Mine

Coffee?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16: Mine

'Girlfriend… only me…' Jisoo kept replaying the scene inside her head in slow motion.

 

'That's what she said, right? I'll look at her only. I mean, It's not like there's anybody else I want to look at… Oh God, is she my girlfriend?! Maybe she was just being funny. Right. That’s funny. I don’t want to laugh though. I want her. If she wants me. Oh God, did she think I was dating Bona? Or what if she thought Bona was a crazy fan and she was just acting along to save me from her.' She could feel her brain screaming from all the details that happened as she tightened her hold on the steering wheel.

 

'It's hot… it's hot, right?? Right!" Jisoo tried to crank up the ac to make the ride more comfortable and less stuffy for her.

 

'Why am I nervous? There's no need to be nervous! I'm Jisoo, I'm okay! I got this. Pfft. I’m me!' Jisoo tried to psych herself up.

 

She tried to glance at the woman beside her who is the cause of her jittery state.

 

'She looks so beautiful…" Jisoo sighed loudly while admiring her passenger's side profile.

 

"Are you okay, Jisoo?" Jennie's soft voice broke her trance.

 

Realizing what happened, she immediately coughed to hide her embarrassing moment.

 

"Y-yeah, yeah. I..I got something stuck in my throat. Yeah. Maybe a hairball or something. Not my hair of course. Or yours. Dalgom’s hair. Right. Dalgomie's hair." Jisoo tried to explain using her most convincing voice.

 

"Okay… if you say so…" Jennie sing-songed with a small smirk.

 

Jisoo blushed a little and tried not to look at her anymore to concentrate on making sure they don't crash.

 

"By the way, Jisoo, about a while ago…" Jennie said softly while they were waiting for the traffic to ease up.

 

Jisoo perked up and listened attentively.

 

'Am I blushing?! Don't blush. Don't blush.' She willed herself as she replayed the scene at the lobby once again.

 

"I'm sorry if I overstepped some boundaries… I shouldn't have done that…" Jennie said shyly.

 

"Oh!" Jisoo said with a surprise tone.

 

"No no… you, you don't have to. It's totally fine. It's not a big deal. I mean I know it is a big deal. But it wasn't an issue. Is it an issue…? No, how silly of me. Of course it's not. It's not like it's real or anything. So yes. Not a big deal. All cool. Cool cool cool cool. Right?"

 

'Real smooth.' Jisoo cringed internally after that massive word vomit.

 

"So you don't think what I did there was odd?" Jennie said with a teasing voice.

 

"I mean, I'm an actress, things like that are common in my line of work." Jisoo tried to give a wink.

 

"Did you just wink at me?" Jennie laughed while looking at Jisoo softly.

 

"N-no. Something went into my eye!" The stuttering girl tried to defend herself.

 

"If you say so." The cat eyed girl smiled while shaking her head.

 

“But seriously, I thought your friend was a fan who didn’t know how to respect your personal space, so I tried to be your knight in shining armor when I swooped in.” Jennie said while looking down shyly.

 

‘Oh… I was right, it was because she thought Bona was a fan… But why is she being so cute right now? I want to pinch her cheeks!” Jisoo tried her best to stop her hand from doing so.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter