Twenty One

The Difference Between You And Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I jumped out of my skin as the sound of a locker being slammed open startled me. I looked to my right, seeing Somi scrimmaging through her locker. I squinted my eyes, hoping Karina is almost done at her locker. I went back to minding my own business, throwing books into my backpack.

 

"Where's Karina?" I heard beside me and I furrowed my eyebrows. I looked over at her and our eyes met. I took my eyes off of her, ignoring her.

 

"Right here, now carry on." I got shocked as I saw Karina came to the right of me, talking to Somi. She turned around and faced me, blocking my view of my ex girlfriend. "Ready for class baby?"

 

“Of course." I answered and shut my locker. We intertwined our hands, beating Somi first to class. I mean obviously because we were not going to walk with her.

 

Karina and I took our seats in first class, and I realized our projects are due today. Somi and I finished ours, but I think we have to present today. Oh no.

 

Somi walked in, eyeing me before plopping down in her seat in front of me. She digs through her bag to pull out out written papers from our project. I heard rustling of papers as she turned around and gave them to me. Well..practically threw them at me as they land on my desk. I scoffed, putting them in order and glancing at Karina. She's going through her papers carefully.

 

Class began and our teacher announces that we will be presenting today. This class is a history class so we were chosen to write about kings and queens in history. This seems like freshman year stuff but it was more difficult than you would of thought.

 

We watched as a pair presented first, their project being very well put together and explained perfectly. I always get anxiety during presentations, so I am not excited for this.

 

Karina and Felix present second. I payed close attention to their project and saw it's also impeccable. I admired my girlfriend standing up in the front of the class, her confident self presenting amazingly. When they are done, the class does some clapping like how it goes every time someone is done presenting.

 

"Winter and Somi are next." our teacher said out loud and I gave him a small smile. I stand up, following Somi to the front of the class. We take a look at our papers, and I tried to memorize what I'm going to say so don't have to read right off the paper. That's what he wanted us to do.

 

"European monarchies have existed for centuries, and over the years, Monarchs' rule has resulted in history changes as well as shocking stories that are told as history continues." I started off, seeing a satisfying look on our teacher's face. I took a deep breath, waiting for Somi to say her part that we talked about when we worked on the project, but it never came. I looked over at her and saw her staring at the floor. "U-um.." I glanced at my paper, deciding to take the lead and say her part. "Sometimes women would marry a king to become wealthy and that's it, so their lives were positioned all around money and their huge castles."

 

"Yeah, it's like they never even loved each other because most of the time they would just go and move on to another king that had more money. In other cases, better." Somi said immediately after me, making me furrow my eyebrows

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter