Consummation of Wedding

Queendom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Queen Yongsun didn't expect to have such a wonderful night at her wedding. She expected to feel reluctant and heavy during the celebration considering that she would marry, not for herself, but for the whole kingdom. But she had a smile on her face the whole time. Moonbyul's hand rested on her lower back the whole time as well, not leaving her side. The queen wondered if it would always feel like this; like she doesn't have to face any problems alone from now on. That this woman standing beside her and is now her wife- her King- would always be by her side. And if so, then maybe marrying wasn't such a bad thing after all.

Somehow the weight of Yongsun's crown doesn't feel as heavy as Moonbyul looks back at her with a warm smile despite her ever calculating eyes. She almost shivers as she tried to hold the king's gaze. She knows it didn't go unnoticed due to Moonbyul's signature smirk.

Of course, she still has her inhibitions regarding Moonbyul and her motives, but whenever the king would as much as smile at her, she couldn't help but feel comforted by it. And she knows how dangerous that is. There's a reason Moonbyul is dubbed as the prince of hell. And she's determined to find out sooner rather than later, but tonight -tonight maybe she's allowed to humor herself with how nice her King makes her feel.

The queen was interrupted with her thoughts by the presence of a Lunarian priestess.

"My Queen, this is priestess Joo Hyun. The head priestess of Lunaria." King Moonbyul introduced.

Priestess Joo Hyun bows down to pay her respect to the royal couple. "It is with great pleasure to have been introduced to you, Queen Yongsun."

The Queen smiled at the Priestess.

"She would be blessing us tonight." Moonbyul stated, with a sly smile on her face.

Queen Yongsun was just about to address it when it dawned on her.

It is their wedding night.

And she knows as much that they would have to consummate their marriage the same night.

Yongsun had hoped that Lunarians have different customs that would delay the consummation of their marriage but out of all their different customs, she guesses that's what both Kingdoms shared. She's trying to convince herself that it is better to just get over it.

"You meant beforehand, right?" Yongsun asked Moonbyul reluctantly, the worry that plastered on her face revealed what she meant by it.

"Indeed." King Moonbyul assured her before she smirks, "Unless you prefer to have an audience while doing it?" the king asked in a low voice with an innocent face along with a teasing tone.

The Queen could feel her face burn in embarrassment at her wife's insinuation. "Surely not! I-" she couldn't even begin to process her thoughts.

The King's smirk then turned into a soft smile. "I was just messing with you, Yongsun. I know you were just worried that we might have a very different and exciting custom. But we also do the consummation privately. We'll discuss it in our chamber later tonight." As much as the King is amused at the Queen's bashfulness, she opted to relieve the queen from her embarrassment.

Just the thought of retreating to their chamber with just the two of them tonight already scared Yongsun to no end. She's not sure what she'd have to do to calm herself. She doesn't even know the first thing about such intimacy. And her wife, on the other hand, seems like she'd had a lot of experience regarding that matter, and that scared her even more.

The priestess and King Moonbyul shares a glance before the former excuses herself.

"I hope you know what you're really here for, my daughter." Emperor Yoon Gi states.

And of course, Moonbyul nods. "I figured that I'm not sent here to marry a queen just for the punishment of being disobedient." she answers. She's aware that there's always more than meets the eye with her parents' motives. She guesses that's how they managed to be such powerful rulers. "I'm here to take control of this Kingdom."

"Solarians are very particular with their loyalty, child. Their loyalty would remain to their Queen, which means that you won't take control of this Kingdom, unless..." Emperor Yoon Gi trailed off.

Moonbyul never liked it when her father would call her 'child'. His daughter, yes. But his child? She's not a child anymore. She can bet that her father doesn't call her that as a mere endearment. She knows her father only addresses her as a child whenever he attempts to show his dominance or tries to intimidate her. So she cuts off her father, "-unless, I control their Queen." she states, her eyes meeting her father's.

Emperor Yoon Gi slightly smiles, a glint of pride for her daughter could be seen in his eyes. "I guess you do know what you ought to do."

Moonbyul stayed silent. The emperor would always tell her this, so there is no doubt she knows this by heart.

"This is such a puny Kingdom, Moonbyul." Yoon Gi utters with a straight face.

And yet, they still wanted their heir to be married off to a queen of such kingdom.  And so, Moonbyul could only wonder what their real motives are. She hates being left in the dark, so she's determined that she would find out the real reason behind her marriage.

"I cannot inherit you our empire, if you can't even handle conquering such a small land." Yoon Gi explained. "I expect that you can handle such an easy task." Yoon Gi states, placing a hand on her daughter's shoulder as he looks her in the eyes. "I trust in your capabilities."

Moonbyul smiles. The heir of Lunaria, and now the King of Solaris, becomes such a simple daughter who only wants the approval of her parents, whenever her parents would as much as compliment her.

"I could already sense that 'your Queen' will soon be wrapped around your fingers." Yoon Gi smiles. "I must admit, she seems like a fine lady. I heard that she's a woman with undeniable wits." he affirms. "If only she wasn't as trusting..."

"She isn't." Moonbyul asserts. "She may look trusting, or gullible even, but she's smart. I would go as far as saying that since I've arrived, she has been wondering why such a large empire as ours would be so keen on marrying off their heir to a kingdom such as theirs."

 "Then I guess we would find out who is smarter than the two of you?" Yoon Gi smiles playfully.

Moonbyul then confirms that there is something much bigger than what she initially thought regarding their marriage. And she won't get answers from her parents. She'd have to find out herself. 

Yongsun is an independent lady, surely she doesn't need anyone to stand beside her to survive this celebration.

But would it be too much to ask if she wants Moonbyul to be by her side just for tonight?

Somehow, Moonbyul's absence made her feel as if there is a void beside her. And she doesn't like it one bit, but she could only wonder where her King has gone off to.

"Loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter