The Fifth Cup

Coffee?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight: The Fifth Cup

 

‘Wow…’’

 

This was the first thing that Jisoo thought of upon finally noticing how the coffee truck looked like today. Beautiful purple flowers adorning the truck with touches of white and blue flowers as well to make everything look softer.

 

Her sticker on the coffee cup had her picture with some purple touches.

 

‘Why did I only notice all of these now?!’ Jisoo thought.

 

‘Probably because you were busy ogling at Jennie.’ Her mind answered for her.

 

“Do you like it?” Jennie asked her quietly with some hint of nervousness.

 

“I do, Jennie. It’s beautiful.” Jisoo gave the beautiful barista a warm smile.

 

“I’m glad.” Jennie smiled at her and Jisoo swears that her heart can burst right now just by seeing that.

 

“So who kidnapped Grimace and made him decorate this truck?” Irene teased loudly.

 

“Hey! Excuse you! I decorated this truck and Jisoo said it’s beautiful. Right, Jisoo?” Jennie looked at Jisoo with a pout.

 

‘Ugh.. why is she so cute?!’ Jisoo looked at Jennie dreamily but quickly looked at Irene.

 

“Irene unnie! Don’t be mean to Jennie. It’s really beautiful with all these flowers and she even decorated it with my favorite color.” Jisoo said to Irene with her mock glare.

 

“Pfft, whipped.” Irene whispered to herself while smirking.

 

“What was that?” Jisoo asked Irene while Jennie just looked at the both of them with an amused face.

 

“Oh, nothing! So, Jennie, drinks?” Irene changed the topic and looked at Jennie with a smile.

 

“Of course! Let me call Yeri to help you guys out while I just wash up.” Jennie gave them another smile and went to the back of the truck.

 

“So, Jisoo, Jennie is nice right?” Irene nudged Jisoo’s arm.

 

“Uhmm, yeah. I mean, yes, she is.” Jisoo answered, startled by Irene’s question.

 

“Jennie’s the best! She’s like this “it girl” back in college that everybody adored. Smart, beautiful, rich, confident, and genuinely nice and sweet. Everybody wanted to be her or be with her. What a catch, huh?” Irene grinned at Jisoo.

 

“What are you…” Jisoo didn’t get to finish her sentence as someone cheerfully interrupted them.

 

“Hi, Jisoo unnie! Welcome back! Hi, Irene unnie! Are you ready to order this time?” Yeri greeted them with her big smile and warm eyes.

 

Jisoo decided to just let Irene’s comment go and greet the young barista instead.

 

“Hi, Yeri! I see you’ve already met Irene unnie here!” Jisoo approached the younger girl who was behind the counter.

 

“Yes, I met her a while ago when she called Jennie unnie. She was also the one who said we deserved a break already from making coffee and made everyone disappear.” Yeri giggled.

 

“I had to stop them, Jisoo! The line here a while ago was ridiculously long! I thought I was back in New York struggling to get a cup. If I didn’t,  we won’t be able to order now.” Irene stated like it was the most natural thing in the world to stop the whole coffee production.

 

“Unniiiieeee, what did you tell the ones lining up?” Jisoo asked with concern in her voice.

 

“I told them to go back to their work and not to overwork these two girls!” Irene said proudly.

 

“Unnie, oh my God, you scared them away?! Seulgi will be upset with you for scaring the crew.” Jisoo didn’t know if she would be proud of her friend for giving Jennie and Yeri a break or worried for the crew because Irene can be scary if she wants to.

 

“No, Irene unnie helped us a lot. We were working double time a while ago.” Yeri immediately said while looking at Irene with adoration.

 

“Hah! I told you! If I didn’t interfere, Jennie and Yeri would be dead tired and no coffee for us.” Irene gave Yeri a smile and a nod for agreeing with her.

 

“But you scared them away…” Jisoo looked at the two girls with a dubious look. 

 

“But they kept finishing their coffee fast and lining up again to look at Jennie unnie…” Yeri tried to say hesitantly.

 

“They what?!” Jisoo couldn’t help but to raise her voice slightly when she heard Yeri say that. 

 

“Uhmmm, the ones who kept ordering were the same group of people so I’m pretty sure they were just there to look at unnie because they would wait for their drink near her work station. It made unnie work faster because she felt pressured that they wanted their drinks already. But I think they were just there to ogle at her.” Yeri rambled.

 

“They were what?! Who are they?! Don’t they know that you and Jennie are busy?! How come they weren’t working?! Seulgi and the producers will be upset if they are not doing their best for this production! And why were they staring at Jennie?! Don’t they have other things to do?!” Jisoo rambled on with a frown on her face, the irritation evident on her voice.

 

“Chill, Jisoo! I was able to scare them away, remember?” Irene smirked at her.

 

“Yeah, unnie! I was able to rest too while Jennie unnie went with Irene unnie.” Yeri looked at Jisoo with a worried look.

 

“Okay, okay. I just don’t think what they were doing to the both of you was nice.” Jisoo huffed.

 

‘And how dare they stare at Jennie…’ This thought irritated Jisoo a lot. 

 

“What wasn’t nice?” Jennie asked as she entered the coffee truck.

 

“Uhh..” J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter