Getting to know each other

The four of us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was 2 am and they couldn’t sleep because the twins were having a fever.

Even though it was something mild, neither Moonbyul nor Yongsun had much experience with kids, and they were worried.

From time to time, the young women bumped into each other on the corridor when they were checking the babies.

Exhausted and frustrated, Moonbyul knocked at her roommate’s door.

Scared, the brunette widened her eyes and asked:

__ What happened? Did they get worse?

__ No no. Sorry to scare you. I had an idea.

The older one murmured:

__ No problem. What is it?

__ How about we take the boys to one of our beds? It fits all of us. This way we can keep an eye on them while the other rests a bit.__ The brown-haired woman murmured.

Yongsun yawned and put on her flip flop:

__ Yeah, I guess it’s a suitable solution. They are closer to your room. Let’s get them.

Moonbyul picked Gi and the baby boy hugged her while being half asleep.

Kwon was sleeping heavily. So the black-haired one struggled a bit to hold him and take him to the other room.

They put the babies in the middle of Moonbyul’s double bed and each lay down on one side.

__ I don’t think I can get back to sleep now. What if is not just a fever?__ Yongsun murmured.

__ Their teeth are popping like popcorn. This is the reason for the fever. But tomorrow we can take them to their peds.__ Moonbyul caressed one of the twin’s forehead.

Suddenly the black-haired girl smiled and said:

__ Yong unnie would love this. I mean, not the babies feeling sick. Just the mood of all of us together. She would hang some sheets on top of the bed and turn it into a camp.

Laughing, Moonbyul nodded in agreement:

__ She totally would. Yonghee made our camp in the living room a couple of times. They didn’t have the twins yet.

__ Unnie used to play and take care of me when we were kids. She was my second mom. I wish I had spent time with her and seen her build her family...__ Yongsun got sad.

Moonbyul stretched her arm and patted the other girl’s shoulder.

__ I know your sister had zero negative feelings regarding you. Yonghee missed her maknae, but she was rooting for you, glad that you were living your life. You kept distance while trying to spare her feelings about your struggles. Stop blaming yourself. We can’t change the past.

__ You’re right. Thank you.

The younger one whispered:

__ Don’t mention it.

Yongsun tried to smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter