Intentions

Queendom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sneaking into the woods again, Princess?" Prince Moonbyul asks.

Princess Wheein was just about to crawl down between a large crack that could fit a person on their castle walls. It's been her secret passage for a long time. The crevice was covered with trumpet vines so it wasn't really noticeable unless you'd check every brick for a way out. It was a secluded area, so no one really goes there.

So the princess wonders why the prince would be there. But she didn't dare ask, the prince might even think that she's interested in her whereabouts. She's more concerned whether the Prince will tell the Queen, this time around.

"I don't think it concerns you, Your Majesty." Wheein answers.

"You do know that there's a banquet tonight, right, Princess?" Prince Moonbyul states her posture is ever so elegant with her well-fitted black suit. She's aware that she has the upper hand in this situation. The princess has always been so passive towards her and Moonbyul's ego couldn't let it pass. She wants to tame the princess. No matter what it takes. "It's for the Queen and I. Are you not planning to come?"

The smirk on the prince's face tells Wheein that she wouldn't let this one go, the prince would probably blackmail her just for the fun of it. "I don't appreciate being guarded all the time, Your Majesty. I'd be back before the celebration starts." she assures the prince, even though she knows it's the least of the prince's concern. The princess knows, she'd have to behave if she doesn't want the prince to tell the Queen.

"Don't worry, Princess. I'm not planning on telling the Queen." Byul stated. "I know you value your freedom. So I won't dare take that away from you, even if I'm in a position of power to do so." she says, just in case the princess might forget that she's doing her a favor for keeping quiet about this matter.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Wheein smiles gratefully at her. She didn't expect the prince, of all people, to understand her. And she's also relieved that she wouldn't have to explain herself to the Queen, even if it's only for today. She can never be too sure that the Prince wouldn't tell on her.

The Prince's lips resembled a genuine smile after receiving such a sincere smile from the princess for the first time.

"Just be back before the banquet. Don't make the Queen worry." Prince Moonbyul instructed.

Wheein bows as a sign of gratitude. She thought the Prince doesn't care about the Queen at all, because of all her minor dalliances with other women. It was nice to know that the Prince cares about her sister, even for a little.

The princess then proceeds to pick up her bow and arrow from the ground hiding behind a big rock, before slipping through the wall crack.

But before the princess could get away from the castle walls, Prince Moonbyul was already behind her. "Prince!" she exclaimed. She didn't expect the prince to follow her. "What are you doing?"

The Prince smirked, pleased at the Princess' surprised face. She takes a step forward, a little too close for Wheein's liking. "I said I'll let you go out of the castle and give you your freedom. But I never said I'd let you out of my sight, Princess Wheein."

The princess hiccups, caught off guard by the mention of her name. Her hand immediately shoots up to cover . She realized it was the first time the Prince addressed her by her name. She's not sure how to feel about it.

"The Queen would definitely look for you, Your Highness." Wheein managed to say, attempting to distract herself from the butterfly that seemed to be going around her stomach in circles. 

"You might be right." Moonbyul replied. "I guess I'd join you some other time?" Moonbyul was asking for permission. She wanted to know if the princess is finally warming up to her.

Seulgi and Lalice were almost surprised that their Prince would ask when she could've easily imposed.

"It would be an honor, Your Highness." Wheein replied, rather bashful, but she tries not to let it show.

"Be careful out there, Princess. You never know when you might encounter a dashing Prince with her guards who might mistake you for an assassin." Moonbyul remarks, making Wheein chuckle, looking effortlessly beautiful. "Smiling suits you, Your Highness." she speaks her thoughts out loud, looking intently at the princess.

Wheein's cheeks turned rose pink, but meeting Byul's dark brown orbs, she was distracted by the memory of the prince's eyes turning red. "Your eyes..."  She wonders if the Prince is aware of how the color of her eyes suddenly changed.

"What about it?" Moonbyul asked, she narrows her eyes as she looks at Wheein with intensity, daring the princess to ask whats he's been meaning to ask. 

Wheein could feel a shiver down her spine just meeting Byul's intense stare. Even the brave princess cowered at the prince's sudden shift of aura. She shakes her head. "Nothing."

And with that, the princess went ahead to her archery practice.

The prince on the other hand makes her way back to the castle.

"Did you see that?" Hyejin asked. She was affirmative that the Prince's eyes turned into a shade of red while looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter