Chapter 14

Blind Date


A Fashion Summit was held at Korea in collaboration with Chinese and Korean industry. A lot of people gathered. There were also important guests that will hold workshops later on. A runway was arranged from the stage towards the middle of the hall.

Jaejoong, Boa and Yoochun attended the said event. Yoochun was separated from them a little later since the organizer of the event called for him.

Boa was looking around since the event hasn't started yet and saw a familiar figure approaching while looking at the stage.

"EunHyuk?" He quickly turned his head towards her and felt startled.

"Hey Boa, how are you doing? I haven't seen you for years." he responded with an excitement tone.

"I'm doing really good. How about you?" she saw the ID he has and it says he's a chinese representative. "So you've been in China all this time?"

"Ahh yes. I prefer to be there actually. I've been there for five years already running my own clothing line."

Boa's eyes widened in surprise. "You're own clothing line? Wow. That's big time."

"Yeah. Well, nice seeing you here. They are calling for me."

"Alright. See you." They bid goodbye to each other and she went to the booths hanging at the corner near the entrance.

Various brands and companies were featured and there was also a vanity wall. A lot of people were around there as well.

Boa looked on one of the booths that was crowded among the rest and people just kept talking about it. She was curious and made her way through the crowd. She was shocked to see the poster. A Chinese company named YCore was featured maintaining the first spot in Asia for five years in terms of sales and popularity.

"Woah. Their Creative Director is possibly here. I better get contact." she mumbled with herself and immediately went back inside since the program is about to start.

First off were fashion shows featuring the Korean brands. Yoochun's company placed second among the people's choice according to surveys both online and in stores so their creations were featured during the fashion show. Boa and Jaejoong's company, on the other hand, were invited for the first time in this collaboration Fashion Summit so their bosses sent them as representatives.

The Korean artist Ailee performed her song I Will Show You.

Afterwards was a Conference featuring the Korean companies. Flyers were distributed as well as the latest Korean Fashion Magazine.

"For our first speaker tonight, please help me welcome the Executive Director of EG Industries, Mr. Park Yoochun."

Boa's eyes widen and just clapped her hands together with everyone. She then whispered something to Jaejoong before they were seated.

"Hey Jae, does Yoochun really has that influence?"

Jaejoong just smirked and looked at her. "Yes. He's actually an in demand individual to some Summits within Asia every now and then."

"Ohhh." she just nodded and looked at him on stage. He was speaking professionally unlike the person she knew.

The moment he was done, Boa tried to flip some pages of the magazine that was distributed to them. She found EG Industries' corner and a short note from Yoochun together with a decent picture of him. She read it and nodded by herself.

"Impressed?"

"Yeah. I'm actually surprised." she anwered immediately and flipped on the next page.

"You're falling for me now?" 

Those words snapped Boa to her senses and finally turned her face the side and saw Yoochun sitting next to her. Her expression changed immediately.

"Definitely not." She smiled to him sarcastically.

"Awweee, lover's quarrel." Jaejoong commented with an amused look at the both of them.

"Yeah. She expresses her love like that." Yoochun just grinned and winked at her.

There was a guest performer right before the Korean Fashion session ended. It was Se7en with his latest song Give it to Me.


The Chinese fashion show followed after the introductions and welcoming remarks. A creative but short traditional Chinese dance was performed next with the use of their traditional umbrella as props. It was simple but beautiful.

"We are honored that one of the successful fashion company in China for five years is here with us. They are currently planning to expand in Europe this year. Please help me welcome YCore's creative director, Mr. Lee Hyuk Jae. Popularly known as Eunhyuk by the industry."

Everyone clapped and as Eunhyuk walked across the isle.

"Thank you everyone. It's a pleasure to be back here after quite a while. I even came across with a Korean colleague earlier and I'm just happy."

Eunhyuk found Boa sitting on one of the tables with Yoochun and Jaejoong. He locked his attention to her with a smile while saying those words.

'Am I the one he's talking about?' Boa thought when she noticed his gaze towards her. She just smiled back and bowed lightly. On the other hand, Eunhyuk then proceeded with his speech.

Boa cleared after that and focused her attention on the Summit. She felt shivers on her spine like someone was staring at her.

"This is weird." she commented and sighed.

"What is?"

She immediately looked on her side and forgot that Yoochun was sitting there. He was looking at her weirdly with a hand suporting his chin.

"N-Nothing. Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're the Korean colleague he was talking about." Yoochun answered quickly still with a weird facial expression.

"So what? And besides, how can I be sure of that? He may have bumped into some friends here before we bumped into each other earlier."

"Really?" he sounded like he wasn't convinced.

Boa wasn't sure on how to react because his expression was just too neutral at that time that she can't decipher it properly. She was about to speak when someone called Yoochun.

"Excuse me Mr. Park, the workshop and open forum will follow shortly. Please follow me." A female attendant said behind him and he immediately turned his head and nodded.

"Alright." He immediately stood up and followed her.

Boa just shrugged her shoulders and ignored him. "Never mind him. What I need to do now is to talk to Eunhyuk after this."

The event went on smoothly. There were a lot of creative minds in one place so everyone took the chance to get ideas from the speakers earlier through the workshop and open forum to address their questions. A system was implemented by the organizers so that the event won't become chaotic and hassle.
 



The Fashion Summit collaboration ended well. Dinner was served on each table afterwards. The speakers also went back to where they were seated after tokens were given to them.

"Hey Jae, are you okay?" Jaejoong was staring blankly on his food.

"You know what, I've decided to aim to be part of the Top influential fashion icons in Asia. I got a long way to go so... " He then held his spoon and fork. "...I should eat well and take care of myself." Jaejoong smiled to Boa and eat his dinner with a serious look.

"Sure Jae. You have my support on that!" Boa smiled to him and showed him a two thumbs up. Jaejoong replied with two thumbs up and couple of nods.

She was encouraged by Jaejoong's determination to succeed. Looking at Yoochun approaching to their table, she wondered how he managed to make a name in this industry. Even though he has a playboy attitude, she can tell that he's a smart one when it comes to business knowing that he has this influence within Asia.

Yoochun caught her looking at him and just took a seat beside her.

"How did you do it?" she immediately blurted out and he was somewhat confused. She even noticed the token and brand giveaways he brought with him.

"Do what?"

"That. All of it. How did you create a name in this industry?"

Yoochun's eyes widen in surprise upon hearing her words since she was serious. He just smiled at her and sighed.

"If you really want it that bad, you make ways to make it happen. That is if you're willing to take big risks. The industry isn't really that fair like everyone thinks."

Yoochun's tone was serious and at the same time amused. "You should loosen up then if you're aiming on something that big." he added and patted her shoulder before eating his dinner.

"Alright. I'll take that by heart." she replied and started to eat as well.

Yoochun was so amused by her seriousness and asking him for the first time about business.

Later on, when they were about to leave and Boa was getting her things, she saw Eunhyuk coming towards her direction.

"Hey Eunhyuk. Congratulatons by the way." She offered to shake hands with him and he delightedly accepted it.

"Yeah. Thanks Boa. I was really working hard."

"Wow you're really passionate as always. I was wondering if I can ask for your help since I'm planning to venture to China one of these days."

"Really? Of course. Here's my calling card. We have people who can assist you." he said while reaching out his card to her.

"Oh, thank you very much Eunhyuk. I'll contact you for sure."

"Sure. No problem. It was nice seeing you again after quite a while. See you again soon." After that they bid goodbye to each other.

She sighed deeply and drank the water on her table.

"I'm bound for China next week. Wanna come?" She almost choked from his words and just looked at her side. Yoochun was standing beside her with a plain expression. 

"W-What? Seriously?" she uttered under her breath while clearing .

Yoochun just nodded and gave her something. "Here. I'm given an invitation earlier to be a guest judge in their annual Fashion design contest. Surely, that guy will be there as well."

Boa was in awe of what he said and she knew that he was talking about Eunhyuk. She got the invitation and read it for a while but Yoochun took it away in a snap.

"Heyyy." she whinned and looked at him with a confused face.

"In one condition." he blurted out with a smirk. "We need a model to feature on that event."

"Okay. I knew a lot of models you can contact for that. I can help you with that." Then she started to scan her contacts. Yoochun held her phone's screen and it made her look at him. "What are you doing?"

"What I mean is I want you to be the featured model for us."

Boa looked at him with a raised brow. "You're kidding, right? I don't even qualify in terms of height. Besides, that's a big event. You're risking your name you know."

He held her shoulders and looked at her intently. "Hon, listen. You're perfect for it. You see, the event's aim doesnt' feature the standard models the industry is looking for. It's all about confidence."

She looked at him with hesitation. "I"m not sure. I'll ask permission with my boss first. It's a bit sudden."

"I'll take care of that. Let me talk to her." He immediately grabbed her phone and looked for her boss number on her contacts. Then he went away for a while and had a conversation over the phone.

She was crossing her arms and wondered what they were talking about. After a few minutes, Yoochun looked at her and smiled then ended their conversation. He went to her and returned her phone. "She agreed. So there's no problem now."

"Woah, woah. Wait a minute. How did you manage to let her agree?"

"It's a secret for now." He said and winked at her. "Let's go." he blurted out and grabs her hand going to the elevator.

As they were the last persons to enter the elevator, Eunhyuk was with them as well going to the ground floor.

"Hi there." Eunhyuk greeted them with a bow.

"Oh hi Eunhyuk." Boa greeted him with a smile while Yoochun just bowed to him.

"Mr. Park, it was a pleasure to finally meet you today." Eunhyuk said while offering for a handshake to him.

"Sure. It's my pleasure as well Mr. Lee." He accepted the gesture. "I see that you and my girlfriend are old friends."

That made Boa surprised and she squeezed Yoochun's hand that was still holding hers. He then looked at her and smirked while she was giving him a look of 'Don't do something stupid.'

"Yeah. We actually went to the same University before. I was happy to see her today after a long time."

"Yeah. She just told me earlier about it. Such a small world alright." Yoochun replied shortly as the elevator opened and they all went out..

Eunhyuk then noticed that they were holding hands. "I wish the both of you well."

"You too Eunhyuk. Have a safe flight back." Boa exclaimed. Then Eunhyuk went on ahead of them.

Boa immediately let go from his grip. "What was that about earlier?"

"What? That was just casual talking." Yoochun replied with an innocent look and raised both his hands.

"But tell me, you two have a history, right?" he added and looked at her suspiciously. Boa shot him a glare. "I can tell. I'm a man you know."

She just rolled her eyes and walked ahead of him. "It's all in the past already."

Yoochun was amused and just followed behind. "Okay. I trust that you won't cheat on me." he said with a smirk.

Boa was about to say something when someone called them.

"Hey you guys. Let's go home already." Jaejoong waved at them. He was standing outside their service.

"We're coming." Yoochun waved at him and held Boa's shoulders. She just looked at him with a wry smile.
 

 

 

 

Ri In flew back to her hometown in China after the Japan trip. Yunho even gave her an allowance to buy something for her family.

She was already in a taxi going to their house and surprisingly there was a mini tv in it. It is currently flashed on the news about Entertainment and she just watched while relaxing from the flight and drinking her coffee. Then an image was flashed that made her eyes widen and almost choke.

Ri In coughed and rubbed her eyes. "Twin Voices to debut in China?!" she exclaimed that made the driver startled. "Oh, I'm so sorry sir."

The driver chuckled. "It's okay Miss. Do you know them? My daughter keeps talking about them since the release of their music video teaser this week."

She just cleared and calmed herself. "W-Well sort of. They just made a comeback in Korea and they're kinda popular there."

"Oh really? There's a chance that this duo will be successful here as well." 

"Ahh yeah." Ri In agreed with a tone of hesitation. It was awkward for her.

'Never mind that. They're not even aware that I'm here right now so I have nothing to do about their business here.' she thought and shoved the thought about it.

Not for long, she finally arrived at their house. She pushed the door bell and her mom greeted her happily.

"Ohh you're finally here, sweetie." 

"Hi mom." Ri In greeted her and hugged her tight. "I missed you."

"We missed you here. Your father is inside waiting for you. Chen hasn't come home yet from an errand."

They both went inside their house. Her mom went to the kitchen while she went to the living room. Ri In saw his father sitting at the sofa and watching the television.

"Dad, I'm home." she greeeted and it made him turn his head towards her.

"Ri In, sweetie? Is that you?" He exclaimed while holding on to his cane.

"Yes, it's me." She ran towards him and hugged him gently. "How have you been doing with mom and Chen here, Dad?" Ri In then sat beside him while still embracing him.

"We're doing fine. Don't worry so much." he replied and placed his hand on her shoulder. "I"m so happy that you're here but it's unfortunate this time since I can't see my beautiful daughter's face anymore."

"Awwee, dad. Don't say that. You'll make me cry." She said and hugged him tightly this time. "I just want to spend time with you here since I only have a few days here to stay."

Then the door opened. "Mom! We need to --- Oh big sis! You're finally here!" 

"Hey Chen!" Ri In rushed towards him and they did a handshake greeting like they always did. "How have you been? You're already surpassed me in height."

"Well, I'm healthy and handsome as always."

Ri in sighed deeply and laughed. "Oh my. It's so windy here."

Then he suddenly held her right hand. "You're not married yet?"

She immediately withdraws her hand from him. "Hey! What's the big deal?"

"But you have a boyfriend, right?" He asked immediately with a tone of curiosity. Ri in just looked at him with intersecting brows. 

"What's with you, Chen? Is that how you treat your sister after quite a while?"

Chen just crossed his arms and sat across their dad. "I'm just being practical you know. You're a hardworking woman when it comes to work so how come you don't have a love life?"

"Agghhh! Cut it out will you?" Then Ri In just squeezed her brother's cheeks. 

"Heeeyy!! Cut it out! It hurts!" Chen protested. Their dad was just watching them with an amused look.

"Alright you two. Dinner's ready." their mom interrupted and they all ate together.

Chen the television and a Chinese drama was aired. 

"Ohhh, I miss watching these." Ri In commented and continued watching while they eat. Then here comes a commercial break. It was a music video feature. She saw a familiar face and almost choked from her food.

"Oh sweetie, are you okay?" Her mom asked and offered her water.

"Yes mom. Thanks."
 
Ri In watched the whole ad. It was the music video teaser of Junsu and Taeyeon's upcoming debut in China. It says that they're gonna release the full MV at midnight later and was set to go live tomorrow afternoon in a Music Show.

"These Korean singers have been in tv for a few days now." Chen commented.

"Really?" She just continued eating while they were talking.

"Yeah. The girl is quite cute you know."

"She's actually very kind in person."

"Really? Did you actually met them in Korea sis?" Chen asked curiously. Ri In realized what she just said and drank water first.

"Oh uhmm, I actually saw interviews of them and that made me create an impression of her. That's all." She said casually. He might react if she actually say that they are working together with the company she's in.

"Right. I bet they will succeed here as well." Her mom added and just smiled.

Ri In nodded in agreement as they continued their family bond at dinner.
 


The next day, Ri In went to the mall to buy some stuff for her family using the allowance Yunho gave her.

"God is so good to me. I even have a kind and generous boss." She blurted out and smiled while going in happily at the department store.

There were a lot of people that time. "Maybe there's a sale going on." She made her way through the crowd and saw people lining up. Ri In was confused so she finally asked someone.

"Uhm excuse me, Miss. Can you tell me what's going on in here?"

 "There's a promotional event going on. They're giving out limited edition sponsored items with their autographs."

"Ohhh, okay. Thank you." She immediately stood aside and thought for a while. She saw a poster of the Twin voices at the front line area. 'Their debut has been giving a big impact in the people here.' she thought.

Ri In can see Taeyeon and Junsu from her position who were busy writing autographs. She was about to get out from the whole commotion when she tripped on one of the mannequins and that caused the other three beside it to fall. She landed with her on the ground. Everyone on line looked onto her direction and there eyes were all locked on her. 

"Ouch. My back hurts." She was about to stand but noticed her arm had a cut. Everyone in there was talking about her. "This is embarrassing. I better get out of here."

She supported herself to stand and later noticed that her knee had an small abrasion and a bruise. She was about to go when someone called her.

"Miss? Are you okay?" 

"Yes, I'm fi ---" She replied and faced the person calling her. Her words stopped as they looked at each other eye to eye.

Junsu was shocked to see her and gave her a look of 'What are you doing here?'

'Oh crap.' she thought. Ri In cleared and dusted her clothes. Then body guards followed at the scene.

"Miss, we'll you with us. You're causing a scene here."  One of the body guards said.

"No, no please. She's with us. She just arrived here." Junsu immediately added. Ri In looked at Junsu with a confused look..

"Ah Y-Y.es. I'm their Chinese translator and tour guide. They notified me just this morning that's why I was late." She felt thankful that her mind and words were cooperating right now. Ri In just smiled towards the body guard then at Junsu.

"Is that true, Mr. Kim?"

"Y-Yeah. My manager did mentioned this morning about that. I'm sorry I forgot to tell you to watch out when she comes." Junsu replied.

"Here's my passport if you want an ID sir." She showed it to them and they seem to believe what she was saying since it says that she's a Chinese citizen.

"Okay Miss. We're sorry. Please let us assist you at the clinic to to treat your wounds."

"Ah it's okay. I'm also at fault. Thank you sir."

Junsu went near her and whispered something. "Stay at the clinic for a while. We're almost done here anyway. Let's talk later."



Ri In stayed at the clinic for thirty minutes before Junsu and Taeyeon's team arrived.

"Ri In-sshi! Are you alright?" Taeyeon said worriedly and hugged her the moment she saw her.

"Yeah. I'm okay. It's just minor wounds."

Junsu talked to the body guards and they all went out. 

"So what are you doing here? Yunho didn't say anything that you'll accompany us or something like that." Junsu finally asked with crossed arms.

"I live here, okay? I'm on vacation for a few days. I just happen to came across your promotional event here.".

"Ohh right. You're Chinese. Yunho did mention it." Taeyeon suddenly remembered.

Ri In suddenly stood up and faced Junsu. "Thank you Mr. Kim for saving me back there." she said and bowed to him.
 
Junsu stared at her and smiled lightly. "No problem. But you should be firm with your words back there about being our translator and tour guide."

"Since it's our first time here, we don't really know where to go especially on some beautiful places here. So please be with us while we're here? I'll be more secured if I have a friend with me in an unfamiliar place." Taeyeon added and convinced her with a cute expression. Ri in looked at her with hesitation and looked back at Junsu who was just waiting for her answer.

"Alright, Alright. Deal."

Taeyeon immediately hugged her happily. "Yay!! Thanks Ri In!"