them went out from the dressing room and walked towards the stage through the center isle. There was a spotlight as they walked and Boa felt conscious since the audience were a lot than what she had seen from the television earlier. Cameras were flashing and video cameras were focused on them. The people present at the venue were all eyes on them.

She leaned slightly towards Yoochun and whispered. "Park Yoochun, this is really embarrassing."

Yoochun just smirked from her reaction and leaned towards her. "Relax. You're with the infamous Park Yoochun." he said and slightly squeezed her hand. They finally went up on stage and the emcee took over.

"Wow! What a gorgeous lady you brought today, Mr. Park." the male emcee commented as Boa bowed to him.

"Yes. I personally chose my model for tonight." Yoochun replied shortly and held her waist while gently pulling her towards him. She just looked at him surprised by his gesture. Then Yoochun got an envelope from her pocket and gave it to the emcee and whispered something.

"Alright. Here's the final round for tonight. May I request the contestants and their models to be back on their respective stations?" the emcee announced.

While the three remaining contestants went back, Yoochun guided Boa towards the high chair at the center of the stage.

"Seriously, a high chair, Mr. Park?" she exclaimed and looked at him in disbelief while standing in front of it.. She was pretty short for it even through she was wearing heels already.

"That's required for this round. Don't worry. I got a trick for that." he immediately replied and went in front of her. She was confused on what he's about to do when he suddenly held her waist with both of his hands and supported her to sit on the high chair. Her eyes widen as her hands immediately held on to his shoulders.

"Are we good, now?" he said and just winked at her. "Just thank me later, okay?

Boa just glared at him. She can't protest to him this time since all attention were on them on stage. 'Ugghh! What was that for?! So embarrassing!!' she just protested in her mind. Yoochun was just standing beside her casually and holding the box with the special item.

The three remaining contesants went back with their models. Boa spotted Eunhyuk immediately as one of the contestants and their eyes met. Eunhyuk's eyes widened the moment he saw her there.

"Alright everyone. This final round is about expression. Mr. Park brought a special item to be featured on later's pictorial. This will be portrayed by her gorgeous model today." The emcee went on with the instructions as Yoochun brought out the spiral hoop earrings and put it on her. He was tugging her hair every now and then to see which side was better. The contestants were given spiral hoop earrings at the same time.

Then Yoochun looked at her with a calm expression. "This round's theme is about insipiration and love. That expression just needs to come out of you naturally and it will be captured in a photo. So your face and your upper body is the focus on this."

She felt tensed about the whole idea right then and there. Though he already oriented her of this stuff when they were still in Korea but she haven't done this for quite a while now.

"Okay. But I'm not a part of the competition, right?"

"Nope. I did a little background check on you, hon. That's why I'm confident that you can do it." He said and just winked at her.

"H-Hey. Not fair! This was all planned after all. Just wait 'til this ends." she whispered and just went on with the whole thing.

Yoochun was just smiling at her at the side while she did her pose. On the other hand, he shifted his gaze to Eunhyuk who was staring at Boa from their station.



The competition went on as the three contestants did per mechanics of the final round.

Boa was asked to take a seat on one side while Yoochun did the major judging this time. She was also cheering silently for Eunhyuk as they made eye contact.

After a few moments and poses, the contestants were asked to go back to their stations as the scores are being tallied.

"Ladies and gentlemen, to make this competition more thrilling and while the scores are still being computed, let's witness a special presentation first."

Then everyone clapped their hands. Indeed, Boa noticed that the atmosphere became tensed. Yoochun went to sit beside her and sighed heavily.

"That's deep." she commented as he noticed his sighing while keeping his eyes on the presentation.

He smirked and bumped his shoulder onto hers lightly. He whispered then. "Hey are you teasing me? It ain't easy job you know."

She looked at him and raised his shoulders and hands. "Not my problem." she replied shortly.

"You're teasing me for teasing you earlier, huh? Hmmm, interesting."

Then there was a moment of silence as they just watched and listened to the kids with voices that were blending in different keys.

"So do you still have feelings for him?" He asked while eyeing Eunhyuk then back at her.

She was shocked by his question but just answered it. "It's been a long time you know. A lot of things changed already. I've buried it all in the past now."

"That's deep." He commented that made her look at him with a smirk and hit his shoulder. "So you're copying me now, Mr. Park?"

"Not really." Yoochun just laughed. He remained quiet as they all applaused on the presentation.

"I'll just go to the rest room real quick." she said whle standing up.

"Okay. I'll accompany you."

"It's okay. I can --"

Before she could finish her statement, he already stood up and grabs her hand going to the nearest rest room. His grip was just gentle as he led the way. She was staring at his back and suddenly felt nervous.

'What are you thinking? He's just being nice like he always does.' she said to herself.

"Oh Mr. Park!" someone greeted them as they were near the hallway towards the rest room. "It's good to see you here again." It was middle-aged man dressed formally.

"Hi Mr. Mao." Yoochun greeted back and whispered to Boa quickly. "I'll just be waiting for you here. I need to take this."

She just nodded and immediately walked towards the women's rest room.

"Phew!" she washed her hands and looked at the mirror. "This will be over soon."

She went out of the rest room after fixing herself and went towards the hallway.

"Boa!"

Someone called her from behind and she leaned back. "Oh hey Eunhyuk!"

"Wow. You look stunning up close." he suddenly complimented her and she didn't expect it to be this way.

"Ah yeah. Thanks. Mr. Park's team did this for this competition."

"You know what? You should think about joining our team. I hope you still consider." he said all of a sudden.

"What?" Boa was confused. He sounded different.

"What I mean is... me and my team are confident to win this time. So we need someone as talented as you to be part of us."

"Wait that's too sudden. I need to consider a lot of things as well." Boa replied with a tone of surprise.

"Come on. What are old friends for." Eunhyuk smiled to her and held her arm forcibly. "Besides, we can start over again."

Those words made Boa look at him in confusion. "Let go of me, Eunhyuk. "

"Boa, I really felt happy when I saw you again." he was holding on both of her arms this time.


"Hey!" they heard Yoochun's strong voice and it gave her a chance to free from Eunyuk's grip. Eunhyuk looked at Yoochun as Boa went towards him.

"The competition isn't over yet, Mr. Lee. You better not slack or do something unprofessional." Yoochun added and had a serious expression. "Miss Kwon here is off limits. It would be better to give your attention to your model." After that, he grabbed her hand gently as they both went back to the stage.

The presentation was finished after a while and some ads of sponsors were flashed.

Yoochun was just quiet as they went back to their seats. An envelope was handed to him shortly and a staff whispered something to him then he stood up.

"The results are up!!" The emcee said and a nerve-wrecking music just supoorts the tension in the place. "Ladies and gentlemen, the winner is contestant number..."

Drum rolls... "Number 3!"

Eunhyuk's group was number two and he went towards the stage protesting.

"What? This can't be. There must have been some miscalculations." he said towards the emcee.

"Mr. Lee, please calm down." The audience were whispering about the commotion. The media and photographers just kept on filming it still.

Yoochun butted in. "Excuse me, Mr. Lee. We base the final verdict from your scores so it would be better if you'll just accept it."

"No, no! I prepared so much. I can't accept this!" Then he suddenly pulled out a gun from his pocket and pointed it towards Yoochun. "Mr. Park, you can't do this to me."

Everyone started to be worried and some just went out of the place.

"Eunhyuk! Don't do this! It was a fair competition." Boa blurted out but had a nervous tone. Then a number of security personnel secured the area and grabbed Eunhyuk with his gun.

"Stand down sir. It's over." The security head said towards him and his face looked pissed but disappointed.

Eunhyuk was arrested and his team was also asked to go with the security personnel. The commotion calmed down a bit after they went out.


Yoochun, Boa and the rest of the team immediately went to the dressing room. They were escorted by some security personnel as they went to their car.

Inside, everyone was just quiet until they were already on the main road.

"I know everyone is still in shock but I'm glad everyone is safe." Yoochun finally spoke. Boa was just sitting beside him and looked at him.

"Mr. Park, we need to tighten your security from now on." one of the staff said.

"I thought so."

As they were going towards their rooms, Yoochun haven't spoke to Boa after the incident at the comfort room and on stage earlier.


They were walking side by side on the hallway and he was still quiet. So it bothered her already.

"Are you okay?" she suddenly blurted out with a worried tone. He just looked at her and smiled a bit. "Yeah."

"I didn't expect Eunhyuk to do that really."

"I know. The truth is there were speculations about his team's authenticity. So I asked the security to investigate in secret. Because they want to win that badly, they used money to bribe one of the judges but this judge immediately notified me. That's why he was so upset earlier."

Boa's eyes widened with those things happening behind the scenes. "Really? That's disappointing."

"And what he did back there to you at the comfort room just convinced me more of the suspicions. He was actually eye-ing on you the moment you came on stage that's why I accompanied you just to be sure."

They reached Yoochun's room and they stopped walking.

"Thank you." Boa bowed to him which suprised him.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm just thanking you that's all."

Yoochun was smirking at her. "You're really fascinating." Then he walked towards her making her walk backwards.

He held her arm while reaching his other hand to the knob and opened the door. Then he pulled her towards his room and closed the door.

"What are you doing, Mr. Park?" she suddenly felth nervous. He had this calm expression on him but didn't quit on staring at her.

"Nothing much." Then he walked towards her but she didn't walked back this time. "You're making things difficult for me."

"I"m not doing anything to you." she protested and became confused with him.

"Yes you are." Then he pulled her towards him making their faces so close. "I'm becoming possessive of you." He held her cheek and kissed the side of her lips.

Boa just froze the moment he spoke. She cannot speak out her reactions and just felt her heart beating rapidly. "H-Hey!"

Yoochun smirked at her while letting go of his grip. "It seems like you're still not used to it."

"Of course not. We're just pretending."

"Tell me then how to resist if you're this stunning today and wearing a y dress?" he said whle crossing his arms and looking at her from top to bottom.

Then she realized that her dress was flowy, revealing her collarbones, a V pattern at the front and backless. She blushed upon seeing herself on the mirror. "Oh great. We were on a rush that I didn't realize that I was changed to something like this after the competition."

Yoochun just laughed at her. "You should have known better that it turns any men on. My team sure knows my taste."

"Sheesh. So you took advantage of it. You ert." she exclaimed.

"No I didn't. I just reacted normally." He let out a laugh then removed his blazer and put it on her. "Here. So that you won't get cold."

She looked at him surprised. “Can I just say this? You’re really kind today. Except for that thing you did just a minute ago.”

“You’re welcome. What? The kiss? What’s so disappointing about it?” He thought and then snapped out of it. “Ah, it was too quick. You want it to be longer?”

“Ha! You wish!” Boa pushed him away and went towards his door. “Good night, Mr. Park.”

“Good night. Don’t go to other rooms, okay?"

“I’m not like you.” Then she went out and closed the door.

“Yeah… but I like you.” he said softly.