4

Hate = Love

 

Seoul Golf Club was noisy with laughter of Woohyun and his friends. He was one of the club members.

“Sunggyu,did you know about my ex-classmate named Park Haeri?”. Sunggyu curled his eyebrows as he tried to remember the person that Woohyun mentioned while Hoya and Dongwoo just smiled at him.

“Park Haeri? Which one?”asked Sunggyu.

Lee Sunggyu was Woohyun’s best friend since they went to the same high school. Coincidently, they studied at the same university but different field. Sunggyu studied in law while Woohyun took business.

“Well you know…that low profile kid. Though she’s my classmate but then I was not that close to her. She’s so innocent, totally far away from my standard.” he said while smiled at his friends.

Well that was the past but now,he did not know why Haeri’s face could not get out of his mind.

*What the hell that I’m thinking? I must be crazy. I’m not supposed to fall for her! Instead,I’ll get my revenge cause she had humiliated me in front of everyone on last semester!!*

“Ha! I think I know that Park Haeri. She’s the one that we met at the airport 3 months ago right?!”said Sunggyu.

“If she’s that person you’ve mentioned earlier,then I always met her during Korean Student United Society. I know she was very close with that Hwang Nami, that talkative one.Back then,we met her at Isetan, right?”Woohyun nodded his head.

“But, you know what Woohyun, for me she’s a beautiful lady.It just she was too shy and not that talkative. So, that’s why she was not so famous in our campus.”he added. Woohyun just smiled when he heard his friend’s comment.

 

“But one thing for sure,she’s the one that Woohyun would not take as his girlfriend. Typical low class country girl.” said Dongwoo.

“Hey,don’t say things like that. What is the problem with her? It doesn’t matter with a low class society like her as long as she can take care of herself really well. Not just like other typical spoilt brat wannabe.” Sunggyu replied in a serious tone. He did not satisfy with Dongwoo statement that easily judge people by their status. Remember! Do not judge a book only by its cover.

“Wait…wait…don’t fight okay? Just small matter, bro. Low or high class is the same. What more important is the person’s heart, right?”Hoya who just kept himself silent before tried to lose the tense.

“Okay,it’s enough. You just waste your time talking and fighting or a girl like her. You guys are just overreacted in this case. Oh! Come on,men…” Woohyun tried to stop them from creating a big fight. “It’s already late, let’s leave this place. Tomorrow I got a meeting with the board directors.”

*********************************

 

By 9 am, Haeri already arrived at Woohyun’s company. She did not know why but her heart told her to leave that place.

*God, is this the right thing for me to do? But my heart doesn’t feel right. Aish…this can’t be. It’s better for me to leave before Woohyun arrived but…I already signed that offer latter. Ah…that’s not important right now. What I know is I must leave his place as soon as possible.*

Haeri quickly went out from the building. As soon as the elevator door opened she immediately went out but unfortunately she met Woohyun at the lobby.

“Hey, Haeri what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in the office?” asked Woohyun.

She was completely speechless while Woohyun stared at her without blinking his eyes. There was something about Haeri that made his heart jolted. *She’s pretty, man…* Haeri cheeks started to blush when she realized that Woohyun looked at her for quite a long time.

“Errrmm…I’m hungry. I haven’t taken my breakfast yet. I know that now is the work time but what can I do? I’m starving."she started to create an excuse.

*Hmm…this Haeri is not bad though. Trying to run away,huh?*

 

“Well,you know I got a very bad attitude problem. See, on the very first day of work, I already play truant in your office. I think you better find a new secretary, Woohyun. You know what I mean, right?”

“Oh,so you haven’t taken any breakfast yet? Then why don’t you come with me. Suddenly I feel so hungry.” 

**************************

 

“You said you were hungry, and then eat the toast.”said Woohyun to Haeri who was still looking at her plate without even touching it.

“Look, I have to be honest with you. Actually I’m not comfortable to be working around with you. It feels weird. Besides, we are not even close,aren’t we? So it’d be better if I find another job. I hope you can understand what I said and I’m really sorry for my harsh words towards you back then.”

Woohyun creased his eyebrows and gave her a question look.

“About the business law project. You did remember, don’t you?”

“What project? I don’t remember it. Did we fight over that project? I think I should thanks to you cause I got an excellent mark behalf of your effort. That’s all that I remember. Is there anything else that I left?” Woohyun question made Haeri felt weird. He smiled. A smile that was hard to explain.

“So, shall we make a move?”

There was no other choice for Haeri but at the same time her heart started to flutter.

“Woohyun…”he stopped as soon as he heard Haeri called for his name.

“Yes…”

As usual, Haeri would be nervous every time their eyes’ met. She hesitated to speak. “Hmm…would you mind if I want my real job back? Though I don’t have any secretary qualification but I will give my best.”

Woohyun gave his killer smile and at the same time he winked his eyes towards Haeri.

“Come.”he soften his voice. Haeri’s face started to turn blushed.