One chance

Devotion

For the past few weeks, Jimin was not herself. She kept daydreaming and she has been so distracted lately. Aeri noticed this, their friends noticed this as well. It all start after the party.

"Spill it."

Jimin looked up and saw Aeri already in front of her. 

"Where's the rest?" Jimin asked.

"Jimin. The class has finished a minute ago and everyone left already."

"Oh."

Jimin frowned and started packing her stuff. 

"Jimin. You know you can tell me anything."

"I know."

"Then?"

"I'm confused."

"About what?"

"Me?"

"Huh?"

"I just. I'm just confused about something, about me. I don't know Aeri ya. I just don't know but I promise I'll tell you once I know what is it. Okay?"

Aeri sighed and nodded her head. 

"But don't keep it in for too long. I'm worried about you. You were so out of it nowadays." Aeri said.

"Yeah. Don't worry too much." Jimin smiled.

"Let's go then. The others probably at the cafeteria already."

Jimin and Aeri walked together to the cafeteria and everyone complaining of what took them so long which Aeri lied and said they lost track of time while talking about the show that they watched.

Jimin took a seat beside Minjeong, as always. Minjeong just eat her food peacefully when Jimin came. She mumbled a soft "hi" which Jimin just smiled in return.

"I heard there will be a lot of competition this year." Yeji said.

"And we will join the competition for sure." Aeri said.

"Practice well then I'll see about it." Jimin told them.

"Aye aye captain!" Aeri and Yeji both said in chorus and the others just laughed at their silly behaviour.

"There will be badminton competition too, are you participating?" Ningning asked Minjeong.

"Mm nope. Maybe next year." Minjeong replied.

"Why? You were so good." Ryujin asked.

"I just joined the club, let me enjoy it first as a hobby. I don't want to stress myself out for something huge." Minjeong smiled.

"That's alright. You still have next year too." Ningning said.

"Yeah."

"Jimin, you're not eating anything?" Lia asked.

"I'm not that hungry." Jimin replied.

"That's weird."

Jimin smiled and looked at Minjeong who was frowning at her.

"Why?" Jimin asked.

"Are you on diet?" Minjeong squinted her eyes.

"What? No. Of course not." Jimin frowned as well.

"Good. You look so fine. Don't need to do anything anymore." Minjeong said casually.

"A-ah. Thanks." Jimin cleared and felt the heat creeping in on her cheeks.

She cursed herself for being like this. Minjeong always flirt with her since back then. Yet, she never felt this way before.

"Here. At least, drink something." Minjeong gave her the juice she's been drinking.

"Thanks." Jimin just took it and sip a drink.

After the lunch, they all left for their next classes except for Minjeong who always insisted on accompanying Jimin to her next class. 

"Is everything alright?" Minjeong asked.

Jimin turned to the left to look at her but Minjeong just looked straight ahead.

"Why do you ask?" Jimin asked.

"I don't know. You seems like not yourself these few days."

"Something is bothering my mind."

"Is it something serious?"

"Hm. Kind of?"

Minjeong nodded then they kept quiet again.

"Hey Minjeong."

"Yeah?"

"How did you know that you like me?"

Minjeong stopped walking and looked at Jimin who stopped as well.

"I..."

"You?"

"This is cliché but it's actually love at first sight." Minjeong said shrugging her shoulders.

"What?"

"I don't just like you. Yes I thought it was a huge crush but as time passes by, I realised that I'm falling for you without knowing." Minjeong said.

"You... You are in love with me?"

"That's right." Minjeong chuckled.

"I was really heartbroken when you rejected me during your graduation. But I didn't really have the time to drown myself in sadness due to my heartache at that time because something came up and I face the downfall of life."

"I'm so sorry." Jimin mumbled.

"Nah. Don't be. I would like to think that things happen for a reason. Maybe it's a way to make me grow stronger. I mean, look at where I am now?"

Jimin smiled and nodded her head.

"I'm glad for you. You are really strong." Jimin told her.

"I'm glad too. I didn't know I could be this strong." Minjeong said.

"Anyways, why did you ask?" Minjeong asked.

"I'm curious I guess. I never know how does it feel like to like someone... Or to be in love."

"I see." Minjeong nodded her head.

"So you never like anyone?" Minjeong asked.

"Never."

"Do you want to?"

"Huh?"

"To like someone? To be in love?"

"Well, I wasn't really interested in all of this before."

"Now?"

"Now, the idea wasn't so bad."

"It really is not." Minjeong smiled.

"Falling is love is a beautiful feeling." Minjeong said.

They started walking again and this time Minjeong walked closer beside her.

"So, you are just curious?" Minjeong asked again.

"Yes." Jimin answered.

"Do you want to find out?"

"What?"

"How does it feel to be in love?"

"Hmm. Maybe?"

Minjeong nodded her head as she tried to think carefully about what she was going to say next.

"I can help you with that." Minjeong suddenly said.

"You can?"

"I mean, I can try."

"Oh."

"If you would let me and I'm still holding onto your promise."

Jimin looked at Minjeong. The promise. It has been so long since they last talked about it and only now Minjeong brought it up again. 

"You're saying?"

"I'll help you discover the feeling of being in love. While doing that, I'll court you and try to make you fall for me too." Minjeong said while looking into Jimin's eyes, to let her know that she's being serious with her.

"This is where I'm claiming the promise you made with me. I'm taking that chance." Minjeong said again.

"No pressure though. You don't have to do anything. Just let me try and win your heart properly this time. Just this one chance, Yoo Jimin. I'm taking this one chance now. So, would you like to go out with me this Saturday? It'll be a date, an official one this time."

Jimin looked ahead and saw that her class was nearby. She looked back at Minjeong who was waiting for her reply with a smile on her face. 

" Okay."