Closer

Devotion

Minjeong brought Jimin out for few more dates after their successful first date. For all the dates, Minjeong made Jimin enjoyed their day and making Jimin felt comfortable around her. Now they are getting closer than before. Everyone noticed how strong their bond is now. 

Minjeong will always be there for Jimin, vice versa. No one knows about Minjeong trying to court Jimin as she didn't make it too obvious. Minjeong cares about Jimin a lot so she does not want to make her uncomfortable with the unnecessary attention she will be getting if she were to court her openly.

In everyone's eyes now, is that the two of them became close friends.

"Good morning, sunshine."

Jimin laughed when Minjeong greeted her that way before she saw her leaning her back against the locker beside her.

"Good morning to you too, Ms Charming."

Minjeong grinned causing Jimin to laugh more.

"I am charming, I know." Minjeong said.

"So the flirty Minjeong is back?" Ningning asked.

"She's so cuteeee. And sweet!" Aeri squealed. Glad to finally be able to witness Minjeong flirted with her best friend.

"Current flirty Minjeong is okay, I guess. You don't want to see how flirty she was back then, it was totally unnecessary." Ningning said.

"Hey! I wasn't that bad." Minjeong argued.

"You were reading me all sort of cringe love poem with that smoldering face of yours, Minjeong. I have to agree with Ningning." Jimin commented and shivered.

Ningning and Aeri just laughed at Minjeong's annoyed face.

"Whatever."

Jimin smiled looking at Minjeong. She was not sure of how she feels for her yet but one thing for sure is that she is very comfortable with her already and she does not hesitate to let Minjeong see all side of her, the good ones and her flaws. She felt like she can just be herself around Minjeong.

"Heads up, Jimin. The Jeno guy is planning to make a move on you." Aeri suddenly said.

"Jeno?"

"Yeah."

They all looked at Minjeong's calm face to see a reaction from her but none.

"Let's go to class." Jimin said.

"Are you free this Sunday?" Jimin asked.

"I should be. Why?"

"Do you want to come over? My family won't be home as they all have business oversea and we can spend time together but I don't feel like going out and just want to stay at home."

"Sure. What time should I come?"

"At 7?

"Night?"

"No, silly. In the morning of course."

"What are we going to do that early?" Minjeong asked.

"To swim! I love to swim in the morning when I don't have class."

"Swim?"

"I have a swimming pool. Come on, it'll be fun."

"You know by now that I couldn't say no to you, right Jimin?"

Jimin laughed and side hugged Minjeong. 

"I know."

"And you still asked."

"Just because."

"Fine. I'll be there at 7 on this Sunday." Minjeong said.

Jimin smiled widely, happy that Minjeong agreed. She would want to spend time with her on Saturday as well but she promised Aeri to hang out with her already as she was told that she seemed to forget her best friend ever since she's close with Minjeong now.

Aeri was sulking about it. Well, not really. She was busy taking out Ningning too but yeah, she missed Jimin so she demanded a best friend day out.

 

 

... 

 

 

"Jimin. Is there something going on between you and Minjeong?" 

"Hm? We're close friends." 

"You do know that we all know about her feelings for you, right?" 

"Yes." 

Aeri put down her chopsticks and looked at Jimin. 

"Jimin. Are you really not going to do anything?" 

"What do you want me to do, Aeri?" 

"She loves you." 

"We all know that." 

"She's going to keep hurting. You are not returning her feelings." 

"Aeri. We are close friends. She's with me because we're friends. If she's hurting, she will just leave." 

Aeri shook her head and looked at Jimin seriously. 

"Jimin. We are talking about the greatest Kim Minjeong here. Even if she's hurting, she won't leave you. Trust me." 

"She... She is actually courting me." 

Jimin raised her eyes to look at the blank face on Aeri. 

"Aeri?" 

Aeri raised her hand and drank her water. She put down the glass and looked at Jimin again. 

"What is it again?" She asked Jimin. 

"Minjeong is courting me."

"You're kidding." 

"I'm not. It's been a while already."

Aeri scoffed and crossed her arms before glaring at Jimin. 

"Okay. Spill." 

 

 

​​​​​​... 

 

 

"I thought you will swim but why do I see you just floating there while daydreaming?"

Jimin snapped out of her thoughts and glanced at Minjeong who just came to her outdoor pool, going to the pool chair to put down her bag before turning to face Jimin who was at the other end of the pool.

"I was waiting for you." Jimin said.

"I only agreed to come here and spend time with you, not to swim." Minjeong replied.

Jimin then rolled off from the pool floats and dived in before swimming her way to the other end to see Minjeong closer.

Minjeong just watched her swim beautifully towards her with a smile on her face.

When Jimin reached the end, she surfaced from her dive and run her fingers over her hair letting the water to drip down on her face as she looked at Minjeong who's already looking at her.

"You really don't want to swim?" She asked.

"No, and I don't bring extra clothes." Minjeong said.

"You can borrow mine."

Minjeong raised her eyebrows and sauntered towards her.

"I'm afraid I might not give you back your clothes since I like you very much, I would keep it and hug it to sleep." Minjeong wiggled her eyebrows in a teasing manner. Jimin just rolled her eyes but nonetheless, she laughed.

"I can just watch you swim. Don't worry about me. I won't get bored. Never when I'm with you." Minjeong said as she squatted down in front of her.

Jimin moved closer and rested her arms at the edge of pool stock, eyes looking up at Minjeong. Minjeong gave her a soft smile before her right hand moved to caress Jimin's wet face. Jimin just blinked her eyes at Minjeong, heart skipping few beats swiftly.

"Why do you always look beautiful no matter what you do?" Minjeong mumbled.

"Am I really beautiful to you?" Jimin can't help but to ask.

"Very."

"How would you feel when someone you like tells you that you're beautiful?" Jimin asked.

"I would be thrilled." Minjeong answered.

"And when someone you like stares at you, your heart will feel like it wants to burst." Minjeong told her.

"Like, the heart beats fast?"

"Yes and it's terrifying, but at the same time it makes you feel excited. It's that kind of feeling."

Jimin nodded her head, gathering the information in her head as she tried to figure out if what her heart was doing to her when she's around Minjeong now is the feeling that Minjeong was telling her about or not.