Date? Friend?

Coffee?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15: Date? Friend?

Riding the elevator down was pure torture to Jisoo as she scrambled to think of anything to say to Jennie. Her nervousness made her cough, smile politely, count the number of floor numbers, and fiddle with her jacket. It didn’t help that the elevator was going down slowly.

 

“Wow, I didn’t know Kim Jisoo is so eloquent and talkative.” Jennie suddenly teased, breaking the awkward atmosphere.

 

“S-sorry. I-I I-m not usually like this.” Jisoo stuttered.

 

‘BE CONFIDENT KIM JISOO!’ Jisoo screamed to herself.

 

“It’s okay, Jisoo. I don’t bite. I think you should know that by now.” Jennie said with her cute smile making Jisoo relax a little.

 

“I mean, unless you want me to.” Jennie winked and then smirked making Jisoo blush profusely.

 

‘Crap! Think of a comeback! Quick! But damn, that was hot!’

 

“I-I..” Jisoo tried to say while trying not to show her .

 

*DING*

 

‘Saved by the elevator bell.’ Jisoo muttered to herself while giving Jennie another small smile.

‘Another missed opportunity to flirt.’ She scolded herself.

 

“Jennie!” Greeted the tall man who entered the elevator.

 

“Hey, Jongin.” Jennie greeted politely.

 

‘Jongin?’ Jisoo stared at the man and quietly assessed if he’s competition.

 

“Fancy bumping into you here!” 

 

“We live in the same building, of course it’s bound to happen.” Jennie replied with a tight smile.

 

“Of course, of course. But you know how much I love catching up with you.” Jongin charmingly smiled.

 

‘Ugh he has a nice smile. And is he flirting with my date?! Definitely competition.’ Jisoo seethed quietly. 

 

“So…. Where are you headed, Jennie?" Jongin tried to continue the conversation.

 

“Just out.” Jennie answered.

 

‘Please say we’re going on a date so he can disappear!’ Jisoo tried to get Jennie to say.

 

“I see. I’m also headed out. Maybe we’re going in the same direction? We could walk together or something.” Jongin asked with hope in his voice.  

 

‘Ugh. Annoying. Can I tell him we’re on a date or is Jennie not comfortable telling others? What do I do to remove this man?!’ Jisoo thought of ways to extract the intruder.

 

“Jongin, I’m actually going out on a date tonight.” Jennie said calmly which made Jisoo’s ears perk up.

 

“Oh. Oh! I see. Are you meeting a friend or your group of friends for a girls’ night out?”

 

‘Man… this guy is persistent and a bit slow.’ Jisoo rolled her eyes which Jennie saw making the latter smirk at her. Jisoo blushed and tried to look somewhere else.

 

“No. I’m going out on a date-date.” Jennie answered amusingly.

 

“Oh, I see.” Jongin answered with a dejected look.

 

‘In your face! I’m the “date-date” of Jennie!’ Jisoo tried her best not to let her lips curl into a smile.

 

“Well, I could wait with you downstairs if you want. Just until your date gets here. I have lots of stories to share!” He tried again as a desperate move.

 

‘Okay, that’s it! I’ve had enough!’ Jisoo fumed silently, ready to bark at the audacity of this intruder.

 

“No need, Kai. My date is already here!” Jennie happily answered while grabbing Jisoo’s arm to interlock with.

 

Jisoo turned beet red and quickly looked at Jennie, then the intruder, then their arms together.

 

She smirked at Kai and gave a nod. 

 

‘Yeah, that’s right, I’m challenging you!’ Jisoo happily danced in her head.

 

“Oh.” Kai looked at both girls. 

 

“I see. Huh. Well have a good night you two.” He bowed and quickly exited the elevator, trying to save his face.

 

Jennie suddenly giggled as they exited, with their arms still together comfortably.

 

“Who was that guy?” Jisoo asked. “He’s a bit…” She tried to think of good words to say.

 

“Persistent? Pushy? Can’t take a hint?” Jennie finished for her.

 

“I was going to say determined to be nice but let’s go with you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter