Fourth Cup?

Coffee?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Fourth Cup?

 

No one could remove the tiny scowl on Jisoo’s beautiful face throughout the filming.

 

When she was shooting her scenes, her beautiful smile graced every part of the film. But once Seulgi shouts "cut," it will automatically disappear and be replaced with a polite smile and a nod.

 

And what's the reason for this sudden mood change? She missed Jennie, like literally missed the girl.

 

When she was walking to the coffee truck earlier, she overheard some crew members talking about the coffee truck leaving earlier than the last time that they were there. Once again, their coffee supply was completely wiped out by the set. Proof that their brew was really superb. 

 

Jisoo’s confidence in asking for Jennie’s number completely faded and was replaced yet again with longing as she wasn't able to see the girl she wanted to talk to. It bummed her that she didn't get a chance to even say goodbye or even just catch a glimpse of her before she ended her day.

 

But what really ticked Jisoo off was what she heard from the crew members. She listened to them as they talked about how they kept lining up for coffee to see the beautiful barista. How the beautiful barista was a sight to see as she made their drink. 

 

It irked Jisoo knowing that they tried to ogle her Jennie while she was busy working and for sure made her feel tired from making all those drinks.

 

'Her Jennie?' That thought made Jisoo's lips lift a little.

 

But as she remembered again why she's annoyed, a frown appeared on her forehead.

 

"Hey, Jisoo? Are you okay?" Seulgi asked while gently poking Jisoo’s arm.

 

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jisoo grumbled.

 

"I don't know… maybe because you have this dark aura around you that has been scaring everyone here? Or maybe because that frown on your forehead never disappeared when we're not filming. Anything wrong?" Seulgi asked her friend sincerely. 

 

"Yeah.. no, there's none. I'm just tired I guess. Been a long day today." Jisoo gave Seulgi a small smile.

 

"Okay, I trust you. But if you think I'm being too much or you feel tired, just let me know. Okay?"

 

"No, Seul. Trust me, it's not you. You're a great director. Don't worry about it." Jisoo felt a little bit guilty for making her friend worry.

 

"Hi, you two! Are you guys ready to go home?" A sweet voice said behind Jisoo.

 

"Irene! What are you doing here? You said you were busy the whole day today." Seulgi quickly gave her girlfriend a kiss on the cheek.

 

"Hi, Irene unnie! Glad to see you today." Jisoo gave her friend a hug.

 

"Yeah, I was trying to write my new story but couldn't come up with any inspiration. Decided to just drive around here and pick up this bear." Irene gently tugged Seulgi closer to her.

 

"Wait, why am I vibing a bad mood from you, Kim?" Irene asked thoughtfully.

 

"It's nothing. I think I'm just exhausted." Jisoo faked a cough.


 

“You sure? Why don’t I treat you and Seulgi dinner tonight? You both are working so hard making my screenplay amazing anyway.” 

 

“Ohhh! I want to try that new Japanese restaurant near Jisoo’s place! The one we always pass by.” Seulgi told her girlfriend.

 

“Fine by me, babe. Jisoo, are you in?” Irene looked at Jisoo expectantly. 

 

“Yeah, sure. It’s near my place anyway. Will you call the others to join us?” Jisoo thought about their other friends who might want to meet up as well.

 

“Sure, as long as I’m only paying for us three. I can’t have their appetite max out my credit card.” Irene laughed.

 

“You got it! I’ll call Lisa and Chaeng to meet us there and call the restaurant as well to reserve a private room for us.” Seulgi got her phone and quickly started typing and calling.

 

“Come on, Jisoo. Hurry up and change already so we can leave immediately.” Irene pushed Jisoo towards her trailer.

 

“Yes, unnie!” Jisoo giggled as her friend struggled to push her.

 

‘This is a good distraction. I won’t have to think about that missed opportunity with Jennie.’ 

 

Jisoo sighed and tried her best not to think about the barista again.


 


 

“Chaeng, I’m telling you. You should be a screenwriter also. Your way with words is super beautiful.” Irene smiled at the blond.

 

“Yeah, I’m not that confident to try that yet. But hey, if you need a song for one of your dramas or movies, I’m your girl.” Chaeyoung as she blushed a little from the compliment she received.

 

“Hey! You’re my girl! You can’t be Irene unnie’s girl! And she has Seulgi also. No sharing!” Lisa possessively hugged her girlfriend.

 

“Yeah, Irene! You can’t let her say things like that to you when I’m literally holding your hand right now! Go say no to her!” Seulgi added while whining to her girlfriend.

 

Jisoo could only laugh at her friends. She knows how in love they are with each other and how strong their bonds are with their partners. She was happy for them for finding each other and building a life together. Sometimes she imagines herself also having someone to share a life with. Jisoo’s thoughts suddenly returned to a certain cat eyed girl and it made her pause a bit. 

 

“So, Jisoo unnie, was my setup better than Lisa’s? It was right?” Chaeng asked Jisoo, interrupting her thoughts.

 

“Yeah! I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter