Messaging

Coffee?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Nine: Messaging

Jisoo has been looking at her cup throughout the day. She takes a sip and it's there like a neon sign blinding her.

 

It's not that she doesn't know what to do with it, it's just that she can already feel herself saying stupid if she messages Jennie. The last thing that she wants to do is to show Jennie how much of a dork she is. 

 

'Unless she'll find that endearing…' Jisoo mused.

 

Jisoo got her phone and rechecked if she saved the number already. And just like the last 25 times she checked, yes, it's there in her phone already.

 

Even just saving Jennie's number took time. From saving her name from "Ms. Jennie Kim" to "My Dream Girl." In the end, she decided to go with "Jennie 🤍" to make it simple and because Seulgi called her five times already for her take so she ended up saving that one.

 

'Will I look too eager if I message her now? I mean I might look stupid if I message her now since she's just outside in her truck. Yeah, I mean I can ask her about the working out thing face to face. I'm not a coward. I don't need to hide behind my phone! I'm Jisoo!' Jisoo pumped herself with confidence.

 

"Jisoo, Jennie’s truck left a while ago. Thought you should know." Irene smirked as she plopped down beside Jisoo on the couch offering her some cookies.

 

Jisoo’s confidence deflated once again upon hearing the news. She missed another opportunity to talk to Jennie.

 

"Oh, the crew emptied it out again?" Jisoo tried to hide her annoyed voice as she remembered why the coffee finishes fast.

 

"Yep! Got a chance to see her off. And you know what, I don't know if it was just me, but I think I saw her looking around… like waiting for someone to say bye to her." Irene innocently munched on her snack.

 

"Maybe she was waiting for someone to drag you away from her, unnie." Jisoo teased as she stole a cookie from her.

 

"Or maybe she wanted to see you and your pretty face again." Irene counterattacked.

 

Jisoo could feel her face heating up just imagining if Jennie finds her pretty too.

 

"I don't think so." Jisoo lamely replied.

 

"Suit yourself if you don't want to believe me. But anyway, when are we going to text her?" 

 

Jisoo could practically hear the eagerness in her voice to matchmake them.

 

"Correction, it's when will I text her. Not we. And besides, she just left. I might sound like a creep if I message her immediately."

 

“If you say so. But I’m telling you, if you don’t move soon, someone else might beat you to it. I mean, have you seen Jennie? She’s a 10. So sooner or later, someone will have the courage to actually ask her out.” Irene reasoned while poking Jisoo’s arm.

 

“A 10? She’s a hundred for sure.” Jisoo mumbled. 

 

“Okay, okay, I’ll text her. Tonight. When I get home and when I’m not thinking about work anymore.” Jisoo decided.

 

“Good for you! Please tell me all about it! I can’t wait to tell Seulgi all about this!” Irene beamed.

 

“Hey! Don’t gossip about this! I want it to be private first. See where it goes, you know?”

 

“Aren’t you adorable? Fine, fine. I’ll let you work on your moves. But promise me you’ll tell me all about it? I want to be the first one to hear this, not Lisa. Got it?” Irene gave her a deadly stare.

 

“Yes, yes! You’ll be the first to know. I do owe you for today since I get so tongue tied around her.” 

 

“See, adorable?!” Irene pinched Jisoo’s cheeks.

 

“Yah! Don’t do that! You know I don’t like people pinching my cheeks. Anyway, promise, I will message her later.” Jisoo grumbled as she massaged her cheeks.

 

“This is so exciting! But yeah, I feel like she’s busy now anyway. Yeri told me a while ago someone booked them for another filming. So the coffee emptying out early was a good thing for them today.”

 

“Oh, really? That’s great news! Who got them? Maybe I can tell them how great their service is.” Jisoo felt excited for Jennie and Yeri.

 

“Yeri wasn’t sure. Jennie just told her in passing. I think they were booked last minute? Anyway, I didn’t get to ask Jennie. But most probably you know them. I mean who else is filming now from your knowledge?” Irene wondered.

 

“A lot for sure. Oh well, I’m just happy that someone got Jennie’s service. It means her coffee truck business is finally getting the recognition it deserves.” Jisoo smiled proudly.

 

“Well considering you got her three times already, it’s time for Jennie to see better looking stars.” Irene te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter