First Meeting

Queendom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yongsun, Queen of the Kingdom of Solaris, elegantly paced back and forth in her bedroom as she awaits the arrival of her betrothed.

She's only been a queen for a month, following the demise of the late King Nam Joon and Queen Bo Ra.

They were presumably ambushed on their way back to their Kingdom. But nobody knows what really happened, as there were no survivors from the royalties' convoy. Their remains were only sent back to Solaris by the guards of Lunaria, the Kingdom where the late King and Queen met their end.

Unbeknownst to the princesses, the previous King's health has been deteriorating, and was preparing his kingdom for his departure. He wanted to provide a strong alliance for his Kingdom that would be inherited by his first daughter. He knows that she's inexperienced, despite training her whole life, readying herself for the day she has to assume the throne. He's aware that his daughter's inexperience would make her vulnerable to the manipulation of selfish royal advisors, and his Kingdom would be vulnerable to the greed of other Kingdoms, especially their foes who are eager to conquer their land.

This lead him to reach a decision to offer an arranged marriage to the Kingdom of Lunaria, in return for an alliance, just days before his passing. It was a bold decision, considering that they have nothing much to offer for the Lunaria Empire. But the king hoped he could reason with the emperor of the empire.

And so, Princess Kim Yongsun who has just been recently proclaimed the new Queen of Solaris is set to meet the prince she is set to marry for the first time, Prince Moonbyul, heir to the throne of Lunaria Empire.

The queen knows, that one way or the other, she would have to marry, not for love, but for her kingdom. She's not sure what the future holds for their Kingdom, but she hopes that marrying the one and only heir to the strongest empire of the North would be for the betterment of her Kingdom rather than leading them to ruins.

The prince doesn't exactly hold the nicest reputation, Prince Moon Byulyi, feared like the devil, despite her 'angel-like face' as others would put it. She hasn't seen it herself, only words relayed by people who crossed paths with her. But other than that, she knows nothing about the prince. She's not sure if she should be delighted to marry her.

Despite all the preparations for this day, Yongsun is still nervous. Another month from now, she would promise herself to a person she doesn't know, a person rumored to be heartless.

"Show yourself." the prince commanded the person wearing a hooded cloak, with an arrow in hand.

Prince Moonbyul decided to go to her betrothed a week earlier. She thinks it would be a good idea to immerse herself in the Kingdom she would soon reign over.

She brought only two knights, and one servant, as she didn't like traveling with a long convoy. She's confident in her own skills to survive a journey with just two of her trusted knights, despite her parents' protests. She's never one to follow the rules. That's actually one of the reasons her father arranged her marriage despite the lack of gain at their kingdom's end in the proposal. It was her punishment, sending her to be wedded to a queen of such a puny kingdom.

"How can I expect the people to follow my laws, if my own heir can't even follow my rules?" her father would always say.

The prince places her hand on the handle of her sword just in case the mysterious person would attempt anything funny.

The mysterious figure raises both hands. "I'm just hunting."

The prince was taken aback that it was a female voice, a sweet voice at that. She could swear it sounded like a voice of an angel, sweet as honey. But she snaps out of it. It was a good alibi, considering that the Kingdom of Solaris consists of plain lands, and people have to go outside the Kingdom to hunt in forests nearby. But she's learned to always be on guard. "Drop your weapon and show me your face." she commanded.

"I told you, I was just hunting. I'm no threat to you." the cloaked woman answered.

"Do not talk s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter