Yoo Jimin

Devotion

"What? Do I have something on my face?" Jimin asked Aeri while she frowned as she drive.

"Don't think I didn't know what happened yesterday during lunch."

"What happened?"

"Geez, Jimin. I saw it okay! You literally put your hand around Minjeong! I thought you don't like her. Isn't that why you keep rejecting her in the past?"

"Ningning told you everything huh."

"Of course."

Jimin sighed and thinks of Minjeong.

"At first, I didn't." Jimin said.

"Then?"

"But after graduate and moved to high school, I find myself thinking about her. Like, I'm used to having to see her everyday. She will always come to me and accompany me whenever I was alone." Jimin started to tell Aeri about Minjeong.

"Whenever my other admirers step forward, she will make them back off. She always scares them away."

"And you let her?"

Jimin laughed and nodded her head.

"Mainly because they are jerks anyways. Minjeong never really stop those sweet people to come close to me. She only get protective over me when it comes to bad people."

"That's so nice of her but won't she get jealous seeing others flirt with you?"

"Of course. She always told me but it doesn't bother her that much as I never really entertain anyone. I'm not in the mood for any relationship at that time too."

"Okay. Then what happened?"

"Well, as you have known already, I always said no to her. She confessed so many times and I only rejected her everytime. But I don't know why, before we part ways last time, I made a promise with her."

"What promise?"

"That if one day we meet again, if I'm still single and if she still have feelings for me, I will finally give her a chance."

Jimin looks at Aeri's confused face. Aeri furrows her eyebrow before a realization hit her.

"Oh my god! Jimin! You are still single!"

"Yeah."

"And and... If she still like you, you will...?"

"Yes Aeri."

"Oh my god. For real?"

"Yep."

Jimin finally parked her car at her usual parking spot, she chuckled as she went out of her car. Ignoring all the usual stares she get from the students before coming over to Aeri's side.

"Do you like her? Like finally?" Aeri asked. She leaned her back against her car and crossed her arms.

"I don't know yet. I'm happy that we met again. It's honestly so good to see her again." Jimin said.

"Uh huh."

"But you see, I don't mind to give us a try. Minjeong is... I don't know. She's just different. Whenever people tried to flirt or court me, I can't help but to compare them with Minjeong."

"Is that why you still reject everyone until now?"

"Hm. Maybe, just maybe, I am actually have been waiting for Minjeong?" Jimin smiled seeing Aeri's shocked face.

"The hell is wrong with you? If you like her then why would you reject her?"

"I told you I don't know yet about how I really feel okay. All I know is that I like the idea of having her in my life again. And in the past, I'm not interested to be in any relationship."

"How about now?"

"I don't mind but no one attracts my attention ye-" Jimin paused when another car just parked beside them.

"Aeri!"

Jimin ignored Ningning who ran towards Aeri already while her eyes stay on Minjeong's figure. Minjeong slings her bag on her left shoulder and smiled seeing Ningning being that happy to see Aeri.

"Oh wow, I don't know you'll miss me this much." Aeri teased while Ningning just whined and slapped her arm.

Minjeong finally looked at Jimin, she raised her eyebrows when Jimin is already looking at her.

"I like your outfit, you look good." Jimin compliment her while looking up and down at her.

"Heard that a lot." Minjeong replied and shrugged her shoulders.

Jimin snorted.

"I see that after all these years, you gained confidence."

"I have someone to impress. After all, there's a promise that I'm coming after." Minjeong said and looking straight into her eyes.

"A promise..." Jimin mumbled.

"Okay you guys can flirt with each other later. We need to go to the class now." Aeri said interrupting their conversation.

"Let's go!" Ningning pulled Aeri with her and Aeri is more than happy to get pulled by her crush.

Minjeong followed them from behind and Jimin make her way beside Minjeong. They looked at each other before they both looked away. 

"I'm getting my book from my locker first." Jimin told Aeri.

"Oh okay. I'll just send Ning off to her first class." Aeri said.

"Minjeong?"

"I'll be there shortly. You guys go ahead." Minjeong told Ningning.

Ningning nodded her head before continue pulling Aeri with her.

"Where are you going?" Jimin asked.

"Can I come with you?" Minjeong asked.

"Huh?"

"You're still keeping your promise right?"

"Yeah."

"Then I'll come with you."

Jimin looks confused. Minjeong does not say that she's going to court her again but Jimin does not want to say anything first.

"Alright."

Jimin just let her tag along. Minjeong leaned her back against the locker beside Jimin and waited for the girl to take her book. She keeps her poker face when students passing by and keep glancing at their way. 

After all, they have never seen Jimin let anyone else other than her friends to get close to her. Even her admirers didn't get to walk with Jimin as she will always stop them.

"So, have you decide which club you will join?" Jimin asked while checking the books.

"Maybe Music or Badminton. I don't know." Minjeong answered.

"Why not both?"

"Can I?"

"Yeah, no one explain it to you yet? We actually can take two clubs. I take Volleyball and Swimming." Jimin told her.

"Really? I'll think about it."

"Mhm."

Jimin finally done and closed her locker.

"I'm going to my class now." She said.

"I'll walk you there." Minjeong said.

Some students gasped when they heard that. No one ever dared to walk Jimin to her class except for friends and her classmates. Jimin would always tell people to back off and doesn't need their company.

"Okay." Jimin said and walked ahead.

Minjeong tilted her head in confusion when she saw the students there looks at her in disbelieve.

"Minjeong ah, you're coming?" Jimin asked and now the students looked at Jimin with their wide eyes.

"Oh. Yeah." Minjeong ran a little towards Jimin before they walked together.

"What's with them?" Minjeong asked. Jimin looked around and shrugged.

Jimin glanced secretly at Minjeong and hide a smile. She's glad to have Minjeong walking her to her class. It's just like the old time.

'I missed this'