After a year

Devotion

Aespa University. 

It is one of the well known universities in Seoul for enrolling top students from everywhere. Ning Yizhuo managed to get into it with her own hard work. She gained new friends and even hanging out with the unnies from Junior and Senior years now. 

She's in her Sophomore year now and believe it or not, she's close with her best friend's first love circle of friends too. Thanks to her social skills.

It had been a year since she last heard from Minjeong. It would be a lie to say that she's not affected by her sudden disappearance after what happened to her and her family in New York. She was sad and she missed her so much.

"Hey, you're daydreaming again."

Ning got startled by the nudge on her arm. She just smiled at Aeri Uchinaga next to her, one of the Juniors that she's close with.

"Aeri? What are you doing here? You should be practicing."

"Well I can't help but to notice your sullen face."

"Ah." Ning Yizhuo looked down on her feet and sighed.

"I just miss my best friend. That's all." Ning mumbled.

Aeri smiled and wrapped an arm around her shoulder and squeezed her gently.

"Hey. I'm sure she have a good reason as to why she suddenly disappeared. Let's just hope she'll contact you again soon. Alright?"

"Yeah. I hope so. I'm worried about her."

"I'm sure you are but let's not get too sad alright? She'll come around. I trust her."

"You do?" Ning looked at Aeri in surprised.

"Even if I have never met her yet but based on all your story about her, she is a trustworthy person so yes I do."

"I trust her too." Ning smiled this time and Aeri smiled back in return.

"Good. Now cheer up and watch me, after this we'll go to the cafe that you like. How's that sound?"

"Brilliant." Ning grinned and Aeri chuckled as she ruffled her hair playfully.

"Good. Wait here okay."

Aeri then ran back to her volleyball team and approached the captain who's also her best friend, Yoo Jimin.

"Is she okay?" Jimin asked and glanced at Ningning.

"She is, for now. She is just missing her best friend a.k.a your great admirer."

Jimin rolled her eyes but couldn't help to feel worried about Minjeong's whereabout too.

She was surprised when she met Ning Yizhuo again but she knows the girl is smart enough to be able to get into the university she's enrolling. Surprisingly too, she kind of expected to see Minjeong with Ning together since the two have been inseparable since middle school and are best friend.

Imagine her shock when she found out  Minjeong left just in the last year of middle school and Ningning had been spending her high school years without Minjeong by her side until she got into the university now.

"I hope this Kim Minjeong will come back again and I want to meet her too." Aeri said.

It has been so long since Jimin last saw her. Even though they weren't really friends to begin with and Minjeong was just her persistent admirer, Jimin is actually fond of her and she remembered her as someone who's very kind and sweet to her.

"Now what's making our captain and co captain to be so deep in thoughts? The year has just started, chill guys."

Both Aeri and Jimin turned to one of their team mates, Yeji. 

"Did you warm up with the rest already?" Jimin asked her.

"We did."

"Alright, let's start the first round then." Jimin announced and called everyone to be in their position.

They finished the practice with ease and Ningning stayed until the end. Aeri went back to her at the bleacher.

Ning passed her a bottle of water and smiled at her.

"You guys were good." Ning praised as always.

"Of course we are." Aeri laughed and gave her back the water.

"I'll clean up real fast then we'll go to the cafe right away. Here's my car key, you can wait in the car first." Aeri said and handed Ning her key.

"I won't be long."

"Okay." Ning then grabbed her bag and walked ahead.

"You know at this rate, you guys should date each other already." Jimin commented once she's beside Aeri.

"We will. Soon." Aeri replied.

 

While on the other hand, 

A blonde girl was standing facing the glass window with hands inside her pocket. She heard a knock and asked the person to enter her office. 

"Ms. Kim, your guest is here."

"Let him in."

"Okay, Ms. Kim."

After a few seconds, she heard the door being opened and closed again and steps approaching her desk.

"Everything is all set and ready, Winter sshi. Or should I just call you The Kim Minjeong?"

The blonde chuckled lowly before turning around to look at her guest.

"Welcome to Seoul, Mark Lee."

The man grinned at her and put a file on the desk.

"I've done all of my part now." He said.

Minjeong takes the file and flipped it open.

"Hmm."

She reviewed the file briefly and smirked in satisfaction.

"So, do you think I'm suitable for that vacant position in your company?" Mark asked.

"It's all in process already, oppa. You'll be getting an email from us in no time." Minjeong informed him.

"Really? Are you serious? Oh yeah!"

"But don't forget your studies. I promised your parents that you won't abandon your studies while working for me."

"Ugh. Right. I don't mind. I still get my salary every month." Mark laughed.

"So, which university you're planning to enroll in?" Mark asked.

"Aespa. Aespa University." Minjeong answered without hesitation.

"Damn. You're going for the best one. Well, good luck on your studies there! I hope things will running smoothly for you now."

"Thanks oppa."

 

 

...

 

 

Breaking news! 

KMJ Corporation is now successfully become the top 3 investment companies internationally. They managed to break through a new record and taking over the new position as the best choice for investment company. 

Reports showed that this success was made by Kim's one and only heiress, Kim Minjeong or better known as Winter. She is now the youngest successful businesswoman in this era and is prominent in business industry as she has a long list of connection with other influential companies, heir and heiress.

 

The news spread like wildfire. Everyone was shocked. Just previously, they were announced for their downfall but now suddenly they are on the top. No one knows how Minjeong did it, she never exposed about who she be friends with and how did she manage to earn trust from every companies and other business partners that able to help her and her father's company to stand on their own again. 

At the other meeting room, all of Minjeong's allies gathered. Everyone was watching the news with pride.

"Your cousin is good."

"I told you, my girlfriend knows only the best one."

"Mhm. We gotta admit that."

"Right. I never regret in joining this unbelievable mission. I thought I'll go bankrupt but surprisingly, she managed to turn the table around."

"She is Kim Minjeong, alright. I'm glad we all happened to come across her."

"I trust her from the start. I can feel her aura as soon as she introduced herself, just like when I first met Taeyeon unnie last time."

Kim Taeyeon, Minjeong's supportive cousin who is reliable and always been there for Minjeong. Minjeong is her favourite cousin and she always spoiled her since she was still a kid. However, growing up to become a decent person, Minjeong started to refuse her sweet gesture to be independent.

Taeyeon understands of course but she missed spoiling her. So when Minjeong came to see her and asked for a help, she agreed without doubt right away. She will do anything for Minjeong. That's how much she love her cousin.

Being a CEO of her own company and her strong bond with her other friends who also owned a successful company and are all trustworthy in business industry internationally as well as having connections with other important business people, she asked them to join the mission in helping Minjeong.

Of course, her girlfriend was eager to help too. Tiffany Hwang, the most influential one out of them all after Kim Taeyeon, with her bubbly and bold personality that can easily get people to give in to her.

"Thank you guys. It means a lot to me and Minjeong. Now, it's time to strive for more and maintain our achievements." Taeyeon winked.

 

 

... 

 

 

Ning Yizhuo, I'm back. I'll see you soon bestie!     05:58pm.