9

Hate = Love

 

Park Haeri arrived at her office around 10 am. She knew that she was late. She caught into trouble to get a taxi or a bus since her in-laws mansion situated at an elite area. Haeri,herself could not imagine how she would go through this every day to work.

“Haeri, Woohyun wanna see you in his office.”said Suzy.

Inside Woolim Holdings, only Dongwoo knew about the secret marriage between Nam Woohyun and Park Haeri. Haeri knocked the door.

“Come in.”said Woohyun from inside.

Haeri stepped inside Woohyun’s office room with lots of thoughts. She knew that Woohyun would not want to see her if it was not important. Haeri stood beside a chair while she took a glance at Dongwoo who was sitting on a chair in front of Woohyun’s table.

“Haeri, I’ve discussed with Dongwoo and I already came up with a decision. I decided to hand over the bungalow project in Gangnam to him. He will check and list the company that is competent enough to get the tender. So, do you have any objection?”

“Well if you don’t mind, may I know why?”she tried to calm herself.

“As your boss, I have the right not to answer it.”Haeri nodded her head.

“Okay then, you’re the boss anyway.”she made an expressionless face.

*Yah! Is she a human or an alien? How dare she make a poker face in front of me. Aissh… I thought that she’s gonna get angry at me.*

“Dongwoo, you may go now. We’ll discuss about the project later on. Haeri, my discussion with you are not done yet. So, stay in here!”

Dongwoo happily went out from room and he gave Haeri a sidelong glanced. *Huh! Serve you right.* Haeri realized that Dongwoo gave her a smirk before his he went out from Woohyun’s room but then she could do nothing at this rate epically in front of his husband.

“Haeri…”Woohyun called out her name as soon as Dongwoo closed the door.

“You are late today. Are you aware of that?”

Haeri still stood beside the chair and just kept herself silent. Actually, she was tired to play with the mental torture that Woohyun created.

“Okay, I’ve think thoroughly about this matter. After I saw your work performance, I think that you’re not suitable anymore to hold the position that you are holding right now. For time being, this company needs a tea lady.

Well,you know that the pevious ahjumma already quit this job. So, I think if you really wanna work here, then this is the only suitable job for you. And if you want to increase your income, you also can work overtime here as the cleaner here. I am a good boss, right?”

Woohyun paused for a while because he wanted to see Haeri reaction but she remained silent.

“But if you are not agreeing, you can send our resignation letter within 24 hours. Though in the previous offer letter said that you must notify us within 2 weeks but in your case, I give you an exceptional because you’re the most ‘special’ one in my heart.”he gave her a fake smile as the word special came out from his mouth.

“Anything else that you wanna say? If no, then may I leave this room now?”

Without waiting for Woohyun’s answer, Haeri just went out from his room like nothing happened. And Woohyun was left speechless and dumbfounded. Actually, he hoped that Haeri would beg at him, craving for sympathy or at least crying in front of him but it was just way too far from his imagination.

Woohyun still wanted to continue his play but Haeri already left the room. Finally he curled a smile. He was so sure that Haeri gonna lost by being a tea lady. *Huh! Serve you right! I’m going to make you suffer and suffer and suffer till the end.*

************

 

“Haeri, I wanna meet you. How about a lunch together? I will fetch you by 1.30pm later,okay?”

Haeri listened to the voicemail through her phone. There were four missed calls from Nami. She looked at her watch. *Ah… it was already one o’clock. I’d better finish this document first.*

************

 

“Yah! Are you that hungry? You seem like one year didn’t touch any food.”said Nami. She was wied by the way Haeri ate her food. Name brought Haeri to a Japanese restaurant and they sat at the last row of the restaurant, more privacy said Nami.

“Haeri, are you happy with your life now?”

Haeri who was enjoying her guava juice did not show any interest to answer Nami’s question.

“I’ve known you for years, Park Haeri. If you eat more than talk, that’s mean you got a major big problem right?”

“I’m okay. Married to a rich guy like Nam Woohyun is a pleasure. Money,shopping,anything that I want, I can get it easily. I never felt this wonderful feeling through my entire life before.”she gave Nami a big yet convince smile.

Name knew that Haeri faked her smile and slowly she grasped her friend’s right hand and at time Haeri could not hold back her tears.

“Aayy…you, Park Haeri. You look strong but then you’re just as fragile as a glass inside. You don’t have to lie and give that fake smile to me. I know how Woohyun treated you. I know how you felt right now. Be strong, okay?”

“I…”she did not know how to express her feeling right now. Haeri took a deep breath before she let out everything.

“Nami, Woohyun already changed my job position. About the bungalow tender project paper, he already handed it to Dongwoo. Woohyun gave me his final words whether to quit my job or be a tea lady inside Woolim Holdings.”Nami could see the soreness inside Haeri eyes.

“Well, you know right? If I quit my job, who wants to pay for my brother’s study payment? I don’t want him to fail in his studies because of our poorness. I don’t want to disappoint my family again.”

“Haeri, despite of all these obstacles, you still care for other people?”

“Jeeongmin is not anybody, he’s my brother.”

“Okay, even though he’s you’re brother but you…… as a TEA LADY? Woohyun was just way too much, you know. He is insane! Only crazy people like him would treat his own wife like that. Even though you didn’t tell me what exactly happened last night but I knew that it was totally a nightmare to you.”

“This is my fate, Hwang Nami. Just accept it.”she smiled.

“Okay, how about you work at my place. Well, coincidently there’s a job spot available but with one condition. You must resign from the hell company and leave that spoilt-brat greasy devil!”

Haeri widened her eyes as soon as Nami ended her talk.

“Yah! The one that you called spoilt-brat greasy devil is still my husband, okay!”

Name just smiled and gave her a wink. *Park Haeri, you must really love him, huh? Still defend him even I bad mouthed about Woohyun just now. I wonder why you would fall for that guy.*

*****************

 

“Suzy, could you please hand over this letter to Woohyun?”

After she gave the letter to Suzy, Haeri quickly went out from the building. She had no interest to meet her husband personally. Besides, she was quite sure that Woohyun was the happiest person when he received that letter.

She had no regret about this and slowly a smile started to appear on her face.

*Thank you my friend, thank you so much…*