Ch 8: Pondering

Don't Go Breaking My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The city was starting to disappear from her line of sight, eyes focused on the road ahead. There were a few cars throughout Route 1. They just passed by Mokpo’s busy streets. Office hours ended for some, while some were rushing to buy takeaway dinner. Could it be teokbokki or fried chicken? It didn’t matter.

 

 

There she saw how the girl riding shotgun would gush about the city lights. 

 

 

Hair flowing so soft with the windows down. Taeyeon had the roof on this time since it rained earlier.

 

 

Tiffany looked terrific under the moonlight. Or was it the city lights? She can’t decide. It was just Tiffany being the most exquisite thing in her eyes. Like a flashing light, the girl was shining brightly, and if she weren’t paying attention to the road, they’d be crashing right there.

 

 

As much as she wanted to just stare at her, she wouldn’t be compromising their safety because Tiffany, god, Taeyeon can’t believe that the girl would just agree to go on a road trip with her. It was practically a date to her!

 

 

Before leaving Seoul, she hears the girl saying ‘lil’ ’ under her breath before proceeding to pack. Taeyeon pretended not to listen as long as she was coming. She thought it was cute, to be honest.

 

 

“Having fun?” Taeyeon asks, her smile never leaving her face when she looks at Tiffany, who had her arm outstretched at the car window.

 

 

Tiffany gives her the prettiest eye smile Taeyeon has ever seen in her life.

 

 

“So much!”

 

 

They were on the road for a few hours before Taeyeon stopped by a local gas station, good timing since her favorite girl was also getting thirsty. It will take another forty minutes to arrive at Jeonju, better to get something to eat just in case.

 

 

“Oh, wow. Just this much for all of these?” Tiffany asks the old woman behind the counter. She looks at what she bought. Some chips, chocolates, and six cans of beers, there really weren’t many choices since they were in the middle of a highway.

 

 

While Taeyeon was busy filling up the tank of her precious car, Tiffany took the liberty of getting something to eat. She was feeling a bit tired at the moment, thanks to her stressing out back in Seoul. It’ll also be practical to buy food since they’ll be arriving late.

 

 

Come to think of it, Taeyeon didn’t say anything yet about where they will be staying. Her stupid self also forgot to ask because she was too excited about going on a trip with the other girl.

 

 

The woman warmly answers her. “Yes, ma’am. When you’re heading south, prices usually drop too.”

 

 

She’s about to pay when she hears the familiar wind chimes from the front door, and Taeyeon enters the shop before handing a good amount of money to the woman.

 

 

How can someone enter a convenience store in the middle of an unknown road tonight be so attractive?

 

 

Easy, it has to be Kim Taeyeon with that sheepish grin and gray highlights on her hair, and yes, let us not forget those hottie-cute suspenders Tiffany would like to pull on.

 

 

‘Wait, what?’

 

 

“Oh my god, Miss Kim!” the woman immediately grabs hold of Taeyeon’s hand “my husband, and I are big supporters of you and your family. Thank you so much for your hard work.”

 

 

The older woman looked at Taeyeon like her child graduating from college. For the first time, Tiffany wondered what kind of job kept Taeyeon busy? Perhaps, she’ll ask later when they arrive.

 

 

Taeyeon blushes, feeling overwhelmed with the sudden praise.

 

 

“It’s an honor, ma’am.”

 

 

“Please take this, Miss Kim. You and your lovely companion don’t have to pay for anything.”

 

 

“Please, we can’t take this for free.” Taeyeon gives back the cash, a sincere smile evident on her face.

 

 

“But Miss Kim …”, suddenly the woman quickly runs at what Tiffany and Taeyeon thought to be a stock room and small office. She comes back with additional snacks and six more bottles of soju.

 

 

“I heard that Miss Kim loved to drink, so please take this. It’s the least we could offer with you coming by.”

 

 

Taeyeon looks at Tiffany for a split second and offers a thankful nod to the sweet old lady. “I’m sure you wouldn’t let us leave without these,” she jokes. “Thank you, Ahjumma.”

 

 

Tiffany also offers a thank you before leaving with Taeyeon. The woman never forgot to tell her how pretty she was. She felt shy with the compliment, especially in front of Taeyeon.

 

 

She quickly gets in the car and notices Taeyeon is already guzzling up a can of beer and starts to drive.

 

 

“Is that even legal?”

 

 

Taeyeon raises the can before drinking again. “This? No.”

 

 

“I wanna arrive there in one piece, Taeyeon.”

 

 

“Don’t worry, hun. I got this; it isn’t too far now.”

 

 

porca miseria.

 

 

Taeyeon loved calling her different names. Not that she minded.

 

 

“Just so you know, I don’t handle men in uniform well.”

 

 

Taeyeon gives her a questioning look.

 

 

“I get y, Taeyeon. Now, drive. I wanna lie down soon.”

 

 

__________________________________

 

 

Jeonju had that glow of a cultural city that’s slowly leaning on to urbanization. It was a cultural city that had good old Korean food and historic buildings. Tiffany thinks that it’s being true to its name since Jeonju literally translates to perfect region in English.

 

 

Too lost in her little thoughts and admiration for the city that she didn’t notice that they had already arrived. Taeyeon pulls up in what Tiffany thinks to be too fancy and modern to be a hanok house. Spacious driveway and garden? An enormous space inside that had enough room for three to six maids working inside. It looked a little small from the outside because of the tall mahogany gate.

 

 

A man meets them and hugs Taeyeon not before he signals two staff to get hers and Taeyeon’s belongings from the car trunk. 

 

 

“Yunho! It’s been a while!” Taeyeon tells him after a brief hug.

 

 

“What do you mean a while? It’s been years Taeyeon, te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter