Second Cup

Coffee?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Second Cup

 

"Hey, Seul." Jisoo whispered to her friend as they were watching the other actors rehearse their scene.

 

"Yeah?" Seulgi looked at Jisoo quickly before returning her attention to the rehearsal.

 

"How long do you have to wait to drink another cup of coffee?" Jisoo asked curiously. 

 

"Hmmm I guess it depends on the person. I usually get another cup after an hour from my first cup or whenever I feel sluggish. Why?" Seulgi answered without glancing at Jisoo.

 

"Oh, nothing. I kind of want to try the other coffee flavor that I saw from the truck a while ago. It seemed interesting." Jisoo casually replied.

 

"Wow. You actually enjoyed the coffee that you had this morning? That's new. Why don't you go get one now? Your scene is not yet up anyway." Seulgi replied offhandedly as her focus was on the other actors.

 

"Okay, I'll be right back!" Jisoo answered with an excited grin on her face.

 

 

"Hello, Ms. Jisoo! You're back! Are you getting another drink again?" Yeri excitedly greeted.

 

"Yes, actually. I enjoyed the cup this morning! Do you have other recommendations?" Jisoo smiled at the girl while trying to glance around to see if Jennie was there.

 

"That's my favorite drink! Wait, let me call Jennie unnie to give you a better description of the drinks. She's the coffee master you know! Hold on, I think she's outside. Unnie.. " Yeri yelled while going outside the truck.

 

Jisoo suddenly felt nervous and excited hearing Yeri call Jennie.

 

"I was telling Ms.Jisoo that you can give a better recommendation of the drinks that we have here since you're the master." Yeri excitedly told Jennie as they entered the truck again.

 

Jisoo was finally able to look at Jennie properly without getting nervous. Tight white shirt, plain jeans, brown apron, cute ponytail, adorable smile, and those expressive eyes.

 

'Her eyes… I could get lost in those eyes. And how could someone pull that outfit off like she's ready to walk the runway?!'  

 

Jisoo ended up staring at Jennie lost in her thoughts.

 

"Hi, Ms. Jisoo! Glad to see you again here. Do you have a drink in mind?" Jennie smiled brightly at Jisoo.

 

Jisoo quickly gathered her thoughts and prayed that she wasn't caught staring.

 

"Oh, hi! Sorry to disturb you, Jennie. Hope I didn't interrupt anything that you were doing." 

 

"No need, you didn't interrupt anything and again we are here to serve you and everyone here our very best drinks." Jennie replied happily.

 

"Thanks, Jennie." Jisoo smiled. 

 

For some reason, she enjoys saying Jennie’s name. It felt nice addressing her.

 

"So, Jennie, what coffee do you want to recommend?"

 

"Hmmmm, why don't I give you a simple Iced Americano now? I think it's strong enough to keep you up and it will surely help from this weather we're having now." Jennie answered thoughtfully.

 

"Yes, I'd love that. Thanks, Jennie." Jisoo hated the taste of black coffee but she wasn't about to say no to Jennie. She just smiled at the barista and watched her prepare her drink. She watched how she got a cup, placed some ice, and prepared it with the Americano brew. 

 

'How can someone preparing coffee look so good?!' 

 

Another thought that Jisoo is starting to ponder on. She was just completely mesmerized by whatever Jennie was doing.

 

When Jisoo noticed that Jennie was already writing something on her cup, she quickly fixed herself and tried not to look like she was staring the whole time. Jiso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter