Information

Devotion

Something happened to Minjeong's family that she had no choice but to leave Seoul and followed her parents to go to New York. It was hard for her, she drowned herself in books and papers when she was abroad. She filled her free time by studying and learning business stuffs to replace her father's position in his company in the future as she is the only heiress.

School was just okay to her there but she didn't make a lot of new friends, she doesn't care. She was as cold as ice and never give any opportunity for anyone to take advantage of her which gained her a new nickname, Winter.

Throughout all the years away from Seoul, she kept in touch with Ningning, her loyal best friend who cried a river of tears at the airport when she sent her off. Kim Minjeong couldn't help but to cry with her as the two of them hugged each other tight, promised to never forget one another.

There's another person who never left Minjeong's mind while she's away aside from her best friend, its her first love. Minjeong still thinks of her every second of her life and wonder if she will get a chance to meet her again.

"Ms. Kim, your father is waiting for you inside."

Minjeong snapped out of her thoughts when the secretary of her father just called her. She nodded politely before knocking softly on the door and entered the room. 

"I'm here dad."

She took a seat on the chair in front of her father's desk.

"I heard you rejected a proposal last night."

"Yes."

"It's a proposal from the daughter of Mr. Lewis."

"Yeah, I know."

Minjeong's father frowned and intertwined his fingers on the desk as he stared at Minjeong with his serious face.

"Minjeong. She is-"

"I know who she is and I know her status as well as how influential her family is, but dad I don't like her."

"I heard she had been courting you for a year-"

"A year and a half and I still don't like her."

Minjeong's father sighed as he rubbed his temple.

"Her father called."

Minjeong only raised her eyebrows, signaling her father to continue.

"He asked me to make you agree to accept their proposal for their daughter."

"Please don't tell me that you accept it."

"I don't but I asked for some time to pursue you to it."

"That's not going to happen dad."

"But maybe you can reconsider it?"

"If this is all you're going to talk about then I'm done here dad. I have somewhere else to go now. And no, my answer will always be no." Minjeong said coldly before leaving without waiting for her father to reply her.

 

Later that night, breaking news spread all over the internet and on TVs.

Minjeong just finished drinking as she looked at the TV inside the restaurant she was dining in with her friend, Mark.

"Damn. You really broke her eh." Mark commented reading the news in disbelieve.

"What are you going to do now?" Mark asked.

Minjeong just traced her forefinger on the glass in circular motion as she's watching the news in amusement rather than feeling upset about it.

"What I've been wanting to do." Minjeong said.

"And that is?"

"It's time to go back to Seoul." Minjeong smirked.

Mr. Lewis used his power to block Minjeong's father's business activity in the city and leaving him no choice but to close down his company and leave the city. Minjeong also got banned from every school and universities there.

"You're just going to leave? Really?" Mark asked again.

"Mark Lee, tell me, do you know me as Winter or Kim Minjeong?"

"Um, both?"

"Exactly. Do you know what happen when I become one?"

"Huh?"

"Winter is deadly. Kim Minjeong is unpredictable. But if I become both in one time, you know what will happen?"

"You're planning something in that smart brain of yours, are you?" Mark squinted at her.

"Uh huh and from now on, you're going to be my right hand." Minjeong said.

"I'm what now?"

"Just trust me, oppa."

 

 

... 

 

 

Kim Minjeong went back to meet her parents after having a dinner with Mark. She went straight to the living room and saw her parents had already waiting for her there. 

"We're going back to Seoul with the earliest flight." Her father said and she kept her poker face while celebrating inside her head.

"You're going to continue your study there and you will still need to do some paper works for me, it's going to be tough this time. We're starting from the bottom again." Her father told her again.

"If you still want me to continue working for you, I want to take part in building this company from the scratch again." Minjeong announced.

"What?"

"I just need you to trust me, dad. That's all I need. And I promise you, I'll make you proud and show them that there's nothing can bring us down again."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes but in that case, I will need to study through online for a year. Just a year then I'll attend the university for normal classes."

Her parents looked at each other and for the first time, they saw their daughter's eyes filled with a strong determination.

"So, do you trust me dad?" Minjeong asked.

"We'll continue this once we settle down in Seoul. For now, pack your things. We're leaving in few hours."