Meet

Devotion

Aeri stabbed her sandwich absentmindedly as she's pouting. They are now at the cafeteria having lunch together. Her friends just chuckled seeing her sulking face. 

"What's with her?" Jimin asked as soon as she sat down with her tray of food.

"She's sulking because a certain Ning Yizhuo have been ignoring her ever since Winter came." Yeji answered.

"Where is Ning?" Jimin asked.

"She has been helping Winter like touring her around and we don't know where they are having their lunch. Never seen Winter around here during lunch time." Lia replied this time.

"I was with them for my maths class before lunch. Winter wanted to catch up with Ningning some more. I mean today was just the second day, I'm sure they still have a lot to say to each other." Ryujin said.

"Yes! And I have a lot to say to Winter girl too. God, she is sooo pretty."

Now everyone looks at their Taiwanese friend, Yeh Shuhua. 

"Where have you been? We never see you yesterday." Yeji asked.

"I skipped because one of my dogs fell sick. I regret for not being here yesterday. I could've made a good impression on Winter's first day!" Shuhua pouted.

"Are you saying you want to flirt on the new student?" Lia asked.

"Ooh. Our vice president wouldn't like it." Ryujin teased. The vice president is Seo Soojin, their senior. 

"No! I just admire all the pretty girls okay but Jinjin is still my number one babe obviously and I am loyal to only her." Shuhua said proudly.

"Poor Seo Soojin, she have to deal with a troublemaker who just happened to be her girlfriend." Yuna sighed playfully.

"Yah!" Everyone laughed at Shuhua's reaction.

"You okay?" Jimin finally turned back to Aeri.

"Yeah, I'm good. I understand that they must have missed each other a lot. I mean, they were separated for 4 years." Aeri smiled.

"True." Jimin nodded.

"Have you met her?"

"Haven't."

"Damn. I really want to see how it's going to be when you two finally meet again."

 

 

... 

 

 

Ningning just keep smiling as she looked at her best friend. She is content to have her close with her again. They are now at the rooftop, enjoying the breeze while eating their home packed lunch.

"How's uncle and aunty?"

"They're good. How about your family?"

"Same old. They misses you too you know."

Minjeong smiled and nodded her head.

"I'll meet them soon."

"Hm."

Ningning bite on her chopsticks while she watched Minjeong carefully.

"You know, you can just say whatever is in your mind." Minjeong said, not looking at her.

"Do you... Still like her?"

Minjeong continues eating and Ningning paused as she waited for her answer. Minjeong smiled warmly at her best friend seeing the genuine curiosity on her face.

"I never stop." Minjeong whispered, still smiling.

"Really?"

"Mm."

"You went overseas, there should be a lot of good looking people and you never fall for anyone else?"

"I did meet some good looking people, men and women."

"And?"

"They are not Yoo Jimin. That's the only reason, Ning ah."

"You really have a strong admiration towards her huh."

Minjeong smiled and shook her head. 

"Ningning. What I have for her isn't just a simple crush."

"W-What?"

"She is my first love and I've been very much in love with her. My feelings, it grows more each day. And it never stops even until now."

"What are you going to do now?"

"I don't know yet. I'm not the same person as I used to be. I was young and careless back then. Now, I would say that I'm a mature person. I'm being careful with everything that I will say and do."

"Well, whatever you are going to do, just know that you have my support."

Minjeong looked at Ningning and grinned. 

"That's why there's nothing can stop me now that I have my best friend here, I have my strength back." Minjeong said.

"Of course." Ningning chuckled.

 

 

... 

 

 

On the third day, Ningning finally went to search for Aeri as she always did before Minjeong came.

"So you finally remember me?" Aeri asked, raising her eyebrows with arms crossed. Jimin who was sorting out her books inside her locker beside her just shaking her head hearing Aeri's sulky voice.

"Aw Aeri ah. I'm sorry! Please don't be mad at me. Ningning is sorry." Ning pouted and clasped her hands in front of Aeri.

Jimin finally closed her locker and turned to see the two of them. She chuckled seeing Aeri closed her eyes. She knows Aeri is weak when it comes to Ningning.

"Aeriiii. Please don't be like this. I promise I'll make it up to you, didn't I?" Ningning steps closer and slowly wrapped her arms around Aeri's waist which successfully making her opened her eyes.

"Forgive me?" Ningning smiled prettily and blinked her eyes innocently.

"This is illegal. Can I get her arrested for being illegally cute like this?" Aeri asked Jimin and looked at Jimin instead.

"You can't. Her best friend will come to rescue her." Jimin replied truthfully. Aeri groaned while Jimin and Ningning laughed at her.

"I forgot you finally have your bodyguard now other than me." Aeri said.

"Don't worry, you are still my favourite, Aeri Uchinaga." Ningning grinned and just hugged Aeri. Aeri blushed but hugged her back.

"Whipped." Jimin chuckled when she saw Aeri finally giving in.

"Are you going to watch our practice later?" Aeri asked.

"Yes!"

"Where's that best friend of yours?"

"Ah she had to skip her morning classes today, something came up."

"Wah. No wonder you're here with me." Aeri rolled her eyes. Ningning just chuckled and hugged her tighter.

"I'll introduce you to her properly."

"Okay."

Jimin just smiled watching them. 

 

 

... 

 

 

"It's lunch time! Let's go!" 

Yeji looked at Jimin who only shrugged in return. They followed Aeri from behind as Aeri has already skipped happily to the cafeteria. They took the usual table. 

"Ning will be having lunch with us today!" Aeri clapped her hands. 

"That explains why." Yeji whispered at Jimin. 

"Right."

Soon, one by one, their friends came and joined them. Their seating arrangement on the cafeteria's dining bench were from the left, Ryujin Lia Jimin while opposite them from Ryujin's front were Yuna Yeji and Aeri. 

"Hi guys." 

Shuhua joined them, she took a seat beside Jimin. She sighed and buried her face on her arms on the table. 

"What's wrong?" Aeri asked. 

"Jinjin scolded me and asked me to leave her alone. I just missed her, she's been busy." Shuhua pouted. 

"Well, what can you say? It's her senior year and she's the vice president. She got things to do." Lia said. 

"I know." Shuhua mumbled. 

"Hello everyone." Ningning finally joined them and sat down beside Aeri who smiled immediately. 

"Tell me again, why did I decide to court the Seo Soojin? She's so hard to please." Shuhua said. 

"Are you complaining?" Jimin asked, chuckling. 

"No. I just, I'm dying for her affection but it's so hard to get that from her." 

"She's all known for that but you should be proud, out of all her suitors, she only agreed to give you a chance." Aeri said. 

"Right. I'm lucky to have her." Shuhua grinned. 

"You are indeed very lucky." Ningning agreed. 

"Oh. Winter Winter!" Shuhua whispered and kept slapping Jimin's arm. 

The cafeteria suddenly went quiet when Minjeong entered. She came in with confidence, head held up and looking around. 

"Minjeong ah! Here!" Ning turned around and raised her hand. 

Minjeong nodded her head and walked towards their table. 

" she's coming!" 

"Why didn't you tell us that she'll have lunch with us?!" 

"Do I look okay?" 

"Oh my god oh my god!" 

Ningning and Aeri just chuckled at their friends behaviour while Jimin staring at Minjeong silently. 

"Hi! I'm Yeh Shuhua. You are really beautiful." Shuhua stands up abruptly and greeted the surprise Minjeong. 

"Oh. Hi, I'm-" 

"Winter! Oh, Kim Minjeong. Wait. What should we call you?" Shuhua asked. 

Minjeong cleared before she smiled. 

"You can call me either Winter or Minjeong, I don't mind."

"Great! Oh here here, sit here. Jimin scoot over please." Shuhua gestured Minjeong to sit beside Jimin. 

Jimin gave more space and Shuhua quickly pulled Minjeong to sit there before she squeezed herself in beside Minjeong causing Minjeong to get squeezed between Jimin and her. 

"So, we are all Ningning's friends." Shuhua said and introduced them one by one to Minjeong and everyone welcomed her warmly. 

"I guess there's no need for you to introduce your best friend to us." Aeri whispered at Ningning. 

"Right. She's even more excited than me." Ningning laughed. 

"Nice to meet you all." Minjeong bowed her head slightly. 

"Oh you haven't got anything." Shuhua frowned. 

"Ah I-" Minjeong stopped while everyone looks at Jimin blankly after Jimin spoke up.

"Here, you can have this." Jimin said and pushed her tray of food towards Minjeong. 

"And welcome to the group." Jimin added. 

Minjeong's eyes found Jimin's sincere eyes. They stared at each other softly. 

"Thank you." Minjeong mumbled. 

"No problem." Jimin replied. 

Their friends decided to let it off though it was their first time seeing Jimin giving her food to someone else. 

"So!" Shuhua scooted closer and pushed Minjeong more towards Jimin as she leaned even more. 

"Which clubs are you planning to join?" Shuhua asked in excitement. 

"Oh yeah, I want to know about that too!" Ningning joined the conversation. 

Jimin just looked down on Minjeong's left hand that's on her right thigh beside her own hand. She felt the space was too small so she pulled her hand out to put it around Minjeong's waist from the back. 

"It's good to finally meet you again, Kim Minjeong." Jimin whispered for only her to hear. 

"And I'm still keeping my promise if your feelings are still the same." She whispered again. 

Minjeong couldn't focus on what Shuhua was saying anymore after Jimin told her that. 

With that, Minjeong gained even more attention by sitting with Jimin's group of friends as well as being known as Ningning's childhood best friend.