Chapter 14: Proper

Talk To Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

School Grounds

10:20am

 

Seulgi left the basketball court feeling better. She is feeling so good she thinks the sun is shining brighter than ever. She starts walking to the direction of the main building. The air smelled really fresh, the birds are chirping, the sound of the water fountain was just relaxing.

 

‘Water fountain?... was that there before’ Seulgi scratches her head while walking through this mini garden. ‘Eh? This garden wasn’t here before as well!’ She was still weirded out by this new part of the school when she felt something cracking underneath her foot. ‘What is this?’ She picks up a small piece of what seems to be a piece of candy.

 

‘HONEY CANDY DROPS!!!’ She says excitedly. ‘I LOVE HONEY DROPS :D’ she tears the wrapper up and shakes the cracked candy into . ‘I wish I had more’ she scans her surroundings and spots a trail of honey candy drops. ‘OOHH!! MORE!’ She was about to grab another piece and follow the trail when something on her left caught her attention. There’s a squirrel climbing up a tree, trying to reach a bird’s nest. Then she heard something moving by the bushes straight ahead from where she stood. A bunny was hopping about, as if picking up something.

 

“Um… What are you guys doing?” Seulgi asks the two adorable furballs. The two critters sharply turned their heads toward Seulgi.

 

“SEULGI-YA!!!” Joohyun screams! She runs to Seulgi ready to give her a hug but Wendy reached Seulgi first. Wendy was about to give her friend a hug when Joohyun suddenly fell out of the sky and right into Seulgi’s arms.

 

“Nice reflex!” Joohyun tells Seulgi while her arms are clinging to her neck.

 

Wendy is baffled by what just happened. ‘How the hell did she drop out of the sky… can she teleport??’ she continues to think and scratches her head. Seulgi smiles at them and blushes at how close Joohyun is.

 

“SO, what were you guys doing??”

 

Wendy and Joohyun look at each other, the latter jumped off Seulgi’s arms. They started jumping about and screaming “IT WORKED! IT WORKED!” They started doing weird victory dances. Seulgi watches them and giggles at how stupid they both look.

 

“What worked?”

 

“Wendy’s plan!” Joohyun exclaims.

 

“Well Winnie the Pooh, when you left the Hundred Acre Wood, Thumper (Bambi) here was desperate to find you.” Wendy side-eyes Irene. “She wanted to look all over school… but that wasn’t efficient. It would take hours to search the whole school campus especially since new places pop up every so often. Soooo, I proposed a plan!” Wendy says as she starts putting on a white lab coat. Irene hastily pulls a white board from behind the tree.

 

“Where did those stuff come from?” Seulgi looks very confused. Irene positioned the white board right next to Wendy and smiles at Seulgi after.

 

“The idea is to get you to come to us. What better way to attract a bear? Leave pieces of honey candy to our little trap.” Wendy points to the tree where a net was placed on one of the branches. Next, she points to the white board which has a drawing of a sack of candy with a map next to it. Joohyun claps and smiles cutely. Seulgi raises her hand.

 

“Yes, Pooh?”

 

“Where did you get that much candy??”

 

“OH! A humungous candy store opened up in the cafeteria because SOMEONE trashed the place… UGH” Wendy was cut short when she felt Irene pinch her sides. Wendy chuckles “I meant it just appeared for no reason ehe he he”. Irene side-eyes Wendy but then returned to smiling cutely.

 

“AND IT WORKED! We knew it was working because someone was taking the candies we were placing.” Wendy grinned while puffing her chest out.

 

“Mm not to burst your bubble my chipmunk friend but I only got one candy… I spotted you guys before even following the trail… so yeah your plan didn’t work” Seulgi sticks her tongue out.

 

“WHAT?? Then who was taking the candies?? Only bears would want honey drops. Are there other bears in our school??” Wendy becomes a little upset. Joohyun pats her head to comfort her.

 

Seulgi bows at them, this makes the two girls stop moving. “I’m sorry for making you both worry. Thank you for looking for me, I really appreciate it.” She says truthfully her eyes started to tear up a bit.

 

“Don’t cry silly bear!” Wendy pats her and Joohyun smiles at her again.

 

“Joohyun…” Seulgi walks up to her and takes her left hand. “I’m sure you heard the other students say all that stuff, that I’m not worthy enough to be with you…” She pauses and looks down for a few seconds then looks back at Irene. “Chanyeol hyung said not to pay attention to them and he’s right. I have always carried myself the best way I could. My parents ra

Please log in to read the full chapter