Royal Wedding

Queendom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Kingdom of Solaris was decorated with grand ornaments and flowers that are freshly picked. The Solarians' month-long preparation for the wedding paid off as the whole kingdom was well-lit and visually pleasing, just fit for the biggest wedding of their kingdom yet. Miles away from the kingdom, the visitors could clearly tell by the loud happy music and the bright lights coming from the kingdom that there is a large celebration.

The villagers waited outside the castle, contented to hear the music and be present at their Queen's wedding, despite not being able to see it first hand. Their wait would be worth the sight of their new King and Queen after the wedding ceremony.

Inside the castle, Queen Yongsun stands by the door where she would soon be wed. She has been preparing for this moment for as long as she could remember. She knows that inheriting the throne would mean that she would have to give up her right to choose whom she's going to marry. And Yongsun conditioned herself that her marriage would mainly be an instrument for the alliance of Solaris to a kingdom that would be beneficial for their Kingdom.

The Queen was wearing a white dress embedded with icy diamonds. Her blonde hair was styled elegantly by her maids, flowing down her shoulders. Her makeup was applied perfectly, enhancing her facial features. Yongsun doesn't like wearing too much jewelry - she always found them heavy - but for this special occasion, she wore the finest gems of their kingdom chosen by her sisters. Her overall look almost resembled the ice queen, a woman embodying beauty and elegance.

Queen Kim Yongsun felt sadness engulf her as she remembers her parents, and how it should've been them that would walk her down the aisle. But she had no one beside her as she waited for the doors to open. They were supposed to be the ones to help her calm the anxiety in her chest.

Before the doors could open, Princess Wheein and Princess Hyejin stood beside the Queen, offering her an encouraging smile. Relief washed over the queen, as she realized that her sisters would walk her down the aisle.

"You look stunningly beautiful, unnie." Princess Hyejin comments. Her sister has always been the definition of beauty, but the way she looked in that moment was one that resembled the goddess of beauty.

"Everything's going to be alright, unnie." Princess Wheein states, knowing that her sister is somehow nervous.

Queen Yongsun smiles at both of her sisters with gratitude. She felt a sense of confidence engulf her, leaving any negative thoughts behind her.

Trumpets were heard as the guards open the doors widely. Gasps of astonishment from the guests filled the hall as the Queen walked down the aisle along with the princesses, clearly dazed with the Queen's undeniable beauty. Queen Yongsun looked around the hall, the guests consisted of nobles from Solaris, Lunaria, and their allied kingdoms.

The queen walked gracefully, taking each step with confidence despite the knot in her stomach that refuses to go away.

It was their head priestess Lee Da Hee that was waiting for them at the altar. It was a Solarian custom that the head priestess would precede the wedding ceremony before the highest royalty would give their blessing.

Head Priestess Lee Da Hee bowed at her Queen and princesses as soon as they reached the altar.

After a moment, the guards announced the arrival of the groom, everyone in the room turning their attention from the Queen to the Prince.

Prince Moon Byulyi was accompanied by her parents, Emperor Yoon Gi and Empress Hyun Ju.

The Prince was wearing a black suit with a black sash outlined with white lacework accompanied by gold embroidery, representing her kingdom's colors and simultaneously showing her position. Her badges were neatly pinned in her suit as always. Her black cape flowed beautifully on the castle floor, designed with black fur at each end, and connected by a silver chain.

The Prince walked confidently down the aisle, her raven black hair fell over her shoulders down her back. Her face is decorated with lace of diamonds across her face, just under her eyes, along her cheeks and the bridge of her nose. She was indeed both beautiful and handsome, a characteristic that only a few could pull off.

Whispers of admiration could be heard across the royal hall. The prince was aware and satisfied with her effect on people walking with her head high. Everyone's eyes were on Prince Moonbyul, but the prince was only looking at Queen Yongsun as she walked towards her.

At her last step, Queen Yongsun meets Prince Moonbyul's eyes. She was so nervous to look at the Prince beforehand, but as soon as their eyes met Queen Yongsun felt peace envelop her. Right in front of her was the person she's going to spend the rest of her life with.

The Queen felt her breath hitch the moment the Prince smiled at her. Suddenly, she felt as if it was their first meeting all over again. She couldn't take her eyes off the prince, too mesmerized at her perfectly sculpted face.

The Solarian Head Priestess then proceeded with the ceremony. "We are gathered here today, to witness the union of two Kingdoms, Lunaria and Solaris, and the marriage of our Queen Kim Yongsun and Prince Moon Byulyi..."

Priestess Lee Da Hee commenced the wedding, saying a few words and stating the ceremonial speech accustomed to Solarians. 

Queen Yongsun feels her heart beating faster and faster at the priestess's every word, knowing that every word uttered is a word closer to the finality of her union with the Prince. Her hands were shaking but she did her best to not let it show. It's as if her heart was about to leap out of her chest anytime soon, but she tries her best to maintain her composure.

"Prince Moon Byulyi, daughter of Emperor Yoon Gi and Empress Hyun Ju, heir of the Lunarian Empire, do you take Queen Kim Yongsun, daughter of the late King Nam Joon and Queen Bo Ra, ruler of the Kingdom of Solaris, to be your lawfully wedded wife? By

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter