Six

The Difference Between You And Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I finished grabbing and putting away some things as I slammed my locker shut. I grabbed Ningning's arm gently, signaling her to follow me. I walked down the hall and try to find somewhere quiet. I finally did and we stopped.

 

"Everything okay?" she asked me, sounding concerned.

 

"The ride was good, she seemed a little down from what happened with Soobin and I think I helped bring up her mood a little. But when we walked in, he got all mad that she didn't pick him up and as he dragged her away he asked why she wasn't wearing any makeup. He said she looked weird." I told her, and Yizhuo's eyes widen.

 

“What? That's horrible!" she said a little too loud but I shushed her, bringing my finger to my lips. She nodded, apologizing.

 

"I know. She always seems to get happy when I talk to her but Soobin completely drains her. He's not good for her." I said. She snaps her fingers, smirking at me.

 

"This is where you really gotta slide in, Win. If you're making her so happy, maybe she'll have to rethink her choices." she said and I shrugged, not really thinking too much of what she's saying.

 

"You really need a boyfriend." I said and laughed a little. She smacked my head, and my mouth opens in shock. "Hey!"

 

"I'm serious. She's been talking to you every night on the phone and then she offers to pick you up for school?! Keep it going, ." she said, clapping her hands in excitement.

 

"I'll try, I mean I really like talking to her. She's so sweet." I smiled and feel my face turned red. Ningning squealed and I jumped a little at the sound she makes.

 

"Aw that's so cute. Don't make me cry." she put her hand up in front of my face and looked away from me. I huffed, grabbing her hand.

 

"And you call me dramatic." I rolled my eyes. She poked my side, making my body jerk from the feeling.

 

"On a totally unrelated note, want to go to the football game with me tonight?" she asked me and I nodded, shrugging.

 

"Sure..isn't Soobin on the football team?" I asked and she nodded at me then winks. Um?

 

"That means Karina will probably be there." she said and in a way I hope she's not. She would be there to support Soobin, and i don't like that. He doesn't deserve her support.

 

The bell rings and I'm actually really curious how first period will go. I guess we will see what happens. "I'll see you at lunch, Win." she said, blowing me a kiss like she always does. I waved, watching her walk away. I made my way to first period, avoiding any strange looks.

 

I took my seat, taking some materials out that I need. I looked over and notice Karina isn't here yet. If Soobin makes her late I swear!

 

I kept my eyes glued to the door, hoping she walks in in time. My eyes glanced from the clock and then back at the door. Thirty seconds Karina, come in! I tapped my finger anxiously, my eyes burning from the intense stare on the door.

 

Fifteen seconds! I finally see here in the hall, walking quickly. She walked in, ten seconds to spare. She got over to her seat quick and sat down. The bell rings and I see her sighed in relief. She took a pencil out and then looked over at me. I gave her an awkward smile as she noticed I was already staring. She just grinned a little, looking back forward at the class.

 

Class goes by fast and before I knew it, the bell rings. My eyes usually always glanced up at the clock but not today. My head shoots over to look at Karina and I see her standing up, putting away her pencil and papers in her bag. I stood up as well, my backpack landing comfortably on my shoulders.

 

"Hi." I said, my voice abounding a little shaky. She glanced up at me, but when she seems to not take her eyes off of me, she smiled.

 

"Hey, I saw you staring at the door making sure I wasn't late earlier." she said and my cheeks heat up majorly. I just laughed a little, trying not to make it obvious that I did that.

 

"Well, detention alone wouldn't be fun." I said and she just smiled, looking down at her backpack. "Hey umm.." I started, getting her attention again. "Can I walk you to your next class?"

 

She froze momentarily, her eyes slowly coming to meet mine again. "That's very sweet of you but Soobin usually does that." she said, pouting a little. I just nodded, basically saying 'okay.'

 

She walked out of the room before giving me a quick 'bye' with a small wave. I watched as she exits, not far behind her. I see Soobin in the hallway.

 

"My god, what took you so long?" he asked, his face filled with annoyance. I walked the other way, sick of hearing the way he talks to her. Just break up with him, anyone would.

 

Fast forward to fourth period. I'm on my way to the bathroom right now and I'm purposely going to take a little while because lunch is in twenty minutes and I hate this class. I took my time walking down the hallway, kicking the rug with my hands dug into my pockets.

 

I suddenly hear voices, familiar voices. "You're coming to my football game tonight, right?" I looked down the hall and see Karina and Soobin talking. I backed up, hiding behind the wall just like last time. I listened to their conversation.

 

"Yeah." I can barely hear her.

 

"Good. You're not going with Winter are you?" he asked and my eyes widen. I tried my best to hear what she's going to say right now since she's very quiet.

 

"No, but if I see her there I am going to go and say hi. She's my friend." she answered. I feel my stomach churn at her words. She's not going to stop talking to me, even if her boyfriend wanted her to.

 

"Yeah, clearly." he rolled his eyes at her. "It's weird, babe." he crosses his arms. she shook her head, confused.

 

"Why is it weird? What, a gay girl can't have other friends that are girls? Are you assuming that she's just going to like every girl she talks to? I'm really getting sick of how you bring her up concerning everything I do. Yes I've been hanging out with her recently because you've been a total !" she raised her voice at the end and I can honestly say I'm frozen in my spot, shocked. I see her take a breath. Then I got nervous when I see his face turned red, he's mad.

 

I felt my heart sink as he pushed her chest, making her go flying into the lockers. She winced, staying close to them as he got closer and closer to her. He grabbed her wrists and brought his face close to hers. "Don't ever talk to me like that again."

 

I can't watch this anymore. I took a deep breath before walking slowly around the corner, pretending like I didn't know what's going on. I got closer to them and while Soobin is too busy holding on to her wrists and giving her an angry stare, Karina noticed me.

 

"Winter!" she said loudly, and that catches Soobin's attention. He let go of her wrists and backed away, his nostrils flaring in anger.

 

“What do you think you're doing?" I asked Soobin, tilting my head at him. I'm not scared of him. He doesn't have the balls to put his hands on me like he does her.

 

"What did you just ask me?" he asked, stepping closer to me. I crossed my arms, looking at Karina who is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter