Ch 2: '82

Don't Go Breaking My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Korea wasn’t an accessible market. The economy wasn’t that great at the moment, but the development of pop culture in the colorful city of Seoul is something that sparked her interest. The fashion industry was on the rise, and she wouldn’t miss out on having the chance of giving Amare a Korean touch. This made her work terribly harder night and day. She needed to study thrice harder for the language, and that is while designing new concepts.

 

 

Two years have passed since she met with her father in Busan to deal with the new investors. They were looking forward to the exports and imports for both parties as it will significantly affect the country’s rising economy. It was easy to market clothes. They just needed support from the locals who are in high social statuses to get close to the public. It was easy considering that the Western influence was immense in most Asian countries. With the investors promising them good ties with some politicians, there wouldn’t be much problem.

 

 

1982.

 

 

Amare is earning so much money Tiffany could literally roll on it.

 

 

Ricco sfondato.

 

 

Tomorrow will be the second time she travels to Seoul. She’ll be meeting with her team since they’ve been on a roll after opening the 5th pop-up store in Gangnam. Young adults, teenagers, and even businesswomen were flooding the place. It was still a luxury brand. Their customers mainly come from high-end family backgrounds—some rich kids whose fathers are realtors and even bank managers or conglomerates.

 

 

Chaebol.

 

 

She smiles, knowing what it means.

 

 

“Signora? A call from Signore David.” One of her maids calls out.

 

 

She gets up to answer the phone and responds, “What do you want?”

 

 

“Stepha-”

 

 

“Don’t call me that, David. Stop wasting your time because I will not take you back on the board.” She harshly tells him.

 

 

The man sighs, knowing how Tiffany was always firm and committed. “Alright, then I guess I just wanted to know how are you doing?”

 

 

Tiffany slightly laughs, twirling the telephone line with her long, manicured nails. She looks at the newly attached Midday painting on her spacious living room by Evgenia Antipova. She remembers how her and David’s wedding portrait was hanging there.

 

 

“David, do you want to meet my lawyer again?”

 

 

“That’s not what I meant, Tiffany. I’m just-”

 

 

“I am good, better since you left, and I’m just on my way to conquer more runways after divorcing you. So yes, you could say I’m good.”

 

 

She slams the phone down and takes her time to calm down.

 

 

Tiffany wasn’t really that affected after her divorce from David. The man has an ego bigger than his , and when Tiffany found out he was cheating on her with one of their models, she didn’t hesitate to call her family’s attorney to start with the divorce. She may have loved him at some point. There wouldn’t be a wedding ceremony if she didn’t. It was just that even if it’s been months since they separated, the man keeps on calling and sending letters or flowers, which would go straight on her trash. He either wanted to get back, get inside her pants, or be reinstated as one of the company’s managers. 

 

 

Milan is tiring, so might as well consider traveling to Korea as a vacation. Her father wouldn’t mind if he left her there since he would be returning to New York after meeting each other. Besides, she has made a few friends already. All were also fashion enthusiasts and an actress. 

 

 

“If David calls again, tell him I’m out or busy. If he insists on talking to me, tell him I’m out ing someone else bett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter