Chapter 12

Blind Date

 

Hi there~ It's been a long time since I updated this story and I really apologize. T__T Got some really important matters to do. Anyway, this story might end up soon so I'm working on it. I frantically ran out of ideas so I would appreciate your suggestions and feedbacks. Sooo Enjoy! :))

---------------------------------------------------------------------
 

 

“You’re not possibly thinking of work at this moment, right? Yoochun’s gonna be sad if I were him.”

 

Eun Hye looked back and saw Yunho walking beside her. She just smiled lightly and took a sip of champagne.

 

“I’m just thinking…if I could go back to the time when I was still with him.” She said while looking straight on a distance.

 

Yunho looked at her with a curious look. “Who’s he?”

 

Eun Hye wasn’t on her mind when she said those things a while ago and snapped back to reality.

 

“Oh…I’m sorry if I’m blabbering some words without thinking.” She apologized and bowed to him.

 

He smiled at her reaction. “You really are one mysterious woman.”

 

“Huh?”

 

‘Aish Eun Hye. You should watch your mouth.’ She thought.

 

“I…want to ask you something.” Yunho suddenly said. “Are you really princess?”

 

She immediately looked at him in surprise. “By any chance… do you know anything on what happened to Hao-chan?”

 

Yunho sighed deeply and felt awkward.

 

“Hey Yunho-sshi~!” Yoochun suddenly called and went to them. “What are you guys doing here? Let’s go inside.”

 

After that, he held both of their shoulders and led them inside the house.

 

‘This person…there’s something about him that I don’t know.’ Eun Hye thought.

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

“Good night guys. Thanks for coming.” Yoochun finally bid goodbye to them as he accompanied them outside of their house.

 

The rest of them were on their cars aside from Boa. “You didn’t bring your car?”

 

“How can I? I was inside a gift remember? My car was left outside the condo.”

 

He chuckled towards her explanation. “Oh okay. It’s really dangerous for you to be alone in a taxi this late. Let me drive you to the condo.”

 

After that he immediately went to his car. “H-Hey! Wait. I can take care of myself really.”

 

But Yoochun already drove towards him and signaled her to go in the car. Boa sighed deeply and showed him a sign that there’s no need.

 

He opened the other door at the driver’s seat and looked at her. “Come on. I’m not accepting a no.”

 

She looked at him for a while. “Alright. But this will be the last time. You can’t force me anymore if this happens again.”

 

Then she went in the car as Yoochun drove her home. Not for long, they arrived in front of the building.

 

“Thanks. Good night.” She said before going in the building and heading towards the elevator.

 

It was already 10:38pm when Boa took a quick bath and change to her black tank top and pajamas. She went to sit on the couch and the TV.

 

“Such a long day.” She exclaimed.

 

*DING* *DONG*

 

She wondered who it was since its already late which made her eyebrows meet.  She opened the door slightly and sneaked.

 

“What are you doing here? It’s already late. You should go home now.” Boa exclaimed as she saw Yoochun smiling at her.

 

He opened the door wide and was astounded by her look as he looks at her from head to foot.

 

“What?!” Then she suddenly snapped on a notion and covered her chest with his hands. “You ert!”

 

Boa was about to close the door when he blocked it.

 

“I’m sorry, okay? Can I come in now? Please.”

 

Later part, the two of them are sitting across each other at the living room. “I thought you had a card key here.”

 

“I left it at home that’s why I was forced to ring the doorbell.”

 

“Okaaayyy…So, what’s the reason you are here?”

 

“Don’t you want me here?” He said teasingly.

 

“It’s already late you know. We should be resting at this hour.” Boa said as she crossed her arm and thought of a possible reason. “Don’t tell me you’re gonna sleep here tonight?”

 

“You can say that again.” Yoochun smiled at her while her face is having a crisis of reaction. “I want to sleep beside you, Minnie~.”

 

“Sh*t! No way you ert!” She yelped in disagreement.

 

“This will decide for that.” He suddenly showed her a coin. “If it’s heads I will sleep at the other room but if it’s gonna be tails then I’ll sleep beside you whether you like it or not.”

 

He smiled wickedly as Boa’s face can’t be deciphered. “Fine. What have I done to suffer like this?”

 

Then Yoochun flipped the coin as it landed on his palm. “AHA!”

 

Boa’s eyes widen as she ran towards her room immediately and locked it. “No Yoochun is allowed here!”

 

“Oh come on. Open up. That was a fair play.” He exclaimed while knocking on the door.

 

“Right. Maybe you cast a spell on the coin that it took your side.”

 

“What?” he laughed hysterically with what she just said. “What the?! HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!”

 

‘He’s starting to be crazy.’ She thought. Later he calmed down from his laughter.

 

“Promise I won’t do anything bad to you. I just want to sleep here tonight ‘cause…I don’t like the feeling of being alone at home.”

 

Boa noticed that he was serious with what he said just now. She slowly opened the door and looked at him.

 

“But don’t you ever lay a finger on me.” She pointed her index finger at him.

 

“I won’t. Don’t worry.” He said with a reassuring smile as he held her hand and put it down.

 

“Wow. In just a short time, your smell is already circulating.” Yoochun blurted while covering himself with the comforter.

 

“Right. And I feel comfortable that it does. It smells better than before.” She turned to face him after looking at herself on the mirror.

 

Then she came to sit beside him on the bed feeling anxious. “Oh yeah. I want to ask you something. Who was that girl’s voice that I heard when you called me last time?”

 

Yoochun smirked towards her curiosity. “Well…it’s a secret.”

 

Boa frowned and her eyebrows met. “Right. I’m just asking. I’ll sleep first okay. Night.” She finally said and lies on the bed with her back facing him.

 

‘Hmph. This guy. Why do I even care?’ She thought as she closed her eyes.

 

He adjusted his position and turned to her side where he can see her back. “Hey.”

 

“What?” she replied without changing her position.

 

“You know your back is so y.”

 

She faced him and sat on the bed giving him a weird look. “You’re just tired. Sleep now, okay?”

 

“But the view is ier now that you’re looking at me now.” Yoochun blurted out with a smirk and winked at her.

 

“Gosh. Stop it, okay?” Boa hit his forehead real hard.

 

“OUCH! What kind of hand is that?! You hit like there’s a fly on my head.” He yelped in pain while holding onto his forehead.

 

“That’s for you being so…so…UUUGHHH!!” She hit him with a pillow this time. But Yoochun managed to grab her pillow and pulled her towards him. Her eyes widen towards his actions.

 

Their faces were just inches from each other. She blinked twice and still in the state of shock. Her arms were even on his shoulders without her noticing.

 

“Is this the way…you’re teasing me? Because it’s really effective.” He blurted out with a seducing voice.

 

Yoochun held some strands of hair that’s blocking her face and put it at the back of her ear. Then he held her right cheek.

 

“I-I’m not. I-It was an accident.”

 

He traced her lips with his index finger and thumb. “Your lips are so tempting, do you know that?”

 

Boa immediately backed away from him and avoided eye contact with him. “It’s late. We should sleep now.”

 

She was about to turn around when he pulled her again towards him and planted a kiss on the side of her lips. “Good night.”

 

After that, Yoochun finally lied on the bed and closed his eyes.

 

Boa was still dumbfounded with what just happened. She touched the side of her lips where he kissed her.

 

Then it hit her. “What the hell did you just do?!” she yelled and hit him with a pillow but he wasn’t responding to it and just closed his eyes religiously.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

After office hours, Changmin came to see Eun Hye at her office.

 

“Hi Ms. Yoon. Do you have anything to do after?” Changmin said after coming in.

 

She looked at him in surprise. “Hmmm, I don’t have any appointment after this. Why?”

 

“I just want to invite you for dinner at our house. Just a little banquet for our Grandpa’s birthday. He asked me to invite you personally since only selected people are chosen to come.”

 

She immediately looked at the calendar at the corner. “Oh God. I completely forgot about that. Okay, I’ll go.”

 

Changmin showed a smile and put his hands on his pocket. “Alright. Is it okay if we’ll go ahead first? We need to welcome some guests.”

 

“That’s okay. Don’t worry, I’ll come.” She said reassuringly.

 

“See you later then.” After that, he left her office.

 

Eun hye kept her things first and retouched her make up. Then she immediately drove off to the former CEO’s house.

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

At the banquet, only few guests were invited which were mostly close friends and relatives of the family.

 

Yunho and Changmin were also there to greet the guests and accommodate them.

 

Eun Hye arrived and saw Ri In eating at a corner. Ri In immediately noticed her and came to greet her.

 

“Oh Miss Yoon.  You finally arrived.” Ri In said and searched for the two men. She found Changmin first  so she came near him and informed him that Eun Hye’s already there.

 

“Hi princess.” Changmin greeted her with a smile and guided her inside the mansion.

 

 His grandpa was talking with a few guests when he approached him. Then Changmin whispered something to his ear.

 

“Excuse me for a minute.” The former CEO excused himself and went to his office. Changmin and Eun Hye followed.

 

“Where’s Yunho hyung?” Changmin asked as the door flew open which reveals the person he was looking for.

 

It was only the four of them inside the room. “Please take a seat.” the former CEO said and they did what was told.

 

“Miss Yoon, I’m pleased to see you again.”

 

“Same here sir. By the way, Happy birthday.” She bowed in respect and flashed a smile. The former CEO smiled with her greetings.

 

“Grandpa, what’s this all about? I mean gathering the three of us here?” Yunho blurted out of curiosity.

 

“You know something about Hao-chan, right?” Eun Hye added. Changmin and Yunho looked at her with confusion.

 

“His real name is Jung Haoyun and he is Yunho’s identical twin. I’m sorry but he passed away in a car accident, princess.”

 

“Harabeoji…” Changmin uttered.

 

“W-What?” Eun Hye couldn’t believe what she just heard. “Yunho is his brother?”

 

The former CEO nodded. “The truth is Yunho was in that car accident too. But then, the twins were in critical condition that time. Yunho was a sick child back then compared to Haoyun. But at that time, Yunho had the higher chance of living since Haoyun’s body gave up too soon and the doctors couldn’t do anything for him anymore.”

 

Then he walked a bit closer to her.

 

“Princess, Yunho had a weak heart from the start and I agreed on having a heart transplant when I knew the situation. Haoyun’s heart is with him now.”

 

He sighed deeply and looked at Yunho then at Eun Hye. “I told Yunho that he’ll be the one to tell you everything but I realized that it would be better if the truth will come from me since I witnessed  what happened.”

 

“So I’ll leave you guys to talk for now. I need to be present at the banquet.” He smiled and finally left the room.

 

“Thank you, sir.” She uttered in relief.

 

Eun Hye looked at Yunho in a while and he did the same to her. “I’m sorry you didn’t have the chance to meet Haoyun because of what happened.”

 

She shook her head and smiled at him. “Don’t be sorry. He’s been with us all this time.”

 

Then she walked towards Yunho and Changmin and embraced them.

 

“And that explains why sometimes your actions and words are like Haoyun’s.” Eun Hye uttered after letting go.

 

“Well, Eun Hye-sshi, you knew Yunho before right?”

 

She gave it a thought. “Now that you mention it, I did notice a kid who’s just always observing us through the window when we play.”

 

“Right. And I was with him all the time that’s why I wasn’t allowed to always go out of the house. Haoyun-hyung may be the outgoing-type of person but he serves as our second parent when mom, dad, or grandpa isn’t there to look after us.” Changmin blurted out and smiled while remembering the past.

 

“Yeah and he tells me a lot of stories. And the last one that he told me was about you. He even said that both of you will meet again one day and play near the beach.” Yunho said while remembering the past.

 

The three of them laughed remembering how they played a lot with other kids in the past.

 

“This may sound ridiculous, princess. Hyung made me swear something even though I was a sick kid back then.” Yunho added and looked at Eun Hye.

 

“He told me how much he likes you and that he would marry you one day. And that guy also made me swear in front of him that if the both of you will not end up together then I must find you.”

 

Changmin felt out of place while Yunho and Eun Hye were staring at each other.

 

“Ahem.” He immediately interrupted. “Let’s get some food! This talking really makes me hungry.”

 

“Y-Yeah. Let’s go downstairs and eat.” Yunho said and the three of them went back to the party.  

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

“NO! I’m not gonna do that!”

 

“Hmm, seems like I didn’t expect you to reject this kind of opportunity.” Junsu shook his head in disbelief.

 

“What? Are you expecting me to jump for joy and celebrate? Geez. Look here Mr. Kim, I’m just the secretary of the CEO and I don’t have plans on disgracing Mr. Jung’s image and of course my reputation.”

 

Junsu looked at her with a smirk and crossed his arms over his chest. “You might not believe this but Yunho already knows about this and I’m sure he’s anticipating your participation in this event. You don’t want to disappoint him, do you?”

 

“Oh no. You’re kidding, right?” Ri In backed away and pointed her index finger at him with an expression of disbelief.

 

Junsu handed her a big rectangular box which was delivered a while ago.

 

“Here.  That’s from Taeyeon. She can’t make it tonight but she said that she’ll be looking forward on your future activities. Well that is if you do well tonight. I’ll just come back later. Make sure to get ready after 20 minutes, alright?”

 

“What’s this?” But he already went out and slammed the door. “Hmph. Nice answer.”

 

Ri In just shrugged her shoulders and opened the box. “What the?” she closed it again with widened eyes. “This is…”

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

Meanwhile at the party, Yeonhee went to get some food especially the cupcakes, marshmallows, chocolates, and crinkles. She was craving for these ever since she came across them at the kitchen earlier.  

 

“That’s a lot of calories you got there, Ms. Lee.” She immediately recognized the voice and looked at him standing beside her with a cold expression.

 

“Yeah. I’m just doing the worms in my stomach a favor. They’re hungry, Mr. Kim.” Yeonhee replied sarcastically and put a whole cupcake in .

 

Jaejoong looked at her in disbelief and drank the wine from the glass he’s holding. Then he got himself another glass from the waiter who passed by.

 

Yeonhee looked at him weirdly. “I think you should be more concerned about yourself. You’re drinking like you’re gonna last on your sane mind for long. Geez.”

 

He didn’t mind what she said but stayed beside her and turned around looking onto something while drinking. She continued eating the sweets on her plate and sneaked into where he’s looking.

 

“Hmmm, you’re jealous are you?” Yeonhee teased Jaejoong with a smirk. He glared at her and rolled his eyes.

 

“And I thought I will never see those thick glasses of yours again. You never learn.” Jaejoong blurted out from frustration and she just hates it when he becomes so arrogant.

 

“Hold it right there.” Yeonhee immediately grabbed the glass he’s holding while putting her plate on the table near her then drank the remaining wine. “I just find these glasses comfortable, okay? So don’t dictate me on what to do.”

 

 “Right.” He grabbed the wine glass from her and looked closely to her face. “So what if I tell you that I’m really jealous of your boss and the CEO? What will you do then?”

 

“Ha! If that is so Mr. Kim, then that serves you right. There’s a big chance that they will like each other since they’ve been on blind date before.” Then she turned her head to face Eun Hye and Yunho who were talking with Changmin while eating. “And they just look good together.”

 

Jaejoong suddenly laughed which made her wonder if she has said anything funny. “What’s funny with that?”

 

“You’re one sick woman. You really think I’m gonna be jealous of them?”

 

Yeonhee sighed in disbelief and crossed her arms. “Tsk. Tsk. Your actions definitely say that you are.” She rolled her eyes and left him there.

 

Jaejoong just eyed Yeonhee as she walked away from him. He smirked and just shook his head.

 

 

Yeonhee went to find Ri In since she’s the only friend she can talk to but she can’t seem to find her anywhere.

 

Junsu went out from the backstage and she immediately approached him.

 

“Excuse me Mr. Kim but did you see Ms. Jang Ri In?”

 

He and Taeyeon were the only ones who know about the presentation she will do tonight.

 

She became confused when Junsu showed her a reassuring smile. “She’s got some errands to do Ms. Lee. Don’t worry about her. Just enjoy the show that the crew prepared, okay?”

 

“Oh alright Mr. Kim. I apologize if I disturbed you.” Yeonhee bowed to him before she left. ‘Where is she anyways?’ she thought.

 

 

Junsu noticed that a lot of guests were already on their seats after the dinner so he went to the backstage and signaled a member of the crew to call Ri In and start the production number.

 

He did felt a bit nervous but he’s confident with Ri In’s talent.

 

“Should I really wear this?”

 

Dress

 

He heard her voice from behind and immediately looked at her from head to toe. Her hair was just flowing freely up to her chest.

 

“Mr. Kim?”

 

“Y-yeah. You need to. Then you could change back to your clothes after. By the way, wear this to hide your identity.” 

 

 

 

Junsu reached onto the back of her head and placed the mask in place. He tugged her hair in front and adjusted her bangs.

 

Ri In felt uncomfortable with what he did but she just didn’t mind it.

 

“You’re ready to go. Good luck.” He smiled and held her shoulders before she went on stage as the music started to play. It was DBSK’s Midoyo (I Believe).

 

Her singing made the audience awe. They were starting to whisper to each other on where this singer came from.

 

Yeonhee, on the other hand, was standing at the side when a song number took place.

 

 

“She’s really good.”

 

“I don’t believe she’s just an amateur singer.”

 

“Yeah? Maybe she’s a rookie artist in some company.”

 

“I better check the news on the internet later. She may be one of the new artists who’s gonna debut this year.” 

 

 

She heard the feedback from the people at the party and she looked at the performer intently.

 

“Who’s that? I never saw her before. Or…? She seems familiar.” she thought.

 

Junsu heard some of the comments and he was quite impressed. He did expect a good feedback but he never expected it to be better.

 

Ri In came back at the room where Junsu and her talked a while ago after her performance and took off the mask Junsu gave her. She took a seat in front of the mirror and looked at herself.

 

“That was embarrassing.” She exclaimed in disbelief on what just happened. Then someone knocked on the door and came in.

 

“You happy now?”

 

“Are you not? You got a very good feedback from the audience.” He said as he walked towards her and looked at the mirror.

 

“Really? You’re just trying to make me feel better.” Ri In insisted.

 

Junsu held her shoulders. “You don’t believe me? A professional wouldn’t lie to something he witnessed himself. The people outside are curious of your identity.”

 

“Your point is?”

 

“Taeyeon and I will be your voice trainers from now on. You got some talent there and it only needs to be developed well.” He smiled reassuringly at her.

 

“Voice trainor? But I have work and I don’t think I qualify to that.”

 

“We wouldn’t offer something like this if you’re not even qualified in the first place. Think about it, Miss Jang.”

 

It was a once in a lifetime offer to reach her dream to become a singer. That’s the thing that was running in her mind at that time.

 

“I’ll give you a maximum of two months to think about it.” Junsu finally spoke after a long silence. “Go change. Just put back the clothes and mask inside the box. I’ll be going back to the party.”

 

Ri In was left alone in the room after Junsu left. She just locked the door and changed back to her clothes.

 

She went out and her mind was having a hard time especially on the offer she just received.

 

“Hey Jang Ri In!”

 

Ri In was caught in surprise when someone called her. “Oh! Yeonhee. Don’t scare me like that.”

 

“Where have you been? I’ve been looking all over for you.” Yeonhee asked in curiosity and was waiting for her answer.

 

“That…I…got some errands to do. Sorry.” She answered hesitantly and forced a smile hoping that her excuse will work.  

 

“Really? Woah. You should have seen the performance a while ago. There was a song number and the singer was mysteriously wearing a mask. I don’t know where and who she is but she sure has a beautiful voice. You should have heard it you know.”

 

Ri In felt nervous but felt relieved at the same time that Yeonhee’s feedback was positive.

 

“Oh…too bad I missed it. Uhm, did I miss anything else?” She changed the topic as the both of them went back to the banquet.

 

What do you think? Please do comment on how you find this chapter. Suggestions are open. Thank you my dear readers~:))