Brave Jisoo

Coffee?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Ten: Brave Jisoo

 

"So what did you tell her?" Irene asked Jisoo while eating their breakfast.

 

"I told her the truth." Jisoo shrugged.

 

"You told her that Haein is your ex? Brave girl." Irene whistled.

 

"He's not my ex, unnie. He wishes." Jisoo rolled her eyes while laughing.

 

"So, how did you tell her then? And then what happened? Tell me everything!" Irene insisted.

 

"I can't believe you woke me up early just to gather gossip." Jisoo laughed while munching on her food.

 

"Chew with your mouth closed, Kim. And don't be ungrateful, I brought you food to show my love for you." 

 

"And to gather gossip." Jisoo stuck her tongue out to Irene.

 

"Yeah, yeah. Guilty. So tell me!" Irene whined.

 

"Okay, okay! So I replied…"

 

*flashback*

 

Jisoo: oh, hehe yeah.

 

Jennie🤍: Really? Are you guys good friends? 😊 I actually haven't seen any of his dramas so I'm really not familiar with him. Yeri seems excited though.

 

Jisoo: yeah, we're friends I guess.

 

Jennie🤍: You seem unsure, Jisoo. Are you guys really friends?🤔 Hahaha!

 

'Okay, just be honest. I mean you are friends with him now. And Jennie might find out about it… so might as well tell her.' Jisoo decided.

 

Jisoo: well, we dated once. He tried to go beyond the friendship that we had.

 

Jennie🤍: Ohhh...

 

Jisoo: But after the first date, I realized I just see him as a friend now so I told him and we decided to just stay as friends. 😊

 

Jennie🤍: How come I'm sensing another "but" coming?

 

'Hehe, .' Jisoo giggled as she remembered checking out Jennie’s the last time.

 

'Focus, Jisoo!' She scolded herself.

 

Jisoo: but… he would still sometimes ask me if I want to try again. Hahaha I think he just does it to annoy me. He's funny that way.😂

 

Jennie🤍: Oh, okay. Thanks for sharing, Jisoo.

 

Jennie🤍: Hey, I have to go. I need to finish preparing already.

 

'Awww man, she really needs to go…' Jisoo sighed.

 

Jisoo: no worries, I know you're busy right now. 😊

 

Jennie🤍: Yeah.

 

'Uhmmm, okay.' Jisoo pouted seeing Jennie's short reply. 

 

She gathered her confidence once again to hint she still wants to continue their conversation.

 

Jisoo: talk to you tomorrow? 

 

Jisoo: for the workout thing.😊

 

Jisoo added the last part for good measure just in case.

 

Jennie🤍: Sure! Goodnight, Jisoo.

 

Jisoo: Goodnight, Jennie. 😊



*end flashback*

 

"And that's it." Jisoo sighed as she bit her last bite.

 

"Jisoo, you are pretty. But my gosh, a bit slow aren't we?" Irene looked at her with disappointment. 

 

"What did I do?!" Jisoo asked with open full of food.

 

"First, yuck. Second, hello?!?! You kind of gave her a mixed signal." 

 

"What? What do you mean??"

 

"Well, I mean kudos for being honest about Haein. But you made it sound like he's still interested in pursuing you and that maybe in the long run he might have a chance." Irene pointed out.

 

"What?! No! Of course not! Haein oppa knows I don't like him that way! And besides, I don't swing that way anymore." Jisoo defended herself.

 

"But, Jennie doesn't know that." Irene retorted.

 

"Unnie, you make it sound like Jennie is interested in me…" Jisoo whined but secretly felt giddy thinking about that thought.

 

"Well, who knows, right? But oh well, what's done is done. Did you message her already?" 

 

"Unnie, it's only 9:30 in the morning. I think it's too early to message her and she might be busy with work."

 

"I guess you're right, Jisoo." Irene thought about it.

 

"Of course I am." Jisoo smirked.

 

"Say… isn't Haein the friend that can charm anyone when he wants to? Especially when the girl is drop dead gorgeous?" Irene wondered out loud.

 

"I think I'll message Jennie now." Jisoo quickly got her phone.

 

"That's my girl." Irene proudly nodded at her friend.

 

Jisoo quickly composed a message without letting Irene read it.

 

"Yah! Don't you dare peek ok?" Jisoo looked at her friend.

 

"I won't, I won't. I'll just watch TV in the living room and wait for Seulgi to pick me up." Irene promised Jisoo and left Jisoo by herself.

 

'Okay, here we go.' Jisoo breathed deeply.

 

Jisoo: good morning, Jennie!😊

 

Jisoo sat beside Irene and patiently waited for a reply. She knew the girl would probably be busy but it's worth a shot.

 

*buzz buzz*

 

Jisoo looked at her screen and counted to thre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter