Chapter 7

Blind Date

 

DBSK - Try My Love

 

Five minutes have passed since they left. Now, I’m stuck with this guy across me. He was staring at one direction and it’s like he’s in a deep thought. Well, he never changed though. We were just quiet, like we are in our own worlds.

I took a deep sigh and rested my back on the chair. I can see he colored his hair blonde. Why does everything seem to fit his appearance?? I was startled when he suddenly turned his gaze to me.

“Yah, quit staring.” He said with a tone of irritation.

“Was not! You’re imagination is just playing with you.” Well, even though I was, I’m not the type of person who accepts defeat.

Out of the blue, he stood from his seat. “I’m going now. I still need to go to the bar.”

Bar? Does he manage it now?

“Oh, okay. It’s also getting late.” I said in reply and stood. We went out of the restaurant together.

“Bye, four-eyed.” He uttered under his breath as he walked towards his car. I was just glaring him and shook my head.

I was surprised when he came back. “Oh yeah. You can have this. It’s for this blind date anyway.” He handed me the white rose.

“Whatever.” I get it from him and left the place.

[-End of Yeonhee’s pov-]

------------------------------------------------------------------


Honestly, I’m not home right now. This Yoochun took me in a bar. Damn him.

“Hon, are you mad with me?”

We were in an exclusive room where it’s just the two of us but we can still hear the beat of the music from here. He is sitting beside me enjoying the atmosphere in the place. On the other hand, I don’t feel like it. And now he’s asking me if I’m okay?

I smiled sarcastically at him and answered. “To the millionth power, YES I AM. And stop calling me names, it’s just the two of us here.”

Yoochun pouted. “Awww, don’t be like that. Besides, you’re very serious at all times. I’m not gonna be surprised If you get wrinkles sooner than me.”

“YAH! Quit it!” she exclaimed to him as she stood up from his place and walked towards his bag. Then Yoochun just laughed all of a sudden. He turned his attention with a wondering look.

“What’s funny?” she asked furiously.

Yoochun pointed something on her feet. “Do you like it that much?” he asked.

Boa looked down and realized that she was wearing the heels he gave her. It’s true that she liked it but Yoochun was thinking differently.

“I wear my shoes randomly, depending on my outfit, okay? So don’t be so conceited.” She replied in a straightforward tone and just crossed his arms.

“Why does your seriousness intrigue me a lot?” he said and stood up. Placing his hands on his pockets, he walked towards her. “Well, time goes by so fast. It has been a month already.”

She just rolled her eyes in irritation.

“Right. I suggest time goes forward four times the speed. So that I won’t have to see and be with you again.” She said.

He took a deep breath and smirked. “Too bad. Time can’t fly that fast. So you’re still stuck with me for the mean time. Hahaha.”

Then her phone suddenly rang and she immediately answered it.

“Yeobseoyo?” She wondered since the number wasn’t registered to his phone.

-“Boa-sshi, it’s Siwon. How are you?”

Boa’s eyes widen in surprise and smiled wide. “AAAHH!!! Is that really you??” she yelled while answering.

Yoochun was wondering why she suddenly became like THAT. On the other hand, Siwon smirked upon hearing her scream in surprise.

-“Woah, lower down your voice. Yes, it is me. I just arrived from my travel from Japan. “ he replied calmly on the other line. “Uhm, I’ll just call you again tomorrow, okay? I’m gonna rest for now. Bye.”

“Oh, okay. Bye.” With that, they both ended the call. Boa still had that smile on her face.

“Wow, you got dimples. Never saw that before since you always show that serious face of yours.” Yoochun commented which made Boa’s expression to change and the smile she had on faded.

“You irritate me, that’s why.”

“Really? One of these days you’ll learn to adjust with my presence. Anyway, who just called you?”

“Tss. I don’t know if that might ever happen. Oh, that. It’s...a secret. You don’t have to know who it was.”

“Hmmm, let me guess.” Then he paused for a while before continuing. “I’m very sure that it’s a guy.”

“How can you be so sure?” she asked and wondered why he guessed that she was talking to a guy. She can’t deny that he guessed it right.

“Hmmm, it’s because…” Then his face came close to her. “..you were blushing like crazy while talking on the phone.”

Boa felt embarrassed because he noticed it. So, she pushed him away from him. “I-I wasn’t! Stop talking like you know everything!”

Yoochun just smirked to himself. At that time, he discovered one trait of her. She acts childishly when she’s guilty of something. He just laughed at her reaction.

“That’s okay, hon. Don’t be too hard on yourself.” He said while putting his arms around her shoulders.

She shrugged off his arms and got her bag. “I’m going first.” then she walked towards the door and went out.


Meanwhile, Jaejoong just arrived at the bar and immediately went to the room where Yoochun is. But as he went upstairs, he saw Boa on the dance floor walking towards the exit.

Jaejoong just ignored it and continued walking until he arrived in front of the door. He knocked first then entered.

“Oh, Jae, what took you so long?” Yoochun asked while taking a seat.

“Hmm, never mind about it. I saw your girlfriend leave just while ago.”

“Don’t worry, I was just playing with her but it turns out for her to be mad at me.” He just chuckled when he remembered what just happened.

“Haha. Really? I’m not surprised anymore with what you did.” Jaejoong replied as he watched the people dancing on the dance floor through the glass window in the room.

“It was nice seeing Yeonhee again a while ago.” Yoochun suddenly blurted out which made Jaejoong look at him.

“That four-eyed girl? She didn’t change a bit since high school.”

“Hahaha. Really? Don’t worry it was just a blind date. It wasn’t a real date.” Yoochun said in a reassuring tone.

---------------------------------------------


The next day….

“Junsu! Hurry up! We’re gonna be late!” Taeyeon shouted from Junsu’s room.

“I’m almost done, okay? Stop yelling already!” he replied while making his last look on the mirror to make sure he looks fine and tidy. Then he immediately went out of his room.

“Sorry. The stylist already has scheduled commitments this morning so I took time on choosing clothes for myself.” Junsu said apologetically to Taeyeon when they were already in the car.

“That ‘s alright. I was struggling this morning too since you told me that the stylist cannot come. “ She replied with a smile to him.

Finally, they arrived in front of a tall building. There were media men outside their car, waiting for them to show themselves.

Taeyeon took a deep breath before going out of the car, Junsu just followed behind her. The bodyguards blocked the media from getting close to them so they entered the building and head for the elevator immediately.

“Phew! That was close.” Junsu exclaimed. Then he called someone on his phone when they were still on the elevator. The other line is still ringing.

-“Yes?”

“Yunho, we’re on our way to your office. Taeyeon and I are already on the elevator.”

-“Oh, okay. I’ll meet you near the elevator. Get ready to speak to the employees.”

Then they both ended the call as Yunho went out of his office and walked his way near the elevator. It opened once Yunho arrived. He accompanied Junsu and Taeyeon as they walked inside while the bodyguards were still cautious on their safety.

“Hey, isn’t that Kim Junsu and Kim Taeyeon???”

“The ‘Twin Voices??”

“Wow, they’ve grown handsome and pretty.”

The employees keep whispering about them. The two were actually singers and pursued their career abroad. They also do modeling and endorsements at the same time. The twins just came back from Korea in a while and decided to make a comeback by endorsements. They were given the title ‘Twin Voices because they are twins who have fantastic voices. Everyone’s attention was on them and on Yunho.

“Everyone, Kim Junsu and Kim Taeyeon will be working with us starting this day. They will be our new endorsers for our new car model which will be released soon. So treat them nicely. Can I assure that?”

Everyone agreed as the CEO said his last sentence. Then Junsu and Taeyeon gave their introductions to the employees. With that, there would be a welcoming party after work. They were looking forward to it.

After that, they went to Yunho’s office and sit on the sofa.

“I’m relieved that the people here are very accommodating.” Junsu said as he let out a sigh of relief.

“I think we’re gonna have a fun experience with your group, oppa.” She smiled, looking forward with the project they’re into.

Yunho was wondering why Ri In haven’t come back yet. Just then, someone knocked and then entered his office.

She bowed before walking towards his table. She noticed that there were visitors inside her boss’ office and just lowered her head. She handed the files to him and Yunho scanned it for a while.

“Hmmm. Thanks Ri In. Nice work.” Yunho complimented her.

Ri In was felt shy and smiled forcefully. “It’s my job.”

They Yunho stood up from his chair and walked beside her.

“Oh yeah. Ri In, meet our new endorsers.” He said as he accompanied her to go near them.

The twins’ attention was caught as they both stood up.

Ri In’s eyes widen in surprise as she noticed the guy in front of him.

Junsu’s gaze met hers as they both reacted in the same way.

“YOU?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” they both yelled in unison. Taeyeon and Yunho were unaware and confused with them.

“You knew each other?” Yunho asked them.

“NO.” they said in unison again.

“ She’s just the clumsy girl who crossed the street carelessly.” Junsu grunted after that.

“Ha! You recklessly drive that I almost got hit.” Ri In replied back to him and rolled her eyes.

“Ri In, I’m sure Junsu didn’t mean to hurt your feelings at that time.” Yunho said calmly to her.

“Oppa, she’s your secretary, right?” Taeyeon suddenly asked Yunho.

“Ah, yeah. Why?”

“So that means Ri In-sshi is the one responsible for our schedules, right?”

“Yes, that’s true.”

Ri In’s eyes widen once again as what Yunho just said. “That means I’m also responsible to them?” she asked herself.

“Sir, I don’t understand.” she blurted suddenly. Yunho just smiled and faced him.

“Sorry, I forgot to tell you. You’ll take part like you’re their manager. So you’ll be the one responsible for them. I believe you have the ability to do it.” Yunho said to her. When he said he believes in her abilities, she was really overwhelmed by it. Nevertheless, she’ll be seeing Junsu and that upsets her. She doesn’t like his attitude in the first place.

“Oh, that’s okay sir. Bu—“

“Good then. I’ll be leaving them under your care now. I’ll be meeting someone today.”

With that, Yunho went out of her office leaving Ri In alone with the two. Their was an awkward silence between them and they were just standing on their places.

“Ri In-sshi?” Taeyeon suddenly said which made Ri In surprised and looked at her shyly.

“Yes?” Ri In replied hesitantly.

“I apologize for my brother’s attitude towards you. He’s just really rude towards girls.” She said while bowing.

“Yah, why are you apologizing to her?” Junsu suddenly blurted out and glared at Ri In.

“I’m just being nice. Besides, she’ll be with us too often from now on so it’ll be better if we establish a good foundation of companionship with her.” Taeyeon explained to Junsu. He just rolled his eyes and looked at some place in a room.

“Fine. Whatever.” Then he sits down on the sofa once again and just listen some music on his iPod.

“Ugh! This Junsu is so full of himself! He better thank Taeyeon or I had kicked his long time ago! Hmph!” Ri In thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Yunho is on his way to the airport. His grandfather asked him to fetch someone.

He went immediately to a waiting area and looked carefully to the person to arrive. Later on, he saw a figure which was really familiar to him. Tall, wearing shades and a bonnet. He smiled to himself and waved a bit for him to be noticed.

The person noticed him and went to the place where he stands. Taking off his shades, he looked at him and smiled.

“How are you hyung?” the guy asked.

“Fine. I didn’t expect you to arrive this morning. You didn’t even call me last night.” Yunho informed him.

“Oh, haha. Sorry about that. It was sudden too. Grandpa called me yesterday to come back today. I asked him why and he just told me that I’ll know if I travel back here. Too bad, my stay in Moscow was cut short again.” He sighed after saying his last statement.

“Maybe it’s an urgent matter that’s why he asked you to come back.”

“Yeah, It better be.”

After that, the both of them ride the car and went to the mansion. They arrived and meet their grandpa in his office. They knocked first before entering.

The late CEO was reading something on the newspaper when he noticed someone entered his office. He stood up and welcomed the newly arrived grandson.

“Ah, Changmin, it’s good you came back. I have something important to tell you.”

Changmin and Yunho just looked at each other in confusion and looked at their grandfather again.

“Hmm, what is it?” Changmin asked.

“Since the vice president’s position is available, I’m appointing you to be one from now on.”

Changmin’s eyes widen in surprise. Those things aren’t his field of expertise. Well, he and Yunho studied together about business but Changmin wasn’t really into it. His interest was all about travelling and discovering new things around the world. Now, his plans are all shattered.

“What?! But I’m not capable of this position. Why me of all people?!” Changmin blurted out.

“I want the both of you to manage the company since I have already retired from my position. In case you don’t know, Yunho is the current CEO of the company.”

Changmin looked at Yunho in shock. “What?!” then looked at his grandpa once again. “I’m still 21 years old while hyung is still 24. We’re still too young to handle that kind of work.”

The late CEO took a deep breath before speaking. “You should understand that I’m doing this not just for me but for the both of you. You can’t change my mind anymore. I’m putting you on the position.”

“But—“

“That’s final.” Their grandfather said.

Yunho and Changmin went out of the office and sighed deeply.


The following day, Changmin woke up early and took a bath. He dressed like Yunho and fixed himself before eating breakfast.

“It’s gonna be a long, long day everyday.” He blurted out while on the car.

“Don’t worry, just tell me if you encounter problems.” Yunho assured him.

“Thanks hyung.” He replied.

They arrived at the tenth floor and Changmin just followed behind Yunho. Everyone noticed him since his face was new there.

“Everyone. Yesterday, Kim Junsu and Kim Taeyeon arrived here and became our official endorsers. Now, there will be a new member of this company. He is also the late CEO’s grandson. Shim Changmin.”

Changmin bowed to everyone and introduced himself.

“From now on, he will be the vice president. I know it’s too sudden but it was already decided by our grandfather.”

Everyone whispered to each other in surprise. Things happened simultaneously.


After the introductions, they went to Yunho’s office first. Then came a knock.

“Sir, you called us?” Eun Hye said while entering. Ri In and Yeonhee followed behind her.

“Ah, yes. Can I ask you a favor?”

“What is it?” Eun Hye asked.

“Since the new vice president is still not aware of the things in the company, I ask for your assistance to help me guide him.” Yunho said with a smile.

“Oh, alright.”She nodded in agreement.

“So, Changmin feel free to ask me or them if you need anything, okay?”

“Okay.” Changmin replied as he looked at Eun Hye. She looks familiar to him but he doesn’t know where he met her.