Chapter 2

Blind Date

 

We were just quiet after sitting. I forgot to mention that he’s wearing glasses and it really fits him and he looks mature with it. Plus the white polo topped with horizontal-stiped long sleeves made him look a bit nerdy.

“Mianhe, Eun Hye-sshi. It wasn’t my intention to be in this situation. I hope you won’t hate me or something.” He said after a few minutes of silence.

“Oh, I don’t hate you. Honestly, I was surprised when my friend told me that she arranged me to something like this. I don’t want to disappoint her so I decided to come.”

He chuckled and nodded after what I said.

Then I heard someone’s phone ringing. He reached for his pocket and answered it.

“Yeobseoyo...yeah… now?..oh, I see... wait a minute.”

He looked at me and spoke. “Uhm, is it okay if I go first? I have an important appointment.”

“Yeah, sure. I understand.” I replied immediately. If it’s business, I understand all about it.

Then he go back to his phone conversation. “Okay. I’ll be there in ten minutes. Bye.” And he ended the call.

Then, we went out of the restaurant together. I stood before my car and deactivate the security alarm in it.

“Woah, cool car. So, where are you heading now?”

“Oh, thanks. Hmm, I guess I’ll go home and do what I usually do.”

“Alright then. Go home safely, okay?”

I just nod at him and he just smiled at me in return. He walked away from me and went in to a black car then he drove off.

I, too, went in to my car. I put the white rose on the seat beside me.

“Well, that experience wasn’t so bad although it was just a short time because of some circumstances.”

After that, I drove off and went home.

Few hours later, I was resting in my room when my phone rang and I answered it immediately.

“Yeobse—“

“Eun Hye! How was the blind date?”

Hmm, as expected, it’s Boa. And her loud voice can make me deaf.

“Oh..don’t shout, okay? Well, it was…okay.”

“Okay? What kind of okay?”

“Well, it was only a short while since he has an important appointment to go to.”

“Is that so? But tell me, what kind of guy is he?”

“Hmmm, he’s nice and gentle. He wears glasses that add up to his good-looking face. That’s all I can say.”

“Ooh, really? I hope I could meet him some time.”

“About that, I don’t know if I could meet him again, Boa. Besides, I’m too busy for those things.”

“Oh man. Here you go again. I’m gonna hang up now, I still have some things to do. Bye.”

“Okay. Bye.”

After that, I just lay on my bed and sighed.

[-End of Eun Hye’s pov-]


2 days later...

There was a party held for the CEO that night. All were present dressed in formal attires. All the employees of the company and the associate companies are there too.

Eun Hye just arrived and walked towards the hall.

Then she saw Boa and went to her.

“Hey, Boa.” She greeted.

Boa turned to face her and smiled upon seeing that it was Eun Hye.

“Oh, finally you’re here. Wow, you look hot, girl. I bet someone’s gonna date you after this.” Boa said reassuringly.

Eun Hye's outfit

“What are you talking about? I think it’s gonna be you who’s gonna have one. You look so cute on that dress.” Eun Hye said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Boa's outfit and bag

“Well, it would be better if the two of us will have our own date..hahaha.”

“Okay, we’re not here for some birthday party. The CEO’s gonna be here and it’s his farewell party. Even so, we better act professionals in the business field. You know that I hate criticisms.” Eun Hye said which made Boa pout.

“Why are you all serious? It’s not like we’re doing something bad.” Then she suddenly remembered something. “ Oh, yeah. I wanna tell you something.”

“Hm? What is it?”

“They said that the CEO will introduce his grandson tonight. Well, I just heard it from the employees a while ago.” Boa whispered to her.

“Oh, Really? I wonder what he’s gonna be.” Eun Hye said while wondering his mind.

“If THAT is true, we’ll be able to know him tonight. Well, first impressions last, right?”

“Yeah, I guess. I’m gonna go to the bathroom first, okay?”

‘Okay.”

Eun Hye went to the bathroom and fixed his appearance. It will just be around 15 minutes before the CEO comes out on the stage.

When she came out, he saw a familiar figure going out of a car from the parking lot. She can’t seem to see his face because he was facing back. He went to the back door which leads to the back stage of the hall. He was accompanied by two guys in a black suit.

“Who was that?” she thought. But just ignored it and went back inside the hall.

She went to Boa who was sitting in a table all by herself and sit beside her.

Eun Hye took a glass of wine from the waitress who was passing by. Then suddenly the lights were off and it shifted to the stage. Everyone’s attention was focused on the stage. The CEO came out and everyone clapped their hands.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I thank you all for coming tonight. I would never forget the experience I obtained and the friends I’ve gained during the time I’ve managed the company.” He paused for a while and showed a warm smile to everyone. “For the main event this evening, I have a very important announcement.”

Everyone is whispering about it, curious on what it would be.

“Boa, I think what you heard was right.”

“Yeah, I think so too.”

“I would like to introduce my grandson to you all tonight.” Then he signaled someone to come from the side.

When he went out, everyone were having whispers and little talks about his grandson.

“OH.MY.GOD. It can’t be.” Eun Hye covered his mouth in disbelief.

“What is it, Eun Hye?” Boa asked in curiousity.

“Ladies and gentlemen, my grandson, Jung Yunho.”

Then everyone clapped except for Eun Hye who was still surprised.

“Boa, that guy was my blind date.”

“What?!” as Boa’s eyes widen in surprise.