Chapter 6

Blind Date

 

Buga Kingz - Look at the Sky

 

So the next day, Eun Hye contacted Boa after her work. She only slept for about 4 hours last night and couldn’t stop thinking.

”Eun Hye-sshi, why have you called?”

“Boa, you remember Hao-chan right?” she asked her. Boa was surprised by her words.

“Ah, yeah. What about it?”

“Sorry to bother you but I need to talk to Yoochun about it.” After that, she told her what happened yesterday between Yunho and her.

“Really?? I’ll try to contact Yoochun, okay?”

“Thanks, Boa.” Then they both hang up.

She went out from their building and got in her car as she immediately went home. When she arrived, there was a silver car outside her residence and a guy resting his back outside of it. She went out of the car immediately after she parked it as she noticed who it was.

“Hero.” She greeted with a smile on her face. “You didn’t tell me you would come to visit.”

He smirked as she looked at her. “Am I not allowed?”

‘Of course not. Let’s go inside.”

With that, both of them went in as they drink a cup of coffee.

“So, have you talked to Yoochun?” He suddenly asked after taking a sip.

“No, I haven’t. I’m hoping, he can give me answers to some of my questions about him.” I said and sighed.

“Hey, don’t be too hard on yourself, okay? Oh yeah, I heard that you’ve been in a blind date. How was it?” he suddenly asked her. She just stared at him for a while and sighed.

“It was okay. The person was nice.”

“Really?? Who was it?”

She can sense that he was intrigued by her being in a blind date.

“Do you want to try it?” she asked him trying to change the topic.

“Me in a blind date? I can’t imagine myself with it. No thanks.” He replied while shaking his head in disagreement.

“C’mon. Why are you so killjoy? Just try it once. Maybe you’ll eventually find your soulmate.”

He just stared at her then looked at his cup. “Tss. Fine. I’ll do it. Just make sure it’s legal.”

“Haha. Of course it is. I’ll just contact the organizer.”

With that, Eun Hye called Tae Hee and told her about Jaejoong’s interest to be in a blind date. After that, they both hang up.

“Okay. It’s settled. She said she will just call you if she already finds a girl to be your date.” Eun Hye said excitedly.

“Yeah, whatever.”

Few minutes after, her phone rang.

“Yeobseoyo.”

-“Eun Hye-sshi, this is Yoochun. Boa said you wanted to talk to me about something.”

Eun Hye was surprised when Yoochun called her that time. She never expected it.

“Uhm, yeah. Can we meet tomorrow after work?”

-“Yeah, sure. See you tomorrow then.”

Then they both hang up.

“Who’s that? You seem serious when you talk.” Jaejoong said to her.

“It’s Yoochun. We’re gonna talk tomorrow after work.”

“Oh, really? That’s good news. Well, I think I better go now. I still have to go to the bar.”

“Ah, yeah. Thanks for visiting me by the way.” She said with a smile.

“Sure, no problem.”

Then he accompanied Jaejoong outside her house. He went in his car and started the engine. They both waved goodbye to each other as he left.

-------------------------------------------------------

“What did she say?” Boa asked Yoochun. She is in Yoochun’s house this time since she can’t contact him so she decided to go to his house for Eun Hye’s sake.

“We’ll meet up tomorrow.” He replied to her as he slipped his phone to his pocket.

“Okay then. I’ll be leaving now.” she said as she stood up and walked passed him. Then she suddenly stopped when he called her.

“Hey, Boa-sshi, what is she like?”

She slowly turns around with a curious expression. “Why do you ask?”

“Uh, nothing much. Just asking, since we’ll gonna meet up tomorrow.”

“She’s a nice person. But if I found out that you did something obnoxious to her, I’ll definitely kill you.” After her reply to him, she immediately walked out from the room and drove off.

Yoochun just smiled with her answer and shook his head as he pours wine to his glass.

---------------------------------------------------


That night, Kim Tae Hee, the organizer for blind dates, is currently sorting the persons to be paired when she remembered something.

“Hmmm, I think it would be better if I exchanged their partners to prevent some issues.”

With that, she finished with her list. She called the persons scheduled for tomorrow.


Nothing come close
 But your Choosey Lover
Donna shigeki mo kanayashinai na
Nothing come close
But you're Choosey Lover
Hey gotta make you mine~~


“Yeobseoyo.”

-“Good evening, Mr. Kim. This is Kim Tae Hee, the organizer for blind dates.”

Jaejoong was about to sleep when she called. So he sits from his bed and thought of who the person is.

“Oh…yeah. No need to be so formal. Just call me Jaejoong.”

-“Ah, alright, Jaejoong-sshi. You don’t have any plans tomorrow after your work, right?”

Jaejoong thinks for a moment.

“Uhm, none I guess.”

-“That’s good to hear. I have already scheduled a blind date for you.”

Jaejoong was a bit surprised on what she said. “I didn’t know it’ll be too soon.” He thought.

-“Oh…really? Who’s gonna be my date then?” He asked curiously.

“I’m sorry but I can’t tell you. Don’t worry, you’ll meet her tomorrow.”

Then she gave him the details and hanged up afterwards.

“This is interesting.” After that, he went to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------


“Since you’re done with your work, you can go home early now.” Yunho said to Ri In. Her eyes widen towards his words.

Ri In was confused. It was still 2:35 pm and her boss already permits him to leave.

“But sir, you might need my help on something.”

“Ri In, it’s really okay. Besides, I’ll be off at 3 pm.”

“Oh…uhm…thank you Mr. Jung. Then I’ll be leaving first.” Ri In bowed to him before leaving with a smiling face. She didn’t expect him to be that nice to her.

With that, she left the building and crossed the street but a car was in a high speed. Good thing, it stopped in front of her and didn’t hit her.

“Yah! Are you drunk?! Can’t you see it’s still red.” She yelled in front of the car while pointing the traffic light.

The driver was wearing sunglasses as she observed when he went out of his car.

“Hey lady, you should at least move faster. Don’t blame it all on the traffic.” He said as he removed his sunglasses.

Who’s this guy? He’s irritating to my eyes.

“Oh my God, I can’t believe this. Just apologize and I will just forget that this happened.” She said to him.

“Why should I? You should be the one to do that.” He said with a cold expression.

“Aish!” She uttered under her breath in disbelief.

“Junsu! Hurry up!”

Someone yelled from the guy’s car that interrupted their bickering.

“Look, I have an ugent business to attend to right now and I don’t have time for this.” he said as calmly as he could to Ri In.

“Look mister, all I need is an apology. It’s just so simple to do. Don’t tell me you don’t know what the word ‘apology’ means?”

“Tss. Are you insulting me? You don’t know who you’re talking to and I WILL NOT apologize to you.”

After that, he just turn his back from her and went back to his car.

“Yah!!” She yelled to him. He immediately drove off that almost hit her.

“AISH! What the heck?! I’ll kill you if I see you again!” she yelled at the top of her lungs.

“Crazy girl.” He said as he shook his head looking at the side mirror.

Ri In just walked off and rides a taxi going home. Her happy mood a while ago vanished because of what just happened.

“Junsu, why won’t you be at least nice to girls?”

“Taeyeon, haven’t we talked about this?”

“You can’t blame me if I talk like this. I’m a girl too you know and you’re only twin sister. “ She said as she pouted.

“Fine. Fine. Just keep quiet, okay?” He smirked and pats her head.

Both of them arrived at a big mansion. They entered and wait in the guest room for a while. A tall man entered accompanied by two bodyguards.

“I’m sorry. I just arrived from work.” He said as the both of them turned their heads to him.

“Woah, Yunho. So, it is true that you’re the new CEO of your grandfather’s company.” Junsu complimented him as they do a friendly hug.

“Haha. Yeah. Long time no see. You didn’t come to the party last time.” Then he noticed Taeyeon sitting on the couch. “Taeyeon, you’ve grown pretty well. How are you?”

She stood up as he gave her a friendly hug. “I’m okay, oppa.” Then they broke the hug. Junsu and Taeyeon went to sit across Yunho.

“I think you know what brings you here. So have you decided?” Yunho asked them.

“Yeah. We’ll do it. What are friends for, right?” Junsu answered him with a smile.

“Thanks. So, starting tomorrow you’ll be our official endorsers. Come to my office tomorrow at 9 am. I’ll get to introduce you to everyone.”

“Ooooh.. I’m excited already. “ Taeyeon said giggling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoochun waited for Eun Hye at a fancy restaurant. He just arrived and thought of things which she might ask him.

“I hope there’ll be no crying session later. Boa might think that I did something to her.” He said to himself.

“Yoochun-sshi?”

He looked up and saw Eun Hye.

“Yeah. Please take a seat.” He gestured the seat across him. “So, what do you want to ask about him?”

“Uhm, Hero told me that you and Hao-chan became friends when they moved to another country. Do you know where he is right now?”

Yoochun took a deep breath before he begins to speak.

“Things in the past is really complicated, Eun Hye. Many things happened so unexpectedly. I was still 15 years old at that time when his family got into an accident. We heard the news when we came back to Korea. Good thing, someone supported their family but my mom told me he can’t remember anything and I think it’s because of the trauma brought by the accident. Starting that time, I haven’t had any communication with him. I understand how you feel. I want to see him again too, but I don’t think we should hope too much about it. He might not remember that we exist from his life in the past.”

Eun Hye felt sad upon hearing Yoochun’s words. Even Yoochun doesn’t know where he is right now. Tears were starting to form on his eyes. He can no longer control it. She’s already in the state of giving up finding him.

”Thank you for telling me this.” She said as the tears were flowing down her cheeks. “I might not see him again but thank you really. I truly appreciate it.”

“Sure, no problem. Uhm, Eun Hye-sshi, Someone told my mom yesterday that Hao-chan and his family moved here in Korea just recently but she doesn’t know where they are right now.“

With that, she looked at him with a surprised face. He’s here?

“Really? Thanks for telling me. But like you said before, he might not recognize us even if we got to meet him.”

After that, she stood up and thanked him. They went out together and go on their separate ways.

-------------------------------------------------------


Office hours was over. Kim Jaejoong packed his things and went to his car. He went to the place where Tae Hee said last night.

Before he went out from the car, he looked at himself on the mirror and fixed a bit, then he went out. He entered the restaurant and a girl approached him.

“Hi Jaejoong-sshi. I’m Kim Tae Hee.” She reached to have a handshake with him. He looked at her for a while and reached for a handshake.

“Yeah. Nice to meet you. Are you on a blind date too?” he asked her.

“Haha. Nope. I’m here to make sure that everything will go well. I always do this.” Then she gave him a white rose. “Give this to your date if she arrives, okay?”

“Oh, okay.”

Jaejoong went to sit on an empty table waiting for his date. As he was waiting, she noticed a girl wearing glasses, coming towards his table. ‘Is she my date?’ he thought. But as she gets near him, he noticed something. He looks really familiar to him.

 

Mic Pink - Na Na Na

 

 “What the.” He uttered under his breath. “Lee Yeonhee?”

The girl managed to look at him and adjusted her glasses. “Kim Jaejoong?”

“What are you doing here?!” they both said in unison.

“I’m in a blind date.” He answered.

“Me too. Ms. Kim Tae Hee told me to go to this table.” She replied back. “Oh no. This can’t be. You can’t possibly be—“

“Yeonhee-sshi.” Tae Hee came towards their table when she noticed something was going on. “This is Kim Jaejoong, he will be your date.”

“WHAT?!” they both yelled.

“No, no. I can’t accept this.” Yeonhee exclaimed.

“I’m sorry Yeonhee-sshi. If you’re planning to back out, it’s not possible. It’s a part of the rules.”

“What?!” Yeonhee said shocked by what she said.

“Yah, don’t be too noisy. I’m gonna bear this since I entered. And don’t act as if you don’t like me. You were so into me when we were still in high school.”

“Shut up, conceited jerk!”

“Just mean it.”

Tae Hee noticed that the two are bickering so she excused herself.

“Then, I’ll leave you two alone. I still have other clients coming.” Tae Hee said as she left the two of them alone.

“Still four-eyed, huh? Oh, I can see your glasses improved.” He .

“Shut up, will you?”

She noticed that Jaejoong was looking somewhere so she looked to where he was looking.

“Look who’s here.” He said.

It was Boa and Yoochun.

“No way.” Boa said.

”Way.” Yoochun replied to her and it made her roll his eyes and shook his head in disbelief.

“Boa, I was thinking if he’s gonna be your blind date, it would prevent issues since he’s your boyfriend and people will think that you are normally hanging around each other.”

Yoochun nudged her and whispered something to her. “We’re supposed to act like lovers, remember.” After that, he kissed her on the cheek and held her waist.

“Yeah, you’re right about that. Thanks for the concern.” Yoochun replied to her.

“Then, I’ll be leaving now. Take care.” Then, Tae Hee left.

“That was close.” He said to her.

“Right. Let’s eat, I’m hungry.” Boa said as she went to an empty table.

“Jae? Yeonhee? what are you doing here?” Yoochun asked when he saw the two of them sitting across each other beside their table.

Boa turned her head beside her and was surprised to see them.

“Oh, hehe. Hi Yoochun.” Yeonhee greeted him and smiled shyly.

“Hi Yeonhee. Long time no see.”

“Jaejoong-sshi? Wait, are you two on a blind date?” Boa asked.

“NO!” they said in unison.

“Haha. Don’t deny it. You have a white rose in there.” Boa said with a smile.

Both of them were embarrassed after what she said.

“Really? I didn’t expect you to be involved on things like this, Jae.” Yoochun said.

“Eun Hye forced me to. She said I should try it. Besides, I don’t want to be called a killjoy.” Jaejoong replied examining the white rose while pouting.


[-Yeonhee’s pov-]

Oh my freakin’ gosh. Jaejoong is my blind date?! I can’t believe this!
Plus, Yoochun is here too. Kyaaa~~!! Why does he have to be here? It’s so embarrassing. Why? Because I have a crush on him since high school. If your’re confused, here’s the real thing. Jaejoong said that I was into him when we were still in high school, right? Uhm, I won’t deny that it is true but he’s so conceited that I started to dislike him and liked Yoochun instead. But I can’t deny that Jaejoong still has his good looks up to now while Yoochun still has his charm too.

It’s true that I’m a four-eyed ever since I was 12 years old. Jaejoong used to wear glasses too but it suits him well, maybe because he’s good looking and all blah, blah, blah. Now, if you can see his eyes clearly, it’s obvious he’s using grey contact lenses. Compared to me, I look very nerdy.

I haven’t seen Yoochun since the party for the CEO. Well he has his girlfriend right now. Besides, I don’t stand a chance against her. She’s so pretty.

Am I seeing this right? Jaejoong’s pouting? I want to pinch him because he’s so adorable.

“What are you looking at?” he said coldly. Okay, I take back what I just said.

“I just noticed that you look so stupid staring at the white rose.” I replied back to him. Take that!

Then, I suddenly heard a click. It was Boa.

“W-what was that for?”

“Remembrance. Here.” She handed me the picture which she took. It looks like Jaejoong was giving me the white rose and I was smiling. Pictures don’t really show the truth. Sometimes it can cause misunderstandings.

My face showed a weird expression upon seeing the picture. This is too impossible to believe. Then Jaejoong took it all of a sudden.

“What’s this? This is the creepiest picture I’ve ever seen. It gives me goose bumps.” Jaejoong said as he handed it back to me.

“EEWWW. Why am I even paired to you among all guys in this world?” I said while taking a deep breath and looked at Yoochun instead. I just lean my back against the back of the chair I was seated.

‘It would have been better if I was paired to him. Dream on, Yeonhee. When will that ever happen?’ She thought.

“Yah, why are you drooling?” he suddenly asked that made me go back to my senses. Am I really drooling? I examined the sides of my mouth.

“Of course not!” I replied back to him.

“Really? You’re staring at Yoochun like you’re gonna eat him.”

Argghh!! This is really embarrassing. Yoochun even heard it. I wasn’t staring at him like for minutes it was just about 10 seconds and then I shifted my attention to their food.

“Yah, Jae. Don’t embarrass her. She wasn’t staring at me at all. She was staring at our food. I think she’s hungry.”

W-what?? It does lessen my embarrassment and it’s true that I’m hungry.

“Fine. Don’t complain for anything. I’m gonna order food for both of us since I’m hungry too.” Jaejoong said all of a sudden and signaled for the waiter to come.

He ordered some food that I don’t even know if its pork, chicken, beef, or whatever. The names are just so highfalutin that I don’t understand except for the fruit shake O_O


The food was really delicious. Majority was spicy. I usually drank water or the fruit shake and I think that’s the reason why I became full in such a short while. Well, I’m not surprised at all since Jaejoong likes spicy foods. Oh no, wait a minute, how much does this all cost? O_O

He signaled the waiter for the bill and I immediately take a look. My jaw dropped in shock. It’s so expensive.

“Yah, Kim Jaejoong. This is so expensive. How am I gonna pay up for this?”

“Didn’t I say not to complain?” then he made a fierce look towards me and it made me so small.

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t say anything.” I just shut my mouth. Not to mention, he has a bad temper sometimes.

With that, he paid for the bill and I can’t do anything about it or he’ll kill me for sure if I say anything again like earlier.


[-Boa’s pov-]

I’m stuck with him again. Hmph. I’m not surprised to see him get involve on these kinds of things.

First things first. I didn’t knew Yeonhee and Jaejoong would be involve in this blind date too. But as I see it, they really look cute together.

“Boa.”

……..

“Kwon Boa.”

“…..”  what’s his problem? I just ignore him.

“Park Boa.”

What did he said again? Park Boa??? I was surprised by what he said and that made me look at him.

“What Park are you saying?” I said as I glare at him.

“Haha. Gotcha. So you prefer to be called Park Boa than Kwon Boa, huh?” He said with a grin. Tss. Here he goes again. He’s becoming full of himself.

“Oh, shut up, okay? I want to preserve my name as Kwon Boa.”

“Really? Then you don’t have intentions on marrying then?” he suddenly asked.

“Well, that’s none of your business.”

“Okay, Minnie.” Minnie? What’s up with that?

“Minnie?” I asked with a curious expression.

“Yeah. And you should call me Micky.”

“And what’s that suppose to mean?”

“Minnie because it means that you are mine. Micky because it’s like I’m the key to your heart.” He replied typically.

LOL. I never knew he was this thoughtful. To think of it, it’s really cute BUT we’re not even a real couple and he’s not my type of guy to start with. I chuckled a bit with his answer.

Is it just me or am I just being to sensitive? He sounded like we’re really lovers earlier.

“Yoochun, I need to go home. It’s getting dark.”

With that, we bid goodbye to Yeonhee and Jaejoong before leaving the restaurant.