Chapter 1

Blind Date

 

“That’s all for the meeting today. Let’s continue it tomorrow. Good work guys.” She said to the board members as she dismissed them.

They all bowed to her and she bowed in response as well.

She returned to her office. On the door marked ‘Chief Marketing Officer’. Then her cell phone rang and she immediately answered it.

“Yeobseoyo.”

“Eun Hye, are you free today? Let’s have lunch together.” She said happily that made Eun Hye curious.

“Oh, sure. But what’s with the enthusiastic voice, Boa?”

“It’s a secret! Haha. I’ll tell you later, okay? See ya later. Bye.”

“Geez, just make sure to tell me about it later. Okay. Bye.”

During lunch, Eun Hye went to a fancy restaurant where they usually eat. As he entered, she saw Boa sitting near the glass windows and went to sit with her.

“Hey, what took you so long?”

“Oh, I was having a telephone conversation with a client. Sorry about that, it’s business.”

“Yeah, I understand. It’s not like I don’t experience that everyday too. “ she chuckled a bit and cleared .

Boa signaled the waiter to come to their table. They ordered the food they want to eat and also the beverage. After that, they returned to their conversation.

“Oh, I wanna tell you something.” Boa said excitedly.

“Huh? Is that what you’re talking about a while ago?”

“BINGO. Just think of it as my present for you.”

“Present? My birthday is not coming yet.”

“Not a birthday present, you silly. What I mean is a present for you as a friend. It’ll change your life, I tell you.”

“Tell me already. You’re making me curious.”

“Okay. It’s like this. I have this friend who is managing blind dates for single people like you. And...” she took a deep breath before continuing. “I included your name on the list.”

“What?! Why?!” Eun Hye said in a loud voice that gain everyone’s attention to her.

“Lower down your voice. Hey, don’t worry, my friend is an awesome match maker. She won’t fail you, I promise. And besides, you haven’t got a boyfriend since... like 5 years ago. Just try it, okay? Nothing’s gonna be lost.” She said reassuringly.

“I’m not sure about this idea of yours, girl. I won’t assure you that this will have a good result.”

“Yeah, I’m already expecting that to happen. Besides, you’re so picky towards guys.”

Eun Hye just smiled in agreement. Later on, their food arrived and they began to eat.

*RIIINGG*

Boa’s phone rang and she immediately answered it. I just continue eating my food.

“Yeobseoyo...oh, hi... Yeah... Alright...Thanks for informing… Bye.” She ended the call and kept her phone in her bag.


[-Eun Hye’s pov-]

“Who was it?” I ask her and stop eating for a while.

“Oh, it’s my friend that I told you a while ago. Do you have any plans tonight?”

“Hmmm, none I guess. Why do you ask?”

“GOOD! She told me that your blind date is scheduled tonight.”

I was surprised by her words. I thought it’s gonna be in the next few days.

“What?! Why so early?” I asked in a surprised tone.

“I don’t know. She manages those things. Eun Hye, I’m already excited for you!” She said as she clapped her hands and smiled. I can see her dimples showing.

*sigh* I can’t imagine on what’s gonna happen later. Maybe it’ll be better if I won’t come.

“Can I not come to this?” I said hesitantly.

She pouted her lips and stopped her clapping.

“What?! You’re such a kill joy. Don’t be too concentrated on your work. Give yourself some time to have fun. Just do it for me, please??” as she showed me her pleading eyes. Well, she has a point in there. What else can I do? I can’t say no to my best friend on things like this or her efforts will be wasted.

“Alright. Alright. I’ll go.”

As I said that, she smiled again and clapped her hands again.

“Yeah, thanks Eun Hye.” I swear, she’s like a 12-year-old kid who received an award. “I’ll just come meet you later on where you’ll meet him, okay?”

“Okay.”

Then, we continued eating our food. After that, I bid goodbye to her and went back to the office.

As I was working on some documents for tomorrow’s meeting, someone knocked on the door. It’s my secretary, Yeonhee.

“Ms. Yoon, there’s an emergency meeting in about 10 minutes.”

“Emergency meeting?”

“Yes, Ma’am. The CEO scheduled it.”

“Okay, thanks Yeonhee.”

She bowed first then went out of my office.

Five minutes after, I prepared myself for the meeting. The board members are complete during the meeting. I have a feeling that something big is gonna happen.

“Good afternoon.” It was the CEO himself. “I call an emergency meeting for this very important announcement.” All were tensed up by that statement. I was curious about it.

“Three days from now, my title as CEO of this company will no longer be mine. I’m leaving this building soon and so are my employees and officers. I have already decided on who will replace me. He’ll be visiting the company anytime soon.”

Suddenly, I remembered something. There was rumor about the retiring of the CEO and his grandson is gonna take over. It was on the news yesterday night. I didn’t know he’ll announce it today.

“Treat him well.” Those were the last words he said to us.

As I came back to my office, some were saddened while some were talking about the CEO’s grandson who’s gonna replace him. Well, I just didn’t mind those kinds of things and get back to my work.

------------------


------------


------------------


------------



------------------


------------

6:03 pm

I was ready to leave from work when my cell phone rang.

“Yeobseoyo.”

-“Eun Hye! Are you ready?”

Oh, I almost forgot about ‘that’.

“Uh, I guess so.” I said as I was on my way to the elevator.

-“By the way, I’m at the ground floor right now.”

“Okay, I’ll be there in a minute. Bye.” Then I ended the call and went to the elevator.

I went out from it and saw Boa sitting on the couch. She waved at me as she saw me from afar and I went to her.

“Here’s the address.” She handed me a small paper on where I’ll meet him. Whoever he is. “I’ll go now, okay? I still have some errands to do. Bye.” She bid goodbye to me and went out the building.

I looked at the address. By the name itself, it is a fancy restaurant. Well, as expected.

I drove my car and went to the said place and arrived in a few minutes.

I went in the restaurant and saw a lot of couples. Then, a woman approached me.

“Excuse me, are you Ms. Yoon Eun Hye?” she asked.

“Yes. Is there something you need from me?”

“Oh, I’m Boa’s friend who manages blind dates. My name is Kim Tae Hee.” She said and offered her hand for a handshake.

“Nice to meet you Tae Hee-sshi.” I bowed to her and accepted her handshake.

“So, I think I better go now. He’s already here by the way. He’s in the table with a white rose. If you could notice all are in red roses. The white rose is my trademark for a blind date, okay?” she said smilingly at me.

“I understand.” I said in a typical tone.

“Thank you for your kindness. Goodbye for now.” She said and left the restaurant.

I searched for the table with a white rose and I find it immediately. I started walking towards the table and I slowly see him clearly. He was rubbing his hands together and placing it on the table.

“Uhm, excuse me.” I said hesitantly. To be honest, I’m not used to these kinds of introductions.

He shifted his sight towards me and stood up.

“Uh…Are you Ms. Eun Hye?”

His voice is very manly and deep.

“Hm, Yeah.” I said hesitantly.

“By the way, I’m Yunho.” He offered to shake hands with me and accepted it.

He gave me a friendly smile as we sit across each other.