10

Hate = Love

 

Haeri arrived at Woohyun’s family house around 8pm. Before that, she went shopping with Nami at the mall.

After she washed herself, Haeri stood nearby the balcony. She felt so peaceful at that moment. Nanny had told her that both Woohyun’s parents already went to London to solve some family matters. She stood there silently and recalled her conversation with Nami.

“Yah! He doesn’t even give you pillow to sleep? He is sure a heartless terminator.”said Nami.

Haeri directly headed to the payment counter to pay for the things that she bought without even care of what Nami nagged about Woohyun.

Suddenly, she heard Woohyun’s car engine enter garage. Her thought of Nami just now disappeared and Haeri heart started to beat like crazy. She tried to calm herself down.

Woohyun slammed the door and then he saw a slim figure standing at the balcony. He knew it was no other than Haeri. He smirked when he saw two pillows, a comforter and a blanket which were still in plastic bag, neatly arranged at the side of his bed.

“Hey, you! Come here!”shouted Woohyun. Haeri slowly walked towards him.

“What are those things? I don’t need that creepy stuff in my room. It only makes my room looks messy.”

Haeri remained silent. She knew if she fought back, Woohyun might give her another slap as she could see his eyes were full of anger.

“Yah Haeri! Are you deaf? I’m talking to you right now. Listen here, Park Haeri. I’ll make sure that you’ll never taste any happiness through this marriage. What? Do you expect that I’ll give my pocket money to you when you quit from your job?”

“You. Listen here. If you want to eat anything, use your own pocket money and never eat anything in my house as the way you like. If I know that you dare to eat even bread crumbs in my house which is I mean MY belongings, I will…”before he could even finish his word, Haeri went out from the room to go downstairs. But before she could even step on the stairs, Woohyun pulled her hair from back. At that time, Haeri’s vision went blur and then she passed out.

*****************

 

Haeri slowly opened her eyes when she heard someone called for her name. She looked around the room as Nanny; the maid put a wet towel on her forehead.

“Nanny, where am I?”she sounded weak.

“You’re in my room. Woohyun called me just now and he said that you fainted when you wanted to go downstairs. So he helped me to bring you down here.”

Haeri had just realized that all her stuffs including her handbag were there. She tried to get up from the bed.

“Eh, Haeri where do you want go? Don’t get up or you will fall. Besides, Woohyun just said that…”Nanny hesitated to continue her talk.

“What? What did he say?”

“He said that you’ll be staying here…”

“Bo? In a maid room? Where can you sleep? I mean there’s only a single bed in here.”

“No. I will not be sleeping here. My new room is next to yours. I don’t know what’s going on between both of you but I know that that deep inside his heart, Woohyun really loves you.”she grasped both Haeri’s hand.

“Okay if you need any help, just tell me. I will try my best to help you.”Nanny gave Haeri a small smile before she went out from the room.

**************

 

Woohyun and Sunggyu ate their lunch at a Chinese restaurant. Sunggyu noticed that Woohyun’s face was not as happy as always.

“Why you didn’t invite Haeri along?”

“Who? Haeri? I don’t know that person you’re talking about.”Woohyun said while he drank half of his apple juice.

“So, how was your life as a lawyer?”he tried to change their conversation topic.

“Huh… Well, lawyer is also a human being. At first, I was like kinda nervous in front of the judges but then after a week that feeling started to disappear.”he gave Woohyun a smile.

“How about Haeri and you? I heard that she resigned from her job, is it true? Aayy…you naughty boy, I’m sure that you force her to quit, right? You must be jealous that your employees will snatch your beautiful wife.”

Sunggyu who was smiling broadly at first became speechless when he saw Woohyun’s bitter face.

“How did you know that she quit from her job?”he asked in serious tone.

“Oh, I met Dongwoo earlier and he told me about that.”he told Woohyun the truth without knowing the exact situation happened between Woohyun and Haeri. In Sunggyu’s opinion, Woohyun should have accepted Haeri as his wife. He did not see any concrete reason of why their relationship should be as cold as cucumber.

“Well, I’m okay with her. I also don’t know why she quit from her job. Haih…stop talking about her. It’s getting me annoyed.”

Sunggyu could sense that something was not right in their relationship but he did not want to be the third wheel.